Has Brienne met The Hound?

emily11luna

I watched the TV show before reading the books--what a mistake--and now I keep getting the plots mixed up. I've just begun A Dance with Dragons, so I last saw Brienne in A Feast for Crows (spoilers ahead). She was being hanged by Lady Stoneheart's men, and Sandor is supposedly dead. Up until this point in the story, have Brienne and Sandor ever met? 

6 hours ago, emily11luna said:

I watched the TV show before reading the books--what a mistake--and now I keep getting the plots mixed up. I've just begun A Dance with Dragons, so I last saw Brienne in A Feast for Crows (spoilers ahead). She was being hanged by Lady Stoneheart's men, and Sandor is supposedly dead. Up until this point in the story, have Brienne and Sandor ever met? 

No I don't think so. 

Brienne never met Sandor Clegane. She is hunting for him for much of her arc though. Her quest after him starts in her third chapters into AFFC, when she hears from Timeon, the dornishman Brave Companion, that the Hound has Sansa Stark with him, and It goes on untill her sixth chapter when the Elder Brother tells her he burried "the Hound" (though probably not Sandor Clegane).

She never meets Sandor, but she does meet the Hound... She kills Rorge while he is incoporating the Hound persona, wearing the helmet, and later the Hound (being now incorporated by Lem from the brotherhood without banners) is the one to hang her.

On 8/18/2019 at 2:47 PM, emily11luna said:

Met? As in introduced? "Lady Brienne, may I present Sandor Clegane, the Hound."? No.

She has seen him though. On the Quiet Isle.

On 8/23/2019 at 7:41 AM, John Suburbs said:

She has seen him though. On the Quiet Isle. 

for true?  i see in the text Brienne sees Stranger but no Hound.

am I missing something from Brienne 6 ?

Archived