Small unworthy things - as you were

BigFatCoward

On 1/18/2020 at 3:34 PM, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Low.  And, no.  :)

For shame, have you no loyalty to your clients?! ;) 

Serious for a second though, i do have to wonder what was running through the man’s mind. Is this just spite? Delaying tactics? Genuine delusion?

15 hours ago, Teng Ai Hui said:

My wife bought a pineapple latte at Starbucks yesterday. Gordon Ramsay needs to have a discussion with Starbucks management.

I’ve been on a bit of a kitchen nightmares binge lately and can just imagine the reaction. 

Seriously though, sounds vile. I don’t like latte anyway so would never be inclined to try it but pimeapple and coffee just sounds wrong.

I could see a hot milk drink with coconut milk and pineapple, for a pina colada taste, but the coffee? Big no from me

I just got back from Cuba after being there for two weeks. Russian tourists are now a large presence in Cuba again. I saw 2 people wearing t-shirts depicting Putin as James Bond (Sean Connery version). He was posed leaning against what seemed to be an Aston Martin. I admit it made me take a second look and yes, there was a 007 in the image also. 

I did not know whether to laugh or cry.

So, I was like eating (home made veggie lasagne if you must know), when the doorbell started to ring.

I hit the buzzer, and two young guys late teens, early twenties I would say, entered. So we were standing eye to in the hallway. I was like: "Yes?" And the first one, blonde guy six foot something wearing glasses and some black suitcoat with a whiteshirt under his yellow anorak approached me saying: "Yes, hello. We'd like to talk about the Bible. God and who has the power on Earth."

My put up a grimmer face then usual slightly tilted to the right fixating him, while he uttered those words. Thinking: you effing tossers, made me interrupt my lasagne to bother me with your bloody god.

He seemed to get the message. Maybe it was rising the anger becoming visible in my eyes, maybe his god has gifted him with the ability of mind reading. Whatever it was. His talking became a bit hesistant.  When he looked at me somewaht insecure. "If you are interested?"

What am I to do now?  Pretend to be interested and ask stupid questions about the bibles take on slavery, homosexuality and the rights of women? Tell him off like I did to some other chap as a teenager some twenty years ago - how time flies - by telling him. Dude, I am a Satanist, I sacrifice goats. Hail Satan? Nah, I am too old for that shit. The thoughts go back to my lasagne. A small amount of anger is reemerging. I point towards my face, still fixating him with my head slightly tilted, "I am trying to put this a politely as I could, I say." pointing a finger to my face. "Am I looking interested to you?"

It took him a few seconds to process the informations he just gathered. Then the evidence amounted to the same certainty with which god exists, he is not interested.

We say goodbye, and they buggered off into the cold of January afternoon. And I go back, to my by now cold Lasagne.

*based upon a true event. I hope you enjoyed reading it more than I did having this meeting.

Gwyneth Paltrow is just he worst. Such a harmful and odious person who is so nauseatingly lauded and embraced by the rich and famous. 

I didn’t realise how nauseating she was until i heard anout her vagina candle on the radio and then fell down an internet void of interlinked articles about who she is and what she has done when i looked online to see what in the hell a vagina candle was

6 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Seen this fantastical image of Mont Saint Michel in Normandy France.

Such a idyllic looking place, I did not know about it previously.

They had a time trial over the causeway to it a few years ago in the tour de france. Spectacular images. 

18 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

So, I was like eating (home made veggie lasagne if you must know), when the doorbell started to ring.

I hit the buzzer, and two young guys late teens, early twenties I would say, entered. So we were standing eye to in the hallway. I was like: "Yes?" And the first one, blonde guy six foot something wearing glasses and some black suitcoat with a whiteshirt under his yellow anorak approached me saying: "Yes, hello. We'd like to talk about the Bible. God and who has the power on Earth."

My put up a grimmer face then usual slightly tilted to the right fixating him, while he uttered those words. Thinking: you effing tossers, made me interrupt my lasagne to bother me with your bloody god.

He seemed to get the message. Maybe it was rising the anger becoming visible in my eyes, maybe his god has gifted him with the ability of mind reading. Whatever it was. His talking became a bit hesistant.  When he looked at me somewaht insecure. "If you are interested?"

What am I to do now?  Pretend to be interested and ask stupid questions about the bibles take on slavery, homosexuality and the rights of women? Tell him off like I did to some other chap as a teenager some twenty years ago - how time flies - by telling him. Dude, I am a Satanist, I sacrifice goats. Hail Satan? Nah, I am too old for that shit. The thoughts go back to my lasagne. A small amount of anger is reemerging. I point towards my face, still fixating him with my head slightly tilted, "I am trying to put this a politely as I could, I say." pointing a finger to my face. "Am I looking interested to you?"

It took him a few seconds to process the informations he just gathered. Then the evidence amounted to the same certainty with which god exists, he is not interested.

We say goodbye, and they buggered off into the cold of January afternoon. And I go back, to my by now cold Lasagne.

*based upon a true event. I hope you enjoyed reading it more than I did having this meeting.

The following strategy has always served me well in getting rid of those people 

Spoiler

I politely tell them that I'm not interested and close the door to go back to whatever I was doing before. 

14 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Gwyneth Paltrow is just he worst. Such a harmful and odious person who is so nauseatingly lauded and embraced by the rich and famous. 

I didn’t realise how nauseating she was until i heard anout her vagina candle on the radio and then fell down an internet void of interlinked articles about who she is and what she has done when i looked online to see what in the hell a vagina candle was

I have heard about this vagina candle but wasn't sure what it was.  I assumed it was a candle containing herbs or whatever that, when burned, would be healthy for a vagina.  Today...or yesterday maybe...I heard on the John Fugelsang show that the vagina candle is a candle that smells like Gwyneth Paltrow's vagina.  I couldn't tell if they were serious or not?  Is this really what it is?  I'm gonna look it up.

15 hours ago, kiko said:
On 1/25/2020 at 9:15 AM, A Horse Named Stranger said:

The following strategy has always served me well in getting rid of those people 

Problem is that the vast majority of these trespassers will not leave until your rude to them. It's the height of inconsideration.

Spray them with the garden hose, just as you would deal with any other yard strays.

8 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Problem is that the vast majority of these trespassers will not leave until your rude to them. It's the height of inconsideration.

Someone deserves to be yelled at for all this Cyrus the great horseshit in USA. It might as well be them.

4 hours ago, Teng Ai Hui said:

@BigFatCoward What caused the long delay?

Not been able to verify, definitely someone under a train, but not sure if suicide or accident. 

Finally got to work 4 hrs and 25 mins after I left the house. I could work on the train though. My inbox has never looked better. 

I’m on a Buffy rewatch, and just hit graduation day. And something occurred to me. Why the hell are graduation outfits a thing? I shoulda just graduated in jeans and T-shirt. 

Instead my parents split the cost for a hat and a robe I only ever wore once. What a scam. 

2 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

I’m on a Buffy rewatch, and just hit graduation day. And something occurred to me. Why the hell are graduation outfits a thing? I shoulda just graduated in jeans and T-shirt. 

Instead my parents split the cost for a hat and a robe I only ever wore once. What a scam. 

Most people in the UK will rent their graduation robes (there is an option to buy i think). Even that is still stupidly expemsive so i am completely with you. Its quite telling i think that a lot of universities have a means tested Graduation Fund to offer bursaries to financially struggling students to help them cover the cost of graduation

7 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Awwww. In my country, we don't have the hat and robe thing tradition, but I actually wish we did. It would look so much fancier and important.

Archived