Corvinus

The Wheel of Time TV Show 3: Fan expectations are heavier than a mountain, success is lighter than a feather [BOOK SPOILERS]

11 minutes ago, Myrddin said:

Daniel is spot on, looks wise. He's 6'2" too, so the height patrol will be happy. 

Same height as the kid they got for Rand. So good choice in that regard.

Thank the spokes on the Wheel that K-pop star was a red herring. I like this...  Wouldn't be my first choice, but certainly a solid one.

Ha. Definitely a better pic for Lan. He needs some makeup, I'm sure, but he fits. He and Marcus Rutherford need to bulk up now. Is there enough time, though?

I like it! I think he's a little pretty, but I'm sure in costume/makeup I'll be sold.

A little disappointed that this was the only news for #WoTWednesday though. Doesn't filming start this month? Would love to see one or two shots of, say, Trolloc prosthetics or a set or something, I dunno, really just one casting announcement feels like a bit of a letdown. Guess I'm just being greedy/impatient!

His shoulders look so broad in that photo Myrddin posted, I'm absolutely on board

Use make-up and costuming to age him up and weather him a bit, and I can definitely see that guy as Lan. He definitely seems to have the chiselled looks and intensity required.

I can definitely see Daniel Henney breaking away from the group to calmly deal with the myrddraal.  Great casting choice.

3 hours ago, Liffguard said:

Use make-up and costuming to age him up and weather him a bit, and I can definitely see that guy as Lan. He definitely seems to have the chiselled looks and intensity required.

This, just make him look like he's likely to in 5-10 years, and perfect.

Has he got any sword or dance training in his past? He'll need to flow through the forms with perfection

2 hours ago, Which Tyler said:

Has he got any sword or dance training in his past? He'll need to flow through the forms with perfection

Stunt double if needed? :dunno: 

Far far better to train him up so you cannshow his face, and I deed his physique - otherwise they're going to want even more CGI

1 hour ago, Which Tyler said:

Far far better to train him up so you cannshow his face, and I deed his physique - otherwise they're going to want even more CGI

Nope. It isn't that hard to face swap. Arya was face swapped on that scene with Brianne, for instance.

Given the level of sword fighting skill we need from Lan, a face swapped stunt double for the truly complex stuff, and some training for the more basic stuff is probably how they'll go.

Congrats, Wert! Now you just need a photo of yourself wielding Callandor instead of sitting on the Iron Throne.

1 hour ago, Werthead said:

Nice article, Wert. Congrats

BTW, do we expect Elaida, Morgase and/or Amyrlin (probably extended to Verin and Liandrin) to appear in Season 1. One of the episodes are supposedly called "The Flame of Tar Valon" 

Congrats on the new gig.  Some good information.  I did have to laugh at one typo though.    "...Henney spoke no Korean. He had to line his learns phonetically...".

Congrats, Wert! I love that your avatar pic on Dragonmount is you sitting on the Iron Throne. :laugh:

Congrats Wert. Nice write-up. Are we gonna see stuff for the other actors too?

As.for the Iron Throne pic... It's a fun crossover, isn't it. Which WoT character would sit on the Iron Throne? I think Egwene, without a doubt. What does everyone else think?

4 hours ago, fionwe1987 said:

Congrats Wert. Nice write-up. Are we gonna see stuff for the other actors too?

As.for the Iron Throne pic... It's a fun crossover, isn't it. Which WoT character would sit on the Iron Throne? I think Egwene, without a doubt. What does everyone else think?

A friend of mine once told me that ASOIAF is actually just one Age in the entire scheme of WoT things.

As for the Throne, I would bet on Elayne. 

Given how sexist and patriarchal Westeros is, realistically someone like Pedron Niall probably would have the best shot. Unless the Forsaken get to use Compulsion, then it's obviously them.