Prediction: Littlefinger is trying (or will try) to kill Tyrion.

Angel Eyes

4 hours ago, Hugorfonics said:

Word, so theres this

This is the only case of legal adoption that I could find, its not the best precedent pertaining to our discussion, with Addam being family and a dragonrider, but its something

Lol, cold. Im certain of nothing, but when Bronn was asked if hed kill a baby with no questions asked, he said no, hed ask about a reward first. What'd be the reward for killing Young Tyrion? Hes just an innocent bastard baby

No, don't. What kind of name is Tanner? Certainly not a bastards name. I see wiki also calls Young Tyrion a Tanner, I take issue with that. The kids gotta be a Waters

Yeah that is a bit odd.  Maybe its supposed to be a point on how Bronn doesn't even know the basics of lordly rules?  Stokeworth is in the crownlands so he should be Waters.

Great find on the adoption thing!

20 hours ago, Hugorfonics said:

Word, so theres this

This is the only case of legal adoption that I could find, its not the best precedent pertaining to our discussion, with Addam being family and a dragonrider, but its something

Lol, cold. Im certain of nothing, but when Bronn was asked if hed kill a baby with no questions asked, he said no, hed ask about a reward first. What'd be the reward for killing Young Tyrion? Hes just an innocent bastard baby

No, don't. What kind of name is Tanner? Certainly not a bastards name. I see wiki also calls Young Tyrion a Tanner, I take issue with that. The kids gotta be a Waters

Eh, he might keep him around just for kicks, or kill him just to be rid of him. The thing about the reward was that he would not kill a babe for someone else without a reward. I don't think he'd have any problem doing it for his own reasons.

The story is that little Tyrion was conceived behind a tanner's shop, but I don't see him called Tyrion Tanner in the text, so I'm not sure where the wiki would have gotten that from. Maybe the app? If true, then I think this points up how shameful he is; he doesn't even get the name Waters. :crying:

6 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

Eh, he might keep him around just for kicks, or kill him just to be rid of him. The thing about the reward was that he would not kill a babe for someone else without a reward. I don't think he'd have any problem doing it for his own reasons.

But what reasons could there possibly be? Hes not Craster.

6 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

The story is that little Tyrion was conceived behind a tanner's shop, but I don't see him called Tyrion Tanner in the text, so I'm not sure where the wiki would have gotten that from. Maybe the app? If true, then I think this points up how shameful he is; he doesn't even get the name Waters. :crying:

I asked Small Questions (and then confirmed on my on, cuz im paranoid lol) and like always they were helpful. 

The appendix in adwd lists him as Tyrion Tanner.

Very shameful, poor Tyrion. I hope things turn out well for him

On 8/20/2019 at 1:45 AM, argonak said:

Wait what's this about Bronn working for Littlefinger?  Where is that from?  And the Pie thing?  And wasn't Mandon Moore working for Cersei?

Adding on to @John Suburbs said (in frantic agreement)- Petyr Baelish does everything. Cersei, Renly, Eddard, Tyrion have all been his unwitting pawns.

We first meet Bronn on the road to the Eyrie, as he hungrily watches Chiggen, his brother-in-arms, expertly butcher Tyrion's horse.

“None of us will go hungry tonight,” Bronn said. He was near a shadow himself; bone thin and bone hard, with black eyes and black hair and a stubble of beard.

(AGoT, Ch.31 Tyrion IV)

His leaness shows he is no Riverlands henchman, living off the fat of a peaceful ten-year summer. His familiarity with Dothraki customs and Chiggen's expert butchery give us a clue - until very recently, they had been fighting in Essos, probably, like Jorah, in the disputed lands, where they had become acquainted with Dothraki ways. Bronn prefers his horseflesh fried with onions, the way fat Belwas prefers his liver, hinting they might have gone further east, perhaps trading Dothraki slaves with the slave cities ,as Jorah had.

It is hardly surprising that such a man should be found at the Inn at the Crossroads. The melee with a purse of 20,000 gold dragons would draw such to the capital - if they had left the ship that brought them from Essos at a port north or west of Duskendale (or disembarked long before they met Tyrion on his easy-paced trip back from the Wall -less likely, because they are still very lean, and notably not wasteful with food, and not rusty with the knife skills).

The suspicious thing is why such hardbitten mercenaries as Bronn and Chiggen (and such a coward as Marillion) would take up Catelyn's offer to make themselves the enemy of Tywin Lannister, the richest man in Westeros, who happened to be recruiting sell swords from Essos at the time. Marillion knows a Lannister when he sees one (and has heard Alia of Braavos, in spite of his dislike of the Northern clime. Although 'blizzards and bearskins' (AGoT, Ch.28 Catelyn V) might refer to tales told to him by Jorah Mormont in Essos. It is unlikely an 18 year old from Wendish Town would have first-hand knowledge of either.)

