Robb/margaery pairing?

Mrstrategy

It was never going to happen. Renly and Loras were already scheming to make Margaery a queen before Robert was killed. After Robert was killed Robb need to pas through the Twins so he agreed to wed a daughter of House Frey. He was not contemplating becoming a king at that time. Then Robb broke that vow for love of Jeyne Westerling. 

Never would happen, Tyrell did not want her to be queen of the North, he wanted her to be queen of Westeros.

Besides:

Lord Redwyne laughed. "What is there north of the Neck that any sane man would want? If Greyjoy will trade swords and sails for stone and snow, I say do it, and count ourselves lucky."

"Truly," agreed Mace Tyrell.

11 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

It was never going to happen. Renly and Loras were already scheming to make Margaery a queen before Robert was killed. After Robert was killed Robb need to pas through the Twins so he agreed to wed a daughter of House Frey. He was not contemplating becoming a king at that time. Then Robb broke that vow for love of Jeyne Westerling. 

It actually kinda bugs me sometimes; if they were trying to make Margaery queen, did Renly know of the Lannincest and tried to usurp anyways? Did he honestly think that Robert would divorce Cersei with no contingency plan for what Tywin would do if his daughter was set aside? In all the histories of the Iron Throne, only one divorce has happened, and said king was Baelor the Blessed. Tywin could easily default on all the money paid to the Crown if Cersei was set aside. 

And the big kicker: where would Margaery’s children with Robert sit in the line of succession? Renly could have seriously caused a second Dance of the Dragons by this scheme alone.

16 hours ago, Mrstrategy said:

How realistic is the pairing of robb/margaery Tyrrell  since some people said it's realistic and some people said it's not?

If you are talking about still-maiden Margaery Tyrell, then as others have said, not very realistic because House Tyrell wanted her to be a queen and Robb is just a lord at this point.

After she became Queen Margaery to King Renly, then we would need a different scenario for Renly's death. As it happened, the Tyrells had every reason to believe that this was a conspiracy between Stannis, Robb Stark and Selwyn Tarth. How else to explain that only Catelyn Stark and Brienne of Tarth were with Renly when he died, and they fled immediately after?

So either way, the probability for Robb-Margaery was near zero right up to the moment Robb died.

Robb is his father's son (in all aspects) and Marg is her Grandmother's/Father's pupil. Robb was destined to be in the North, Marg in the heart of chivalry, faith of the seven, and everything Andal.

Makes good for fanfiction but was never going to happen.

Also a part of me says Cat would dislike Marg but Cat dislikes a lot of people.

3 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

I don't see the Tyrells aligning themselves with the North for any reason. They're too pragmatic for that.

Given the North's relations with three of the other houses (Tully and Arryn by Blood, recent Baratheon ties) there could be pragmatism.

25 minutes ago, nyser1 said:

Given the North's relations with three of the other houses (Tully and Arryn by Blood, recent Baratheon ties) there could be pragmatism.

Besides heir of the North, Robb was also third in line to Riverrun. After the royal princes he was the best match in the realm.

Just now, Lord Lannister said:

Two out of three of those relationships died with Robert and Jon.

Robert Arryn is still Robb's cousin though.

30 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

Who is still at Lysa's tit. She's the one calling the shots and she's in Littlefingers pocket.

But that wasn't something they knew was it?? 

About the pairing, if we were talking in a scenario where Robert and Ned never die and Joffrey and Sansa peacefully succeed him, i can see it happening, Robb was one of the most eligible bachelors but in the events of the series, it was impossible, Margaerys was going to be Queen of the 7K or nothing.

1 hour ago, Arthur Peres said:

Besides heir of the North, Robb was also third in line to Riverrun. After the royal princes he was the best match in the realm.

Robert Arryn is still Robb's cousin though.

This. Also, their is apparently a connection between the Royces and Starks, not to mention Yohn's friendship with Ned.

Lysa might be in Baelish's pocket, but Baelish has the political savvy to protect his own neck. Hints of a Reach & Tully/Stark/possibly even part of Vale alliance will have him singing different tunes. After all, Lysa is one of the chief spokespeople for team "I Hate the Lannisters"

1 hour ago, frenin said:

But that wasn't something they knew was it?? 

They learned it after Blackwater when LF openly told the small council.

Tyrion pushed off his cushions, bristling, but his father spoke before he could lash back. “I have other tasks in mind for Tyrion. I believe Lord Petyr may hold the key to the Eyrie.”

“Oh, I do,” said Littleflnger, “I have it here between my legs.” There was mischief in his grey-green eyes. “My lords, with your leave, I propose to travel to the Vale and there woo and win Lady Lysa Arryn. Once I am her consort, I shall deliver you the Vale of Arryn without a drop of blood being spilled.”

Lord Rowan looked doubtful. “Would Lady Lysa have you?”

“She’s had me a few times before, Lord Mathis, and voiced no complaints.”

On 9/5/2019 at 8:45 AM, Angel Eyes said:

It actually kinda bugs me sometimes; if they were trying to make Margaery queen, did Renly know of the Lannincest and tried to usurp anyways? Did he honestly think that Robert would divorce Cersei with no contingency plan for what Tywin would do if his daughter was set aside? In all the histories of the Iron Throne, only one divorce has happened, and said king was Baelor the Blessed.

If Renly does know and plans on revealing the incest, his plan makes far more sense.

Tywin could easily default on all the money paid to the Crown if Cersei was set aside. 

And the big kicker: where would Margaery’s children with Robert sit in the line of succession? Renly could have seriously caused a second Dance of the Dragons by this scheme alone.

No, a borrower defaults, a lender can refuse to lend more or possibly demand prompt repayment. The latter would be difficult to pull off against your own hostile king. If the Tyrells are allied to the throne, Robert can borrow from them instead of the Lannisters.

10 hours ago, FictionIsntReal said:

If Renly does know and plans on revealing the incest, his plan makes far more sense.

And yet, assuming that he did know about the incest, he doesn’t ever seem to use that information, even when it would suit his purposes. He treats it as insignificant, especially around Stannis, who is staking his entire claim around the legal loophole. Renly doesn’t care about legal, just that he has force and might on his side. That’s true, of course, but it makes him deeply wrong-headed and shortsighted as a result.

14 hours ago, James Steller said:

And yet, assuming that he did know about the incest, he doesn’t ever seem to use that information, even when it would suit his purposes. He treats it as insignificant, especially around Stannis, who is staking his entire claim around the legal loophole. Renly doesn’t care about legal, just that he has force and might on his side. That’s true, of course, but it makes him deeply wrong-headed and shortsighted as a result.

The information would be useful for him to reveal to Robert, but things change once Robert's dead. It gives Renly no advantage at all over Stannis' claim, which is itself predicated on Joffrey being a bastard.

14 minutes ago, FictionIsntReal said:

The information would be useful for him to reveal to Robert, but things change once Robert's dead. It gives Renly no advantage at all over Stannis' claim, which is itself predicated on Joffrey being a bastard.

You would think that Renly would have told Robert about it if he knew. This isn’t Stannis we’re talking about. On the surface, Renly stands to gain nothing from Robert’s children being revealed as bastards because Stannis is older and the presumptive heir in that case. Plus, Robert and Renly got along, unlike with Stannis. So Renly hiding that information - assuming he did know - is a ludicrous decision, and is out of character. He isn’t shrewd and pragmatic like Stannis or burdened with a sense of honour like Ned, he would have told Robert if he knew that his children weren’t legitimate.

Archived