Succession Season 2 - Full Spoilers

Relic

26 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

I don’t know if Logan and Kendall were in cahoots, but I think this is what he wanted to happen, Kendall became the killer Logan dared him to be and proved himself worthy to take over.

Right, there was a line in season one about how the only way Kendall was ever gonna get his dad's respect was to try to kill him and I think we just saw that happen. 

Kendall was totally taping Logan when he brought up the dead british kid right? Mutual assured destruction and all. 

I dunno, because Kendall's always shown he was at the least a would-be killer from the very first episode of season one, where he was orchestrating a take-over -- it just failed. He had no trouble killing other companies like Vaulter either, for instance.

And he did indeed literally kill somebody.

Though I see from the recaps etc. this morning, that others have agreed with my cohooting theory (which of course, since so many are speculating about it then means I can't call it mine :rolleyes: ), that others don't agree is understandable though.

I wish we got to see more of Greg's terrible testimony. I have no idea how he survived that. Presumably at some point they would have asked him "Documents are missing and you were the last one to check them out. On Thanksgiving night which is really suspicious. Did you destroy the documents?" and that really should have been it for him. 

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

I wish we got to see more of Greg's terrible testimony. I have no idea how he survived that. Presumably at some point they would have asked him "Documents are missing and you were the last one to check them out. On Thanksgiving night which is really suspicious. Did you destroy the documents?" and that really should have been it for him. 

Ya -- we did seem to skip conveniently over some important points, including how - when - why Kendall and Greg had The Conversation about the purloined documents rescued from Tom's balcony barbeque -- those are what Greg's got in the envelope at the end when Kendall puts in the shiv?

On 10/13/2019 at 5:39 PM, akh said:

I only read the first couple of posts on this thread and decided to give it a go. Holy shit this show is amazing - how had I not heard of it?! Been binging it whenever I have time. 

you're welcome =) 

• 2 weeks later...

Have finally gotten around to watching this, and binged the two seasons in a few days. It's interesting to see after-reviews and commentary on those who watched it as it was meant to be watched, on a weekly schedule. In particular, I have to say, the Kendall and Logan in cahoots thing does not come off at all if you binge it all. What becomes painfully obvious is that Logan Roy is well past his best years, is no longer the shark in the water that he used to be, and has been relying more and more on his reputation and his wealth to get by while others are nimbler and smarter. Logan is almost painfully ineffective in the last episodes, but he's also someone who sees himself as survivor, and he'll never let go. Hence, sacrificing his son to save his own skin... and that smile was a moment's recognition that that son was, when push came to shove, ready to be a killer, and so a moment of pride.

But it doesn't mean he's not going to fight tooth and nail to save his own skin, IMO.

Anyways, wonderfully written show. I think the only aspect of the second season that I was displeased with was how Marcia largely vanishes from the story even before Rhea is on the scene. I'm not sure what to make of that.

• 1 month later...

I binged this in the last few days and loved it. Matthew Macfayden and Jeremy Strong are the MVPs, but everyone kills it. This is a show that seemingly didn't need to exist (yet another rich family drama?), but ends up essentially being the perfect one for the Trump era.

Also, I'm pretty sure this show will end with Greg running the show, if there's a company at all.

One thing I didn't  get though was what was the point of having the Vaulter guy as a regular cast member in two seasons if he wasn't going to do anything.

Archived