New Matrix movie in the works

GallowKnight

On 8/25/2019 at 11:43 PM, karaddin said:

I'm willing to give it a chance because I don't think Lana and Reeves would be on board for it if they didn't have a story they wanted to tell. Whether it will be a good story executed well or not is a different question, but I don't think it will be a cynical cash grab.

I'm mostly with you with being willing to give it a chance. Reeves has been doing no wrong lately in picking interesting and high-quality projects, and even the projects he's been producing internationally have been pretty good for the most part. I don't have quite as much confidence in Lana, as just about everything she was involved with after V for Vendetta up to Sense8 was pretty terrible (I know there are some fans, but I didn't like Cloud Atlas). Sense8 overall was a beginning of a return to form, although some of it was just really messy also. But if she's convinced Reeves to return then I'm going to assume that she's got a fresh, interesting new story to tell.

And apparently Lilly released a statement with full-throated support for a return to the Matrix universe, plus I think she's already involved with another project, so it sounds like it may just be scheduling conflicts that are getting in the way of a collaborative project.

50 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

I'm mostly with you with being willing to give it a chance. Reeves has been doing no wrong lately in picking interesting and high-quality projects, and even the projects he's been producing internationally have been pretty good for the most part. I don't have quite as much confidence in Lana, as just about everything she was involved with after V for Vendetta up to Sense8 was pretty terrible (I know there are some fans, but I didn't like Cloud Atlas). 

See, I'd classify that as confidence in the execution and that's much more up in the air for me. I'm not super confident on that front, I just trust that there is a new part of the story that they'll attempt to tell.

And I hope that even if they miss, they swing for the stands and I can enjoy it in a similar way to that I did for Jupiter Ascending. Ideally pull it off, but if you don't then make it huge, expensive and gorgeous.

Archived