New Matrix movie in the works

GallowKnight

5 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

I think it was supposed to be then bombed to hard.

Well as I remember all the young people died and the new lead turned out to be one of the killers. They may have been planning a scream 5, but obviously it couldn't include the new younger people. 

15 hours ago, RumHam said:

Reveal hidden contents

Well as I remember all the young people died and the new lead turned out to be one of the killers. They may have been planning a scream 5, but obviously it couldn't include the new younger people. 

Well

Spoiler

Hayden Pannettierre's character was stabbed in the stomach but it was left ambiguous whether she died.  I would assume if they wanted to make a Scream 5, she could be the new Final Girl. 

14 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Lies.

Those were generally bad reviews then. I'm with others who said covenant managed to make a stupid film even worse by almost petulantly shitting all over Prometheus. It maybe gets meta points if Ridley scott did this intentionally in a "fine, lets make it so that Prometheus never happened then".

22 hours ago, DMC said:

Hard to see another Scream getting greenlit without Craven - especially considering how much of a disappointment 4 was.  Maybe if Williamson wrote a script and pushed for it.

Wasn't there a tv show?

I was watching John Wick 3 and thinking the motorbike fights could easily have been in the matrix. Hell, the john wick series may as well be in the actually matrix! Maybe by john Wick 5 he'll awaken and we'll realise it was all a build up. Those endless supply of assassins must be the equivalent of AI agents. And Morpheus is already there to help him.

43 minutes ago, red snow said:

Wasn't there a tv show?

Yeah, I didn't watch it.  Looks like it lasted 3 seasons and 30 episodes.  Anyway it didn't follow the original storyline, it was an anthology series.

On 8/23/2019 at 3:41 PM, Maithanet said:

Well

Hide contents

Hayden Pannettierre's character was stabbed in the stomach but it was left ambiguous whether she died.  I would assume if they wanted to make a Scream 5, she could be the new Final Girl. 

I was really pissed that she apparently died there - her character was cool.

As for Matrix 4 - I'm genuinely looking forward to this. I guess that means I'm officially getting old.

It was sort of ambiguous whether Neo was truly dead, but the way to bring him and Trinity back would be in the Matrix, anyway - as programs or digital avatars rather than biological people.

6 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

I was really pissed that she apparently died there - her character was cool.

As for Matrix 4 - I'm genuinely looking forward to this. I guess that means I'm officially getting old.

It was sort of ambiguous whether Neo was truly dead, but the way to bring him and Trinity back would be in the Matrix, anyway - as programs or digital avatars rather than biological people.

Having them ascend into being code works for me too. I liked the hints at ai that wanted to protect/preserve humans and Reeves and co could work in that way

25 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

Sure, that's the obvious way to bring them back, and certainly could even go off of the last lines of Revolutions:

Sati: Will we ever see [Neo] again?
Oracle: I suspect so. Someday.
Seraph: Did you always know?
Oracle: Oh no. No, I didn’t. But I believed. I believed.

But that extended shot of him in the crucifix pose with light beaming out of him while he explodes in the matrix seems a pretty fucking on the nose allusion and symbolism of christ dying for our sins.  So, I think his body at least clearly died, or ceased to medically function, or whatever.  But also it's entirely reasonable if it comes back. 

31 minutes ago, DMC said:

Sure, that's the obvious way to bring them back, and certainly could even go off of the last lines of Revolutions:

But that extended shot of him in the crucifix pose with light beaming out of him while he explodes in the matrix seems a pretty fucking on the nose allusion and symbolism of christ dying for our sins.  So, I think his body at least clearly died, or ceased to medically function, or whatever.  But also it's entirely reasonable if it comes back. 

There was a lot of talk back then what it meant that he shone golden like the machines did in the city when we saw them take care of his body. Could be a sign that he ascended into 'machine heaven', could be that he was just dead.

However, any real potential this story has would be to finally explore what machine life is like, how they differ from human society, and what kind of truce they established at the end of the trilogy. In that sense, Neo and Trinity showing up again in 'machine space' or a new version of the Matrix where humans and machines live together and interact on a friendly basis is the only scenario that would make sense for me narratively. They already sort of established such stuff with the whole plot of the 'human zoo' also serving as a refuge for exile programs from the machine world.

Anything else would be just a rehash of the old stuff. And, frankly, there was a lot unused potential in the last two films - they always interacted with the artificial intelligences the machines put into place to control humanity (or rather, their power plant department). We never actually met a machine character until the Deus Ex Machina face in the city - and that guy wasn't particularly forthcoming or developed.

53 minutes ago, DMC said:

Jesus dying is what he's famous for, but that was only the beginning of the trick.

Meanwhile, I think it would be interesting to see Code Neo and Code Trinity trying to stop some terrorist humans who are trying to scuttle the peace terms. Could be an interesting inversion.

4 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Meanwhile, I think it would be interesting to see Code Neo and Code Trinity trying to stop some terrorist humans who are trying to scuttle the peace terms. Could be an interesting inversion.

This sounds like something the Nolans would do.

3 hours ago, Lord Varys said:

There was a lot of talk back then what it meant that he shone golden like the machines did in the city when we saw them take care of his body. Could be a sign that he ascended into 'machine heaven', could be that he was just dead.

However, any real potential this story has would be to finally explore what machine life is like, how they differ from human society, and what kind of truce they established at the end of the trilogy. In that sense, Neo and Trinity showing up again in 'machine space' or a new version of the Matrix where humans and machines live together and interact on a friendly basis is the only scenario that would make sense for me narratively. They already sort of established such stuff with the whole plot of the 'human zoo' also serving as a refuge for exile programs from the machine world.

Anything else would be just a rehash of the old stuff. And, frankly, there was a lot unused potential in the last two films - they always interacted with the artificial intelligences the machines put into place to control humanity (or rather, their power plant department). We never actually met a machine character until the Deus Ex Machina face in the city - and that guy wasn't particularly forthcoming or developed.

I Don t think they should be codes/machines. We would completly lose the connection to the real world... 

However I agree that we need more focus on machine society, how the truce works, what is being done to heal the planet, why neo has powers in the real world... 

My problem is what will be the problem they have to solve? With the truce they need a reason to have a conflict... Unless now the humans are on the verge of total victory and neo wants to protect the matrix for reasons or if the matrix is evolving and developing some conscience and is able to affect the real world I have no idea what the film might be about... 

16 hours ago, divica said:

I Don t think they should be codes/machines. We would completly lose the connection to the real world...

Only if there were no normal human beings around - which is not very likely. Technically there would be Niobe, Morpheus, and that Kid-guy around.

While in the Matrix there is definitely that Indian girl, Sati, to deal with who, supposedly, is going to play some role in the future.

Neo technically could return to life in bodily form, but Trinity is definitely dead and gone. It would be ridiculous to bring her back in the flesh after that overly long and contrived death scene.

I'm willing to give it a chance because I don't think Lana and Reeves would be on board for it if they didn't have a story they wanted to tell. Whether it will be a good story executed well or not is a different question, but I don't think it will be a cynical cash grab.

Archived