Small unworthy things - as you were

BigFatCoward

Working with a dude who has schizoaffective disorder. Today I asked him how he's liking the job. He told me he was having paranoia that people were "talking crap" about him and that that was angering him. It was almost shocking to me, but I know he is mentally ill. I have not perceived the same at all. The people in the building largely seemed to be focused on their work. They don't watch us or even look at us unless we're moving around them. He told me he knows it's all in his head. 

He's been fine as a worker. Hopefully he can manage his paranoia well enough...

I can't believe nobody has mentioned that a solid gold toilet called "America", which was rejected by Donald Trump, has been stolen from Blenheim palace where visitors were given 3 minute timeslots to sit on it (it was all plumbed in and everything, but the thieves just ripped it out, causing flooding).  They haven't been caught yet.

The aristocrat associated with Blenheim Palace, apparently had said before the toilet arrived "Despite being born with a silver spoon in my mouth I have never had a shit on a golden toilet, so I look forward to it."  I can't help thinking of Tywin Lannister.  The news does not report whether he got his wish before it was stolen.

Sophie

Dammit. I have a portable washing machine in my apartment. My roommate forgot to put the drainage hose in the tub and so water got all over the floor and leaked into the ceiling downstairs. There's not a cost estimate at this time, but the landlady guessed that it will probably cost between a few hundred to a thousand, or more but she thinks this is unlikely.

I have a problem with an ingrown toenail for a while now.  Dig the thing out and it would be okay for a bit then just start down it's well trodden path into my flesh.  It started hurting far more then usual so I went to the podiatrist.  He said it would just keep happening so he would just remove that section of nail and put a chemical on it so the nail would never regrow.  We'll see about that.  Anyway this story is pretty dull but that's what I did today.

You know you're living in a crazy world when Walmart bans e-cigarettes after 7 deaths attributed to them, but continues to happily sell real cigarettes, which kill 480,000 each year - in the U.S. alone.

1 hour ago, A True Kaniggit said:

11:37 at night. And this asshole is driving with no headlights on.

(No, I’m not referring to myself in this instance, but another car. I would never commit such a heinous act on purpose)

Safety first, then teamwork. 

80% chance they are pissed. One of the first things you learn in the police. 

7 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

11:37 at night. And this asshole is driving with no headlights on.

(No, I’m not referring to myself in this instance, but another car. I would never commit such a heinous act on purpose)

Safety first, then teamwork. 

It’s even less of an excuse nowadays because most cars have the option to put the lights on auto.

3 hours ago, Triskele said:

Sort of reminds you of the "should we legalize weed" converts when alcohol causes so many problems.  

Switching gears, serious legal question:  if you run over a person but they were staring at their phone while walking across a street not at a crosswalk for like 16 feet before you hit them as if they'd never heard of cars, are you guilty of anything?  I feel like the current legal system would say yes, but I think this feels wrong.  The letter of the law versus the spirit of the law and all that.  

Another random one:  How annoying is the person who gets into their car in a spot where you're like "would love this spot" and has gone so far as to put their keys in and foot on the break where their lights are on and everything but they're still doing something and not going anywhere?  

You know what I hate as well, when you’re queuing to get fuel and the person at the pump in front of you either takes ages in the shop or they go back to their car, get in, then start messing about with their phone or whatever and take ages to move away from the pump.

Thankfully it will be a thing of the past soon I’m getting my electric car next week :commie:.

I'm at a very small airport terminal in Austin on a connection, and this thing has a patio that is basically right on the airport tarmac. It's separated from where the plane, like, hangs out by a wire fence and a couple of planters, and maybe 50-100 meters? (You walk straight from the plane into the terminal, no buses or connecting tunnels.) There's tacos and beer and this is very weirdly pleasurable. Conclusion: there should be more airports where they let you hang outdoors at tarmac-level with beer.

I have a lot of time for chilled airports, I dont want to fly from a fucking shopping centre. 

Its pissing down here. I got all my waterproofs on for my cycle to the station, got to the station relatively dry. Took my stuff off and sat down. The train leaked all over me as it went round a bend, it was like taking a shower. The smart early morning business people seemed split on whether my 'you fucking cunt' was hilarious or inappropriate behaviour. 

Archived