Why didn’t Cersei do much in Season 8?

Angel Eyes

10 hours ago, Angel Eyes said:

And here I was thinking that D&D liked her character.

See, that's your mistake right there. The D men never gave two shits about any of the characters, ever. The entire point of their adaption is "cool shocking moments" that "only make sense creatively".

If they liked Cercei, why did they make Jaime rape her in season 4? Handling a character you like this way is very odd. The answer - they never really thought of this series as character driven story, but as a "series of cool events that you cannot predict". Making Cercei have basically no dialogue and then die from falling rocks is very sensible, "creatively". Also, you can't predict it and it's "shocking".

34 minutes ago, miyuki said:

See, that's your mistake right there. The D men never gave two shits about any of the characters, ever. The entire point of their adaption is "cool shocking moments" that "only make sense creatively".

If they liked Cercei, why did they make Jaime rape her in season 4? Handling a character you like this way is very odd. The answer - they never really thought of this series as character driven story, but as a "series of cool events that you cannot predict". Making Cercei have basically no dialogue and then die from falling rocks is very sensible, "creatively". Also, you can't predict it and it's "shocking".

I thought they liked her because she should have been dead by the end of Season 6 or 7, but she suddenly grew a brain and evened the odds against all odds.

Because the character shouldn't have lasted past s7, let alone up to the finale. They just wanted to keep Lena on for that extra Emmy nom. You don't need story or dialogue for that. Just emoting.

That said, I suspect they had planned for Cersei to be pregnant at one point. According to Lena Headey, they'd already filmed a miscarriage scene.

Because Cersei was never a character made to reach this far as a main villain. They dragged and stretched her story till there was nothing left to do with her. She was also written out of character after season 5 as well.

On 8/23/2019 at 6:03 PM, miyuki said:

Meh.

I don't disagree with the green part but they clearly like Tyrion very much. He's their "fratboy who thinks he's smarter than he actually is but wins anyway" self-insert.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived