DCEU: Killer Clowns from Gotham City

GallowKnight

Trailer looks good. But then Suicide Squad's trailer was good, and the movie was apparently recut by the trailer company.. and that was one of the worst movie's I've ever seen. This certainly is hopefully better than that. If it is even slightly coherent then it's an improvement.

2 hours ago, Raja said:

Honestly no idea about what the movie is based on, but this looks promising & different, which I'm *all* for.

Same here, i like the look of this. The way Margot Robbie talked about it in one of her interviews was interesting too and she sounded like it will make use of the unreliable narrator

5 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Oof, the problem is if you know the source material...let’s just say that’s uh, not faithful. At all. Like, Starship Troopers level not faithful. 

So a fantastic movie then?  Oh wait you probably want it to be faithful to a shittily written comic.  Seems smart.

Ok, forum being weird.

yeah I guess that’s not the best example but you have to admit Starship Troopers the film has almost nothing to do with the book. Hell if I remember right it wasn’t even written as Starship Troopers abd Berhoven said he never finished the book cause it sucked.

my point being if you went into it liking the book well...

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, polishgenius said:

So, yeah, it's not subtle, it's not deep, and it's not really a Birds of Prey movie, but it's very good fun. Kind of like a super(anti)heroic Snatch. Action is very well done too.

I'm not entirely sure that I knew it was released yet.  :dunno: 

11 hours ago, Rhom said:

I'm not entirely sure that I knew it was released yet.  :dunno: 

This seems to be the case for a few people and hell I only realised a week ago and I was waiting for it. Which may have something to do with why initial tracking for its opening weekend is below expectations though hopefully those are pessimistic. 

It really is a fun film. Probably most won't quite agree with me, but I enjoyed it more than the first Deadpool (maybe not more than the second not sure). Margot Robbie is a force of nature.

It does feel like it's appeared out of nowhere. I do feel like irrespective of the name change and writer/director the film will suffer because of suicide squad. Which is a shame because margot Robbie was a highlight of suicide squad but in turn makes it impossible to avoid the association when the film is clearly about that character.

I've been wary of the overly positive reviews and the general consensus seems to be that it's ok and much more fun when the birds of prey act as a team. That and standard "average/weak villain" but that's almost to be expected in today's films.

Think I'll wait and see at home unless i have some unexpected spare cash and time on my hands.

I enjoyed it. Fun flick, the cast seemed genuinely to be enjoying themselves. Not some fantastic genre defining film (although is it the first female ensemble superhero film? Too lazy to check, but if so hats off for that) but still a very satisfying film to watch.

Been watching some cast interviews and I didnt realise suicde squad 2 was still on. Robbie is currently filming for that

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

and I didnt realise suicde squad 2 was still on.

Yeah, but with James Gunn in and a mostly new roster. Will be interesting. 

There were also plans for Gotham City Sirens but those may now be waiting on the SS2 performance before being greenlit if BoP underperforms as the tracking is saying. Also if they do it they'd better boot Ayer as the director (honestly I'd be totally on board with Cathy Yan getting it, because ultimately BoP was far closer in tone and attitude to a GCS story than a proper BoP one even without the characters).

Archived