George's writing schedule.

M.Alhazred

Don't know if this has been posted but in an Interview with Waterstone's blog here's his schedule: TWoW - Dunk & Egg 4 - ADoS - D&E 5 - Fire & Blood 2. Let's hope he doesn't get sidetracked here.This is the most definite statement we've head about any of the books from him.

Interesting. Do you have a link?

I've been re reading D&E after a long time and I love them. They are both simple and profound stories. I wondered why GRRM hasn't finished them because they are relatively short and don't have the complex plot of the main series. They are more straightforward. Think on the "she wolves of Wintwrfell". It should be almost done!

I guess it has to do with details that affect the main series and our writer is still undecided about them. 

6 hours ago, rotting sea cow said:

I guess it has to do with details that affect the main series and our writer is still undecided about them. 

Or because there are huge spoilers in D&E.

For example - could be that Old Nan is the mother of Dunk's child/children, and ancestor of Brienne, the Hound and the Mountain;

the Lady of Winterfell, Melantha Stark-Blackwood, could be older sister or cousin or aunt of Egg's future wife, Betha Blackwood. Possibly Egg and Betha met for the first time, while they were still children, and it happened in span of "The She-Wolves of Winterfell";

I think, that Melantha Blackwood could be daughter of Mya Rivers, and niece of Bloodraven, and that Melissa Blackwood, Bloodraven's mother, was daughter of Mariah Stark, whose father was Cregan Stark, which means, that Bloodraven is Bran's great great great uncle on his Stark-Blackwood line (Cregan was married with Alisanne Blackwood, and had four daughters with her) - if my assumption is correct, then thru Melantha Blackwood, Starks are carrier of Targaryen genes, because Melantha is Aegon IV's granddaughter;

I think that Littlefinger is descendant of Aegon IV, thru Aegon's mistress-daughter, Jeyne Lothston. Possibly, the Bastard of Harrenhal, that was defeated by Ser Arlan of Pennytree, is Jeyne and Aegon's secret son. In my opinion, this guy was a knight in service of House Lothstone, later he founded House Whent, and caused the fall of Lothstons. He was grandfather or great-grandfather of Lady Shella Whent, and he was father of the sellsword from Braavos, who was Littlefinger's great great grandfather. Which means, that Petyr Baelysh and Catelyn Tully are third cousins, and that Catelyn's children are carriers of Targaryen genes not only thru Melantha Blackwood, but also thru Cat's mother, Minisa Whent.

And this Bastard of Harrenhal, and his Whent-children, that helped him to overthrow Mad Danella Lothston (she briefly appeared in "The Mystery Knight"), and his bastard-son, who was a sellsword in Braavos, were all already present in time-span of D&E novels. Also, if Starks of that period are indeed bloodrelated to Targaryens, and to Bloodraven, then it will be mentioned in the next novel, when Egg will be visiting Winterfell. Thus, GRRM can't publish that novel, until this same information won't be revealed in the main series. For example, Bloodraven can reveal it to Bran, that they are bloodrelated, that Bran's great great grandmother was Bloodraven's niece, and that Bran is an ideal candidate to become a next greenseer, because him and Bloodraven have similar genes. That's why the Children (or was it Bloodraven?) said to Bran, that his blood is what makes him a greenseer.

Archived