GallowKnight

DCEU: Killer Clowns from Gotham City

I saw it today. Definitely cemented me as more of a Mary Elizabeth Winstead guy over Margot Robbie, but half way through the movie I was hoping for more Birds of Prey and less Harley. 

Enjoyed it for the most part, it was fun, yet already a little bit forgettable. 

I don't know.

43 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

I saw it today. Definitely cemented me as more of a Mary Elizabeth Winstead guy over Margot Robbie, but half way through the movie I was hoping for more Birds of Prey and less Harley. 

I don't know.

It's not a Birds of Prey film.  It's a Harley Quinn film that happens to have some of the Birds of Prey in it.

Just FYI: the subtitle of this thread works perfectly set to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles theme song.

I had to suffer, and now you do. 

15 hours ago, JEORDHl said:

I don't know.

I've always thought MEW is horribly underrated. I know for horror fans, the Thing "sequel" she starred in is a blasphemy, but I found it, largely due to her, to be pretty, pretty good.

I enjoyed it but wouldn't say its great or anything, it's about the level of Deadpool 2.  Some things that stood out:

- Obi Wan is great as Black Mask.  Just nutty.  Similarly Zsasz was also great in a creepy way.  Loved how he was jealous of anyone or anything taking Black Mask's attention that wasn't him.

- Every scene with Huntress had absolute incredible comic timing.  Very well done.

- Montoya was...... not good.  Admittedly I'm not a Rosie Perez fan but she's terrible and mostly pointless in the movie.

- Very odd that in none of the movie do they even remotely worry that Batman is going to show up.  I guess he doesn't cover the East Side.

- Probably would have enjoyed it more but the cartoon that's running now is far superior.

On 2/8/2020 at 6:08 PM, Darth Richard II said:

I cant stand Robbie. Her accent drives me bonkers. Watch the much better animated Harry Quinn series instead. It's gold.

Can you imagine if as kids in the days of Super Friends we turned a channel and this came on?

I love the show, one of the funniest parts for me was 

Spoiler

Harley calling Damian Robin a "little shit".

I saw Birds of Prey. I wouldn't say it was necessarily anything special, but it was good fun and definitely a big improvement on the likes of Suicide Squad and Justice League.

The cast seemed to be having fun with their roles. Harley was the most memorable of the main characters, but I also liked Mary Elizabeth Winstead as the Huntress. Montoya was a bit dull, however, even the film points out that she's mostly a collection of cop movie cliches. Ewan MacGregor seemed to enjoy chewing the scenery as the main villain, I wouldn't say he's the most memorable of villains but at the least the final confrontation with him was refreshingly CGI-free for a superhero movie.