Even the Whents, Freys, and Brackens Caitlyn directs her appeals for unpaid and dubious acts of fealty to hesitate (all but old . Why, if the melee had brought them to the inn,

On 8/27/2019 at 4:01 AM, John Suburbs said:

This is not Bronn's son. It is a baseborn bastard sired by rape.

ssd

On 8/27/2019 at 8:04 AM, argonak said:

I meant is there legal adoption.  It doesn't seem like it, or else you wouldn't need crown authorization to legitimize a bastard, you could just adopt them.

20 hours ago, Hugorfonics said:

But what reasons could there possibly be? Hes not Craster.

I asked Small Questions (and then confirmed on my on, cuz im paranoid lol) and like always they were helpful. 

The appendix in adwd lists him as Tyrion Tanner.

Very shameful, poor Tyrion. I hope things turn out well for him

Who knows? Maybe the kid will be a half-wit too, or just plain annoying. Maybe someone will try to use him to depose Bronn or his son. But I'm pretty certain that Bronn will not look on him in a fatherly way. I doubt he would do that for his own children. Bronn is not the charming rogue that we see in the mummer's farce. He's a stone-cold killer who is out for Number One.

Ah, the appendix. Good catch. Yes, the boy is considered so toxic that he doesn't even get to be a Waters. Poor little guy. He's going to be scorned and tormented all his life. Bronn might even be doing him a favor by offing him now. That would be the kindest thing he could do for him.

20 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

Who knows? Maybe the kid will be a half-wit too, or just plain annoying. Maybe someone will try to use him to depose Bronn or his son. But I'm pretty certain that Bronn will not look on him in a fatherly way. I doubt he would do that for his own children. Bronn is not the charming rogue that we see in the mummer's farce. He's a stone-cold killer who is out for Number One.

Just because someone is a stone cold killer doesn't mean they can't also love their family.    Or have a soft spot for some kid with a hard life who never did anything to deserve waht the world will do to him.

50 minutes ago, argonak said:

Just because someone is a stone cold killer doesn't mean they can't also love their family.    Or have a soft spot for some kid with a hard life who never did anything to deserve waht the world will do to him.

Stone-cold killers generally don't have soft spots for others, particularly the rape-bastard of his lackwit wife, who he only married to get himself a castle. I think the odds to this happening for little Tyrion Tanner are slim to none.

21 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

Bronn might even be doing him a favor by offing him now. That would be the kindest thing he could do for him.

Lol. Dude, what the fuck? 

No man, killing a baby is not the kindest thing to do for him. Lol, like, do you really need an explanation why?

21 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

Poor little guy. He's going to be scorned and tormented all his life. 

Not as much as smallfolk, which is like 90% of Westeros

On 8/26/2019 at 8:51 PM, argonak said:

Naming the baby Tyrion only drew Cersei's ire, so I don't see that Bronn has anything positive to gain from it.  Seems like he's memorializing a former employer and something of a friend to me.

I think it was quite obviously a joke. We know that Bronn (baller that he is) has never really been much in awe of his "betters", so he probably didn't give too many fucks how Cersei would react. He's insolent to a fault.

Personally I think Tyrion would see the funny side of it, but neither him nor Bronn are the kind to get choked up about that sort of thing. 

On 8/29/2019 at 1:42 AM, Walda said:

The suspicious thing is why such hardbitten mercenaries as Bronn and Chiggen (and such a coward as Marillion) would take up Catelyn's offer to make themselves the enemy of Tywin Lannister, the richest man in Westeros, who happened to be recruiting sell swords from Essos at the time. Marillion knows a Lannister when he sees one (and has heard Alia of Braavos, in spite of his dislike of the Northern clime. Although 'blizzards and bearskins' (AGoT, Ch.28 Catelyn V) might refer to tales told to him by Jorah Mormont in Essos. It is unlikely an 18 year old from Wendish Town would have first-hand knowledge of either.)

Simple opportunism. They were probably en route to the tourney, which for men in their line of work is like a massive recruitment fair. Bronn and Chiggen see an opportunity to make a quick stag or two doing Catelyn's bidding. Just by inserting themselves into the situation they will at least see that they get a few coins thrown their way. As we know, Bronn later realises that Tyrion would be a better benefactor and trades up, but at the Inn they simply see one of the highest nobles in the 7K asking for help, and the opportunity to profit. 

