The Temple of Azor Ahai?

Davjos

I am rereading ACOK on holidays and one thing in the introduction of Azor Ahai by Salladhor Saan stood out to me. Davos 

“It was a time when darkness lay heavy on the world. To oppose it, the hero must have a hero's blade, oh, like none that had ever been. And so for thirty days and thirty nights Azor Ahai labored sleepless in the temple, forging a blade in the sacred fires. Heat and hammer and fold, heat and hammer and fold, oh, yes, until the sword was done. Yet when he plunged it into water to temper the steel it burst asunder.”
Davos I ACOK

Is there any significance to this temple and any suggestions as to what or for which god(s) this temple could be. The Long Night precedes the faith of the seven IIRC and the Old Gods had no temples. Perhaps it is a hint that this all occurred on Essos, or perhaps it is just because the narrator is unrealisable and Essosi. The only location I could think of for this in Westeros is the Isle of Faces or something no longer existing such as what was on a significant location along where the Wall was built (building where the Night Fort now stands for instance). Thanks for any ideas!

edit: sorry for the ugly white formatting am on my phone. 

The AA story is just a big metaphor. The labouring is sex/conception/pregnancy, the failed attempts are stillbirths, the temple/fires are the womb.

Dany will have two failed pregnancies, one by water and one by a lion. The third pregnancy will be successful, the father of that one obvious.

11 hours ago, Davjos said:

I am rereading ACOK on holidays and one thing in the introduction of Azor Ahai by Salladhor Saan stood out to me. Davos 

“It was a time when darkness lay heavy on the world. To oppose it, the hero must have a hero's blade, oh, like none that had ever been. And so for thirty days and thirty nights Azor Ahai labored sleepless in the temple, forging a blade in the sacred fires. Heat and hammer and fold, heat and hammer and fold, oh, yes, until the sword was done. Yet when he plunged it into water to temper the steel it burst asunder.”
Davos I ACOK

Is there any significance to this temple and any suggestions as to what or for which god(s) this temple could be. The Long Night precedes the faith of the seven IIRC and the Old Gods had no temples. Perhaps it is a hint that this all occurred on Essos, or perhaps it is just because the narrator is unrealisable and Essosi. The only location I could think of for this in Westeros is the Isle of Faces or something no longer existing such as what was on a significant location along where the Wall was built (building where the Night Fort now stands for instance). Thanks for any ideas!

edit: sorry for the ugly white formatting am on my phone. 

Why is it that the records in Westeros do not mention Azor Ahai?  Why is it that the Red God is not worshiped in Westeros?  I believe the answer is because Azor Ahai never came to Westeros.  What he did, he did in Essos.  Temple is a building used for religious purposes.  AA was most probably a religious leader for R'hllor.

The Temple of Azor Ahai is (mature audience only):

Spoiler

A vagina!

Heat = A Targaryen male body-part in heat

Hammer = that body-part doing some hammering

Fold = the body folds/relieves itself during a climax

OH YES!

Azor Ahai is a surname name for the Targaryen family tree.

Azor Ahai reborn is every Targaryen reborn.

The last Azor Ahai reborn will make Lightbringer (the conception of children) by using his wife Nissa Nissa's egg/DNA ... as long as the Targaryen DNA DOES NOT mix with Water DNA, and Lion DNA.

For the Jon Dawn fans:

“It was a time when darkness lay heavy on the world. To oppose it, the hero must have a hero's blade, oh, like none that had ever been. And so for thirty days and thirty nights Azor Ahai labored sleepless in the temple, forging a blade in the sacred fires. Heat and hammer and fold, heat and hammer and fold, oh, yes, until the sword was done. Yet when he plunged it into water to temper the steel it burst asunder.”
Davos I ACOK

LIGHTBRINGER = LIKE NONE THAT HAVE EVER BEEN

Sorry Dawn fans ... we have already seen the likes of Dawn.
And there is no way in seven hells that Jon Snow saves the world from a zombie apocalypse by swinging Dawn at a million zombies. I trust GRRM to be more creative than that.

Archived