Cricket 37: Boycott's Grandma Probably Should Bat

Jeor

1 minute ago, Consigliere said:

This one is going to be a nail-biter. 

Absolutely. Australia will feel confident now but if Woakes can hang in there for a little the odds will start to swing back. It's so close to the end now that a few runs here or a wicket there will make the match swing wildly between the two sides. Great to watch!

Woakes gone! This is really swinging back to Australia now, that target looks a mile away.

Archer, Broad and Leach just need to hang around a bit and leave the scoring to Stokes. The problem with tailenders is that they sometimes lose their heads and play shots, getting trigger happy after a first boundary is hit. If they can stay disciplined and weather the short stuff, they still have a chance.

So stupid from Archer. As an Aussie fan I am delighted that he is that stupid, but as a cricket fan i am infuriated at the lack of situational awareness. Why the fuck would you do that to your team after all that hard work. AND having the psychological advantage at the time cause Aussies would've been nervous for sure (probably still are, but not nearly as much with Broad gone as well).

Wow! Well done England.

I know it was Australia's fault they burnt the review, but the umpire missed that plumb LBW. Basically Stokes has the Midas Touch when it comes to getting luck in close games.

Archived