They probably didn't know that Tywin was recruiting sellswords. I doubt he was posting ads on Craigslist. Tywin at that point was probably just sending over to Essos for free companies and recruiting locally. Even if they did know, they were at the Inn when Catelyn suddenly pipes up and demands swords. That's a Once In A Life Time Opportunity for a couple of freelancers who had just nipped in for a beer. 

As for Marrillion, he seems like someone who wants to be a famous singer, and sees an opportunity to insert himself into the story. 

On 8/30/2019 at 12:45 PM, Hugorfonics said:

Lol. Dude, what the fuck? 

No man, killing a baby is not the kindest thing to do for him. Lol, like, do you really need an explanation why?

Not as much as smallfolk, which is like 90% of Westeros

To Bronn's way of thinking, this might be his motivation, or his excuse. It's the same attitude that had Robert and some of the northmen thinking it was best to let Bran die or that eliminating the Targ children was justified, or pitching dwarfs into the sea, or leaving male children in the wood. Asioaf is a harsh world.

2 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

To Bronn's way of thinking, this might be his motivation, or his excuse. 

You actually think that Bronns motivation to kill a toddler would be that babies are annoying? 

Here's his words

Tyrion was a little drunk, and very tired. "Tell me, Bronn. If I told you to kill a babe . . . an infant girl, say, still at her mother's breast . . . would you do it? Without question?"

"Without question? No." The sellsword rubbed thumb and forefinger together. "I'd ask how much."

How Much.

If the kid had a claim to his mothers land itd be a different story. Even if he was an obnoxious pre teen like Joff I may understand your conclusion. However hes not. 

2 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

It's the same attitude that had Robert and some of the northmen thinking it was best to let Bran die or that eliminating the Targ children was justified, or pitching dwarfs into the sea, or leaving male children in the wood. Asioaf is a harsh world.

Bran was broken and in a coma, and although Robert contemplated "pulling the plug" his family objected.

The Targ kids are living banners to combat Robert, its understandable their life is in jeopardy

However southron noblemen do not throw midgets into the sea nor leave healthy children in the woods.

Westeros is a harsh world, but its not an insane murderous one, and killing your wifes son because hes annoying is frankly insane. 

The choice between bondage and suicide may plague the Essosi slaves like it plagues Reek. However no one should ever choose death for a child in the face of ridicule over his birth or mentally challenged mother

9 hours ago, Hugorfonics said:

Bran was broken and in a coma, and although Robert contemplated "pulling the plug" his family objected.

Small point, but I don't think that's how it went down. Robert made some drunken comments about putting Bran out of his misery, but he never seriously "contemplated" it, and certainly didn't raise it with the Starks.

21 hours ago, Hugorfonics said:

You actually think that Bronns motivation to kill a toddler would be that babies are annoying? 

Here's his words

How Much.

If the kid had a claim to his mothers land itd be a different story. Even if he was an obnoxious pre teen like Joff I may understand your conclusion. However hes not. 

The Targ kids are living banners to combat Robert, its understandable their life is in jeopardy

However southron noblemen do not throw midgets into the sea nor leave healthy children in the woods.

Westeros is a harsh world, but its not an insane murderous one, and killing your wifes son because hes annoying is frankly insane. 

The choice between bondage and suicide may plague the Essosi slaves like it plagues Reek. However no one should ever choose death for a child in the face of ridicule over his birth or mentally challenged mother

Bronn is not the sweet, lovable rogue we saw in the mummer's farce. If the boy becomes a liability, he'll get rid of him. At the very least, he will cast him out. If it somehow emerges that he becomes a rival for Stokeworth, he'll kill him. That's the way Bronn rolls.

On 8/19/2019 at 11:45 AM, argonak said:

Wait what's this about Bronn working for Littlefinger?  Where is that from?  And the Pie thing?  And wasn't Mandon Moore working for Cersei?

Ah yes.

The pie.

Personally, I think the pie and the wine were both poisoned. In fact, the breakfast meal or any of the 19 courses they had been poisoned. But I think the Tyrells poisoned the wine with Littlefinger and Sansa's help and the pie was poisoned by Varys. And I'm sure that Oberyn Martell had something to do with it.

Basically, two or more parties were trying to kill the king at the same time for different reasons. We just don't know exactly which poison did it.

In any case, I think the whole premise of this thread is weird. Of course, Littlefinger wants Tyrion dead. He's been actively working towards that since A Game of Thrones. And the funniest thing about is that Tyrion doesn't know why Littlefinger wants him dead nor does Tyrion follow up on Littlefinger's attempts on his life.

Archived