When was AGOT published hardcover with Jon Snow on the cover?

Daendrew

3 hours ago, Daendrew said:

I am looking to buy the hardcover version of A Game of Thrones with Jon Snow on the cover. What year was that published in?

It is this one

I ordered a 2002 printing but it had the blue sword cover and not Jon Snow.

It was published in 2002 and it's hard to find, especially in good condition (with the 1st print number line). There were up to 3 or 4 reprints of this second edition. I wouldn't order a book without verifying the cover or the print line. Publishers may use the same setting of type (so the year won't change), and change the print line and dust jacket art. This edition sells for anywhere between $400-$600+ for a fine 1st print copy.

2 hours ago, becca69 said:

It was published in 2002 and it's hard to find, especially in good condition (with the 1st print number line). There were up to 3 or 4 reprints of this second edition. I wouldn't order a book without verifying the cover or the print line. Publishers may use the same setting of type (so the year won't change), and change the print line and dust jacket art. This edition sells for anywhere between $400-$600+ for a fine 1st print copy.

Wow. I was not expecting it costing more than the first printing would cost!!

They are selling a signed 1st printing for $500 on ebay. But I already spent 8k on ASOIAF this year, I am tapped out.

Archived