Succession Season 2 - Full Spoilers

Relic

Anyone watching this? A show this well written and acted and produced deserves more accolades than I'm seeing, even IF you're basically watching a nest of vipers devour each other. 

I love this show, you’re right though I don’t see a great deal of discussion about it. On paper I don’t normally go for shows with no likeable characters, but this is just so masterfully done. Each sibling has their own unique awfulness, a fledgling personality that’s crushed between their conflicting feelings of utter hatred and devout worship for their Dad.

I keep catching myself feeling sorry for Ken this season, then suddenly realising he’s an awful, awful human being.

This show is wonderful.... I could watch Brian Cox read the dictionary... 

Kiernan Culkin (Roman) is such a perfect little fucker... every time he speaks I know I'm going to simultaneously cringe, and laugh... 

I am so not used to seeing Mathew MacFadyen in this kind of role... but he, too, is killing it...

Justine Lupe is great in everything she's in... I hope she gets more screen time... 

It took me a few minutes to figure out where I recognized Dagmara Dominczyk (Karolina) from...  The Count of Monte Cristo

18 hours ago, Zorral said:

Who loved "Boar on the floor!"?

Man, that was hard to watch. Not just because of the debasement, and the power tripping, but because i honestly have no idea how i would react in a similar situation. I'd like to think I'd tell everyone to fuck off and walk out, but where the hell do you go when your stuck in the middle of the country side at night in Hungary, or as Tom called it - "Europe. Nice bit of war torn spooky anti-semitic vampirey war torn Europe". I guess when you're rich enough that isn't much of an issue, and just goes to show how much these slimy people are attracted to their positions of being close to power, and wealth. 

Low key best line of the ep was Tom again "You're about the moral character of a guy called Rat Fucker Sam? He is a fucking piece of fucking shit." LOL. Look around Tom, and look in the mirror.  

This new season has been so fucking good. Everything in this show is clicking on some of the highest levels ive ever seen in a tv show. 

I just keep seeing and hearing the Bedbug in Chief and his family and associates in every bit of this, particularly as every single person considers fucking the entire world and populations in the cruelest, most destructive ways they can devise, their right.  I kept hoping that the beaters, the wild boars, someone, something, would pick up a piece and put them all out of their misery and our own.

Tom's reaction to getting put in the not actually a panic room was great. Also "an attack child!" from Greg. 

Like Tom is a piece of shit, (just about everyone in the family is.) But the show still manages to get me to feel for him somehow.

Also how is Willa canny enough to realize that eulogizing a molester is a bad idea but doesn't seem at all concerned that Connor running for president will eventually result in her past career coming to light?

Tom is the most horrible. He out-horribled all the rest of them in this episode, which is quite an achievement.  Macfadyen must love playing this role.  Farewell forever, Detective Reid and Ripper Street!

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Relic said:

Kendall literally shitting the bed was one of the most WTF and hilarious moments thus far. I don;t understand how this show isn't more popular. 

Because every single character is purely disgusting.

The critics adore it though -- it's pure family dynamics! They don't care about the implications for the rest of the world that isn't these obscene critters, who are just like the obscene  critters currently destroying as fast as possible every single positive good that is out there for the good of the public.  Who cares what is going on really with such horrors -- this is so much fun!  ugh.

2 hours ago, Zorral said:

Because every single character is purely disgusting.

The critics adore it though -- it's pure family dynamics! They don't care about the implications for the rest of the world that isn't these obscene critters, who are just like the obscene  critters currently destroying as fast as possible every single positive good that is out there for the good of the public.  Who cares what is going on really with such horrors -- this is so much fun!  ugh.

What? Are you saying that escapism is the only fiction worth consuming? This show knows what it is, it knows that the people its depicting are despicable scumbags with severe mental health issues. It illustrates the realities of the uber rich in modern times far better than anything ive ever seen, or even read, and shows it for the maggot infested shit pile that it is. That's the freaking point. But i guess you want your entertainment to be of the Marvel variety? 

It is very hard to watch, where every single character is not only extremely emotionally damaged, but an unlikable asshole.  The show never gives the viewer any reason to hope that any one of these abused/abusive jerks will exhibit any positive personal growth.  I can only take it in small doses, I tried binging and lasted 3 episodes, then had to take a break.  It's simply way too depressing for most people, as well, it doesn't have any extra bells or whistles...no sexy soapy plot, no CGI, no sex or violence.

Archived