Saddest chapters in ASOIAF

LHakaLH

1 minute ago, R2D said:

She makes an assumption that Margaery is more impacted by the death than Loras, as she offers no condolences to Loras, an understandable assumption to make, but an assumption nonetheless. Loras not being able to mourn publicly and having to watch people offer their sympathies to Margaery is because of homophobia, which Sansa's unknowing remarks contribute to .

Okay, I agree with that.

1 minute ago, R2D said:

Loras not being able to mourn publicly and having to watch people offer their sympathies to Margaery is because of homophobia, which Sansa's unknowing remarks contribute to .

This I don't agree with. Loras is very much able to mourn Renly and he does do that. Offering sympathies to the widow instead of the dead husband's secret lover is totally OK. If the upset secret lover would have been a woman what would you call it then? Society is phobic towards the feelings of mistresses?

Not everything negative towards gay people is homophobia. If a gay guy slips on ice then the weather is not homophobic. The term homophobia should not be used so lightly. Oxford dictionary says that homophobia is "a strong dislike and fear of homosexual people". If every little misunderstanding is homophobia then life is homophobic.

1 minute ago, miyuki said:

Okay, I agree with that.

This I don't agree with. Loras is very much able to mourn Renly and he does do that. Offering sympathies to the widow instead of the dead husband's secret lover is totally OK. If the upset secret lover would have been a woman what would you call it then? Society is phobic towards the feelings of mistresses?

Not everything negative towards gay people is homophobia. If a gay guy slips on ice then the weather is not homophobic. The term homophobia should not be used so lightly. Oxford dictionary says that homophobia is "a strong dislike and fear of homosexual people". If every little misunderstanding is homophobia then life is homophobic.

Ok, we can't agree on everything so I'm leaving it. Sorry about my insulting remarks before.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/23/2019 at 10:16 AM, R2D said:

She makes an assumption that Margaery is more impacted by the death than Loras, as she offers no condolences to Loras, an understandable assumption to make, but an assumption nonetheless. Loras not being able to mourn publicly and having to watch people offer their sympathies to Margaery is because of homophobia, which Sansa's unknowing remarks contribute to .

It's a good assumption to make seeing as Margaery was Renly's wife and Loras just a brother-in-law and bodyguard. Spouses tend to have a closer bond than brothers-in-law

I completely disagree. Sansa is not contributing to any homophobia. Loras is not able to mourn publicly because he and Renly were having a secret relationship while Renly was married....to Loras' sister. It's a scandalous situation but not homophobic.

Archived