Video Games: Gears of Borderlands

Werthead

41 minutes ago, Inkdaub said:

How important is the big armor suit?  Can you just ignore it and then grab it for anything too heavy?  Can you ignore it completely?

Edit 2: I think you’re talking about Power Armor. 

I consider it a must for large scale assaults in Survival Mode. For all of FO4s faults they did make deaths in survival mode fairly realistic. Even at level 40 if I’m hit by a rocket, or step on a landmine, I will die. 

So for tough opponents Power Armor is extremely useful. I keep a full set at my current forward base. Best to have at least 4 extra fusion cores when you bring it out though. Don’t want to run out of energy.

Edit 3: Initial post and first edit edited because of my own slow uptake. 

20 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Yes......No........Maybe....... Can you repeat the question?

Currently playing survival, which for all of Fallout 4’s many faults, does make death kinda realistic. Even at level 40, if I step on a mine or get hit by a rocket, I’m gonna die no matter the armor. (which is a bitch after 2 hours of gameplay and I’m headed back to base to save)

Better armor does help with bullets though. 

Edit: Wait, are you taking about Power Armor? Yeah, they’re extremely useful. They significantly reduce incoming damage. I keep a set in top shape at my current forward base, and use it for any hard assaults. (Minimum 4 extra Fusion Cores in reserve, just in case)

Yeah that's it.  I haven't played in a while and couldn't remember the name.  I haven't progressed very far at all so maybe I just need to get used to it.  I just find it really clunky and would want to minimize my time in it is all.  I sometimes feel like starting that game up again.  Like now after reading your post.  I have no memory of why I stopped playing it when I first got it.  

5 minutes ago, Inkdaub said:

Yeah that's it.  I haven't played in a while and couldn't remember the name.  I haven't progressed very far at all so maybe I just need to get used to it.  I just find it really clunky and would want to minimize my time in it is all.  I sometimes feel like starting that game up again.  Like now after reading your post.  I have no memory of why I stopped playing it when I first got it.  

Damm! You quoted before edit 3. 

I blame myself. 

I had 2 messages in the last couple of months on my Playstation account from bot-loooking accounts asking if I want to buy hacked accounts or cheap games from hacked accounts. Has anyone else had these kind of messages? I reported them and blocked the user. I wonder if this is an increasing phenomena as this kind of thing has never happen to me in the past.

3 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

I had 2 messages in the last couple of months on my Playstation account from bot-loooking accounts asking if I want to buy hacked accounts or cheap games from hacked accounts. Has anyone else had these kind of messages? I reported them and blocked the user. I wonder if this is an increasing phenomena as this kind of thing has never happen to me in the past.

I’ve gotten a couple as well.  :dunno: 

Xbox1 X.  Worth it?  I mostly prefer turn based strategy games but will enjoy things like Darksouls, Mass Effect, Skyrim, GTA etc.  Typically play on my PC but intrigued by 4k potential.

Im assuming a new console would be a lot less work than upgrading my case video card power supply etc.

With a hypothetical $1k budget for hardware where is the best bang for your buck these days?

29 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

Xbox1 X.  Worth it?  I mostly prefer turn based strategy games but will enjoy things like Darksouls, Mass Effect, Skyrim, GTA etc.  Typically play on my PC but intrigued by 4k potential.

Im assuming a new console would be a lot less work than upgrading my case video card power supply etc.

With a hypothetical $1k budget for hardware where is the best bang for your buck these days?

Wait a year till the PS5 and whatever Microsoft wants to call its brick come out.

48 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

This is advice from someone who only has a Switch, but if you don't want to wait for the next generation, it seems that the PS4 is the better draw over the XBox. You get all the games you can get on XBox and PC plus some great looking exclusives.

My thought is that if you really care about 4k/HDR games, the 1X is the best. But I suspect you shouldn't care that much, and it's definitely not worth it to get something now when Scarlett is coming out soon (tm).

Also, Scarlett will have backcompat with every single Xbox One game, IIRC. I don't know the story about that with PS4/5, but that alone should make it a no-brainer to wait a while.

1 hour ago, mcbigski said:

Everything on Xbox is on PC, pretty much, so I don't know why you'd basically be going for hardware redundancy. Unless you have to compete for PC time. The only reasons (IMO) to get a console is to play games you can't play on PC, or you can't afford a decent gaming PC set up. I used to only game on console because my PCs were never up to the task. Now a decent gaming PC is within my budget. I'll probably still get a PS5, eventually for the Sony exclusives. But I'm just not anticipating the next console generation the way I used to and I'm going to wait to get a PS5 until there's enough of an (non-FPS) Sony exclusive library to justify the expense, which may or may not happen.

I have no interest in Nintendo exclusives, but arguably it has the best ROI if their games are up your ally.

Anyone else try the Xbox Game Pass for PC? Whew boy, how this app is terrible. My system freezes up while it's on, games that are "free" won't load because I don't have the correct key (even though they loaded earlier the same day). Most of the games suffer from terrible frame rate. I just don't get how anyone could release something this unstable. Well, it was a buck for the first month, so not much wasted. I won't be renewing. 

17 minutes ago, Simon Steele said:

Anyone else try the Xbox Game Pass for PC? Whew boy, how this app is terrible. My system freezes up while it's on, games that are "free" won't load because I don't have the correct key (even though they loaded earlier the same day). Most of the games suffer from terrible frame rate. I just don't get how anyone could release something this unstable. Well, it was a buck for the first month, so not much wasted. I won't be renewing. 

That sucks to hear. Please do report it on the game pass app or on any other feedback - they do listen to this and it does matter.

So I’ve started playing Fallen Order, overall I quite like it, there are a few frustrating bits, like how easy it is to slide off the edge on the ice drifts and how easy it is to miss grabbing a few of the ropes, other than that it’s a decent game though, it kind of feels a bit like a more fleshed out,light side version of The Force Unleashed.

On 10/5/2019 at 12:29 AM, Conflicting Thought said:

Im so excited for Disco Elysium!! Man, i cant wait. 

Hey mate, you had a chance to play it ;) ? Definitely my favourite game this year (truth be told it was a rather mediocre year in gaming, at least in gaming where I care enough to play what comes out instead of going through Planescape again), really beautiful, yet flawed, piece of art.

6 hours ago, Simon Steele said:

The only ones I've tried are Forza Horizon 4 and Gears 5. Both are both bug-addled nightmares.

I got the xbox game pass to try The Outer Worlds. Got up to Monarch but I'm just not feeling it for some reason. Too much fighting the same kinda enemies (mauraders and those space dogs. ) The whole Elder Scrolls/Fallout 3+ gameplay loop of "go here, shoot them, get stronger" just isn't doing it for me right now for whatever reason. The writing is good though. Are there any planets with like low gravity or swarms of things to mix it up a little? 

So anyway out of curiosity I started the console port of Stellaris. They did a great job with the interface but it's an older version of the base game so it took some getting used to. I want to get to the endgame and see how it runs, but I suspect they may have put in some restrictions to keep it from chugging. Like I'm almost 400 years in on the default settings and to my knowledge there have been no wars at all. Just pirates and cults. I was playing nice but I may just have to start a war just to mix things up. I haven't even seen a fallen empire. 

12 hours ago, Simon Steele said:

I'm using it to play Outer Worlds and I haven't really noticed any glaring issues. The UI is pretty godawful and some free games don't show up properly but it runs fine and it hasn't crashed at all. Definitely not a patch on Steam but if you're gaming on a budget it might be a good option if it gets fixed up and the UI issues get resolved in the future.

Archived