If You Could Only Have Five Meals For The Rest Of Your Life......

Mr. Chatywin et al.

...... what would they be? Keep in mind this is only including food, so don't worry about drinks, and you're not allowed to use meals that include more than just a few things. They have to be something you could reasonably get at a restaurant. Also keep in mind that you'll need to balance out the naughty meals with healthier ones and consider what kind of food you want based on time of day. Okay, with that said, let's go:

1. My first meal would be my breakfast everyday, so it would be French toast, eggs, bacon and sausages. Not the healthiest of meals, but at least there's a lot of protein, and I don't have to always eat the worst stuff.
  2. Meal number two needs to be the healthy meal that can be eaten at lunch or dinner, so chicken Caesar salad, come on down. I'd probably have to go with Romaine lettuce, croutons, grilled chicken breasts, bacon bits and a light amount of standard dressing. Maybe add a little spinach to it to make even healthier.
  3. Meal three is my go to meal when I have no idea what I want: chicken fajitas, served restaurant style. I love the smell of the chicken, peppers and onions on that hot grill they bring out, and it can be loaded up with beans, rice, pico, avocado and cheese. And keep the margaritas coming! 
  4. For number four, the main course, filet mignon with steak fries and broccoli, done medium rare. I maintain that no meal is better than a perfectly cooked steak, and it just so happens I'm having this one on Sunday. *licks lips*
  5. My last choice belongs on just about anyone's list: pizza, served New York style (you Chicago style lovers can go straight to the deepest depths of hell!!!). The only question is do I go plain cheese or add pepperoni and real sausage? 

I think that list rounds out fairly well without leaving me to gain 100 pounds. Anyways, I heard this game on the radio and it was pretty funny to hear the hosts struggle. The even funnier game they tried was only being allowed to have five condiments for the rest of their lives, but they'd get to shoot them out of their finger tips on one hand.

I'm cheating, giving myself options, don't need to eat everything on the menu each meal :P 

I'd be dead in a month if I ate all that everyday...but what a way to go!

Breakfast:

Bowl of cereal.

Jimmy Dean Delights Egg'Wich (seriously if you have not tried these they are fucking delicious!)

Jimmy Dean Biscuit and Sausage Gravy Breakfast Bowl.

Thomas' English Muffin with melted butter and jelly.

Mandarin or Cutie orange.

Lunch:

Chilled cracked crab claws with honey dijon dipping sauce.

Tuna salad: Tuna fish prepared with mayonnaise, chopped celery, and a squirt of lemon juice on a bed of a Fresh mix of greens (Iceberg, Romaine, Spinach), radicchio, baby (or baby cut) carrots, sliced red onions, sliced cucumber, chopped apple (Jonathan, New Zealand, Idared, or Granny Smith), hard boiled egg, and topped with a Pomegranate vinaigrette.

Tyson crispy chicken strips with Ken's Steakhouse honey mustard dressing.

Whole apple (Jonathan, New Zealand, Idared, or Granny Smith)

Fresh watermelon.

Dinner #1:

Pasta Forno (baked ziti): ziti pasta baked like lasagna with meat sauce (ground beef, peas, tomato sauce) mozzarella cheese.

Arancini: Italian rice balls - ground beef, peas, mozzarella center, surrounded by rice, basted with an eggwash and covered with bread crumbs and deep fried. 

Braciole: meat dish sliced beef or pork surrounding hard boiled eggs and peas in marinara sauce with potatoes and caramelized onions.

Steamed broccoli.

Steamed spinach.

Italian Ice.

Dinner #2:

Won ton soup.

egg roll

spring roll

shrimp toast

Chinese spare ribs

chicken and pork fried rice

chicken and pork lo mein

beef and mixed Chinese vegetables

Dinner #3:

Cream of crab soup

deviled eggs

Sliced turkey with gravy, stuffing, and cranberry sauce

honey glazed ham.

mac and cheese

mashed potatoes

peas

sweet corn or corn on the cob

steamed brussel sprouts, cauliflower, and carrots

corn bread

Sapphire grapes. 

Mandarin or Cutie oranges

Fresh Watermelon.

New York Cheesecake.

Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, and baked chicken.

A bacon cheeseburger (Just had a delicious one of these at a drive-in on vacation in Long Beach, WA.

Pizza, a meat-lovers. 

Ham and cheese on white. I already eat this every day for lunch.

Some sort of pasta dish. Likely rigatoni with chicken and herbs. I don't eat many burgers or pizza lately because I'm attacking my weight problem, but I would not want to lose those options.

Assuming cost and scarcity of resources and carbon costs aren't relevant

1.  Tacos al pastor

2.  Yellowtail (seared or sashimi) pickled veggies, and grilled corn.

3.  Weed chocolate chip cookies and milk

4.  Tritip and grilled garden vegetables, fresh salad

5.  The livers, hearts, and lungs of my vanquished enemies.l

Breakfast: Shredded wheat w/ blueberries and Cherry cider

Lunch: chop salads (lettuce free) with crunchie veggies like cabbage, kale, carrot, radish with dark greens like spinach.Toppings egg, chicken, snflwer seeds, stringcheese, tomato and Italian or vinaigrette. And a pear.

Dinner:Monday, Wednesday and Fri.

Black bean and chicken chilli stew with loads of peppers both hot and mild, ginger, garlic , shrooms and fresh veggies.

Dinner: Tuesday and Thursday 

Salmon with Quinoa, steamed cabbage, brussels, and fresh string beans

Weekend dinners: charcoal grilled chicken breasts, steamed corn cob, white wine and trail mix.

The Lung-Eater is truly a character to be feared.

According to scripture and tradition, no flesh was more polluted than that of the Lung. Not pig. Not even dog or monkey. The Holy Sagas related the tale of Larry, an ancient prince who saved his tribal household by fleeing into the high Trump-country and bidding them to consume their monstrous foe. The Lung-Eaters, they were called, and they were damned as no soul could be short of sorcerers, witches, and whores. According to legend, the vale where they took refuge was mortally cursed. Those who sought it thinking they would find gold (for the wont of rumour is to attribute riches to the damned) were never seen again.

Despite this, despite the native revulsion and disgust, nary a word of protest was raised among the Larry men. Perhaps it was the measure of their faith. Perhaps it was simply the nature of Men to celebrate one day what they had abominated the day before, so long as their hungers were sated.

Perhaps meat was simply meat. Sustenance. Who questioned the air they breathed?

• 2 weeks later...

five meals for the rest of my life....gah...I'm almost at that point already.

Had to give up bacon and eggs. Pizza. Hamburgers and hot dogs.  Cake?  A sliver at social events. 

Mostly wraps (though some include bacon), salads, fruit, and a depressingly limited variety of soup.  And the occasional energy bar. 

Archived