Football: same old, same old

A Horse Named Stranger

13 minutes ago, Mme Erzulie said:

Nothing from our resident gooners on a rather impressive 0-3 away victory over Eintracht Frankfurt?

Goals by starlets Willock and Saka?

Saka was exciting, Willock was solid and Emi Martinez played really well. Other than that, they were fine. Gave up 26 shots, which I guess is better than 31 by Watford and were lucky to keep a clean sheet. If Frankfurt had the front line from last season, would have been bad.

^^ I don’t know about the other more knowledgeable supporters but I’m still fuming about the pack of donuts that we have in central defense. I knew they should have kept Monreal for one more season. 

Also, why isn’t Torreira starting?

4 minutes ago, Teng Ai Hui said:

^^ I don’t know about the other more knowledgeable supporters but I’m still fuming about the pack of donuts that we have in central defense. I knew they should have kept Monreal for one more season. 

Also, why isn’t Torreira starting?

Emery doesn't like that he's short (not sure if this is true but feels true given his preferences). The CBs do suck but the issue for me is the poor positioning of the midfield and the inability to win the ball back or control the ball when pressured which allows the opposing team to run at the CBs constantly and in space.

I see that Wolves lost at home to Braga. The season is starting to get into shambolic territory for Wolves. I thought they would struggle to contend with European games but I didn't expect them to be struggling this much.

Also remain bitterly disappointed that we didn't get a group of Wolves, Wolfsburg and Wolfsberger. 

For what it's worth, from the highlights it looked like they were pretty unlucky to not get at least a couple of goals and the win. Cutrone squandered at least two huge chances, and Jimenez had a couple of look-ins as well. Will definitely be interesting to see if they're able to turn it around over the coming weeks. 

RIght now football is still awesome. Yes, I am still a bit high from the derby win on monday. First time we manage to beat the fucking orcs at home in almost 60 years. :D

To throw a token to the Norwegian football fan within you. Mats was awesome again.

That was a shambolic performance from Watford. Really even 8-0 is flattering to them. This could have ended 12 or 13 nil and the worst part is that it wasn't even one of those games where you could say that City were sensational. It was more a case of the Watford players simply not bothering to mark anyone at corners or tracking runners and allowing players acres of space to put in crosses. 

Archived