Small unworthy things - as you were

BigFatCoward

2 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Is..... is this sarcasm? I think it’s sarcasm. 

What? No. I think the ceremonies in fancy robes look nice and I wish that I had that opportunity, but we don't do that, so I I wore just a normal skirt to the graduation ceremony. It was still nice, but not as nice as it would have been if everybody had a graduation hat.

4 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

What? No. I think the ceremonies in fancy robes look nice and I wish that I had that opportunity, but we don't do that, so I I wore just a normal skirt to the graduation ceremony. It was still nice, but not as nice as it would have been if everybody had a graduation hat.

Dang. Apologies then. (embarrassed emoji)

Probably doesn't belong in the Corona virus thread, but the chronically absent masters degree student I'm (semi) supervising came up with the best excuse yet today:

There were more than 400 people on the last 2 flights into Australia with confirmed passengers with Corona virus on! Last week I was at Chinese New year, there was probably someone who was on one of those flights at Chinese New year! So afterwards when I thought I didn't feel well I didn't come in as I might have caught the virus.

All told while wearing the most ridiculous face mask I've ever seen. It was all I could do to keep a straight face. He then promised he'd get on with the work he missed and... promptly left for the day as far as I can tell.

In another student I may have taken it as just paranoia, but this is about the 5th excuse in the past month, all getting wilder and wilder. He's been in for all of 1 full working day this year.

Oh well it's not my degree.

An utter jobsworth told me off for walking my bike through the station with the light on because 'it could distract the drivers'. Bare in mind it's a bike light, not an industrial strobe, and I was walking away from the trains so they couldn't have seen it anyway. 

11 hours ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Just shat myself. Got a whatsapp from my wife saying she has diabetes and is now a high risk pregnancy.

Then I saw it was a forwarded msg.

Lol, last week my mom got a text from my step-dad saying "Going to the hospital. Love You" with no context. She didn't know he had an appointment and was frantically texting and calling him because she thought it was an emergency and there's no coverage in the building. Safe to say I was told she was steaming mad when he got home. 

The word “was”. 

I was typing it for something else, and I just realized how much I dislike this word.

“Was”. 

Not for what it represents, but the spelling.

”has” ok.  “Gas”  ok.  

Just say “was” then look at it.

Right?

There are a great many things wrong in this world, and “was” is one of them. 

Fuzz.

Edit: Also the letter “W”. That is also terrible. 

If you made a list of the five greatest things ever, Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups from Trader Joe's would be unlikely to make the cut.  However, they would definitely come up in conversation. 

Also, I wrestled the lid of the pickle jar off and splashed pickle juice all over my around the house cardigan sweater from Target.

On 2/13/2020 at 11:25 PM, A True Kaniggit said:

The word “was”. 

I was typing it for something else, and I just realized how much I dislike this word.

“Was”. 

Not for what it represents, but the spelling.

”has” ok.  “Gas”  ok.  

Just say “was” then look at it.

Right?

There are a great many things wrong in this world, and “was” is one of them. 

Fuzz.

Edit: Also the letter “W”. That is also terrible. 

Archived