The Wheel of Time TV Show 3: Fan expectations are heavier than a mountain, success is lighter than a feather [BOOK SPOILERS]

Corvinus85

I like it! I think he's a little pretty, but I'm sure in costume/makeup I'll be sold.

A little disappointed that this was the only news for #WoTWednesday though. Doesn't filming start this month? Would love to see one or two shots of, say, Trolloc prosthetics or a set or something, I dunno, really just one casting announcement feels like a bit of a letdown. Guess I'm just being greedy/impatient!

3 hours ago, Liffguard said:

Use make-up and costuming to age him up and weather him a bit, and I can definitely see that guy as Lan. He definitely seems to have the chiselled looks and intensity required.

This, just make him look like he's likely to in 5-10 years, and perfect.

Has he got any sword or dance training in his past? He'll need to flow through the forms with perfection

1 hour ago, Which Tyler said:

Far far better to train him up so you cannshow his face, and I deed his physique - otherwise they're going to want even more CGI

Nope. It isn't that hard to face swap. Arya was face swapped on that scene with Brianne, for instance.

Given the level of sword fighting skill we need from Lan, a face swapped stunt double for the truly complex stuff, and some training for the more basic stuff is probably how they'll go.

1 hour ago, Werthead said:

Nice article, Wert. Congrats

BTW, do we expect Elaida, Morgase and/or Amyrlin (probably extended to Verin and Liandrin) to appear in Season 1. One of the episodes are supposedly called "The Flame of Tar Valon" 

4 hours ago, fionwe1987 said:

Congrats Wert. Nice write-up. Are we gonna see stuff for the other actors too?

As.for the Iron Throne pic... It's a fun crossover, isn't it. Which WoT character would sit on the Iron Throne? I think Egwene, without a doubt. What does everyone else think?

A friend of mine once told me that ASOIAF is actually just one Age in the entire scheme of WoT things.

As for the Throne, I would bet on Elayne. 

Archived