Small unworthy things - as you were

BigFatCoward

I have had 4 hours sleep a night for about 2 weeks, I feel like I might die.  Young children are evil.  People who have children who sleep can fuck right off, especially the 'have you tried' brigade, of course I have you fucking ballbag.

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

I have had 4 hours sleep a night for about 2 weeks, I feel like I might die.  Young children are evil.  People who have children who sleep can fuck right off, especially the 'have you tried' brigade, of course I have you fucking ballbag.

Have you tried singing? 

:P

I’m lucky so far that my 1 year old daughter (usually) sleeps well. By well I mean we usually out her down between 1930-2000, and she’ll sleep until between 0600-0730. Maybe a wee squawk in between.

Have had the sleepless nights, though, when she’s unwell/teething. When the only thing that settled her was taking her for a walk at 0400.

Felt like a strange day at work... had a final meeting with this one client who is an emotional rollercoaster. I walked out feeling like he might have had strong feelings of guilt, disappointment, and other feelings about everything. Some of the emotions/thoughts he reported during the program honestly almost shocked me. He quit the program pretty early in because of his mental health difficulties. I'd say our program would be easy for a neurotypical, able-bodied person, if that says anything. But it was too much for the client on top of his mental health problems as they were, which I say without scorn. It's sad. 

Also got started with a new person. It felt odd, maybe just because she's chatty and I worked with her closely for several hours lol.

Two stray thoughts today;

1) there is something incredibly satisfying about the easy open multipacks of Quavers in terms of design and functionality.

2) Being in a public venue (coffee shop, in this instance) during the Remembrance Sunday silence is almost eerie. This was the city centre so pretty busy as usual, loud, bustling, and without any visible cue or announcement everything just seemed to stop at once

Archived