Sign in to follow this  
Jeor

Cricket 37: Boycott's Grandma Probably Should Bat

1 minute ago, Consigliere said:

This one is going to be a nail-biter. 

Absolutely. Australia will feel confident now but if Woakes can hang in there for a little the odds will start to swing back. It's so close to the end now that a few runs here or a wicket there will make the match swing wildly between the two sides. Great to watch!

Losing Buttler was a big moment. Australia favourites again!

Collapse! Surely Australia have this now. Valiant from England but it was always a tough chase.

Woakes gone! This is really swinging back to Australia now, that target looks a mile away.

Archer, Broad and Leach just need to hang around a bit and leave the scoring to Stokes. The problem with tailenders is that they sometimes lose their heads and play shots, getting trigger happy after a first boundary is hit. If they can stay disciplined and weather the short stuff, they still have a chance.

Oh, Jofra. You did not heed my advice. It went exactly as I feared - hit a boundary, got excited, then got out trying to hit another one.

Posted (edited)

So stupid from Archer. As an Aussie fan I am delighted that he is that stupid, but as a cricket fan i am infuriated at the lack of situational awareness. Why the fuck would you do that to your team after all that hard work. AND having the psychological advantage at the time cause Aussies would've been nervous for sure (probably still are, but not nearly as much with Broad gone as well).

Edited by The Winged Shadow

It's definitely not over yet. Australia only need one wicket, but Stokes has gone crazy and made it pretty close - only 37 runs needed.

Posted (edited)

We're playing for the ashes...

I guess playing with fire is appropriate

8 needed, keep it low, no need for height!

Edited by Which Tyler

Wow! Well done England.

I know it was Australia's fault they burnt the review, but the umpire missed that plumb LBW. Basically Stokes has the Midas Touch when it comes to getting luck in close games.

My fucking god. Ben Stokes!!!

Possibly the two greatest test innings of all time in the same situation in six months.