Small unworthy things - as you were

BigFatCoward

On 2/8/2020 at 9:11 PM, KingintheNorth4 said:

So I finally went and bought the infamous chicken sandwich from popeyes, to see if the hype was worth it. It was alright. I actually thought the brioche bun and sauce better than the chicken itself.

I've always heard Chick-fil-A was the best.  Haven't had either of them, though.

Why is it that goats are fucking assholes generally, but their cheese is so damn good?

Sadly, Ben and I were the only two BWBers at Boskone last weekend, so I had a bunch of extra meats and cheeses that I had acquired for the Cards Against Humanity traditional Saturday time.  Which means I no share goat cheese tonight.

Also, this might be a deeper question rather than a small one, but why Hall and Oates, and not Oates and Hall?  It scans the same either way.

Garage door troubleshooting. 

My garage door opener was getting stuck about 20% of the way up.  Oddly, this only happens from around 10am to 2pm.  South facing, so something about the sun shine seems to be causing it.

After watching the door go up and down a bunch of times and getting stuck each time, it seemed unlikely based on where the shadow line was that that was triggering the safety sensor.  (And it occurs to me now that the safety sensor keeps the door from closing, not opening, so probably wasted about 20 minutes down that rabbit hole.)

The garage door is comprised of 4 panels, each with a roller on each side in the corresponding track. I think it's standard, but maybe done much differently outside of North America.  I noticed that when the door gets stuck, the weight of the top panel freezes the rollers.  At this point in the process the top panel is tipped inward as it starts to make the turn from vertical to horizontal.  Also this is just past where the bottom piece of track meets the curved part, so a bit of seam there.  So I hammered everything a bit towards the directions that seemed likely to be most beneficial.  No effect.

Looking at the motor, I saw a setting for open and closing force for the door.  Turned the open force setting up from near the minimum and near the maximum and now it's pulling through the sticky spot with no issues.

But why the fuck was it only getting stuck in the middle of the day? 

32 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

How you have them?  

for me there are only 2 options, simple (lemon and sugar), or totally over the top (every sweet thing in the house). 

You’ve got to go with the classic lemon and sugar on pancake day. I’m fine with other options the other 364/65 days a year. 

20 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

I can safely say I have never in my life had lemon on a pancake.

Am I not living life to the fullest?

I don't think it'd work well with American pancakes. British pancakes are like slightly thicker crepes that you roll up. It's nice on them.

12 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I have seen a lot of naked people and never noticed one. I feel like I'm missing out now. 

:lol: I thought the same thing so I looked it up. Apparently they mostly just look like moles, which is a bit of a let down.

Re: pancakes

I have never heard of anybody eating lemon and sugar on them, and my country also has the crepes-type that you roll up. Common fillings being:

- jam

- nutella or other cacao/chocolate based spread

- whipped cream + crushed walnuts (maybe this is just my family's specialty, but in any case, it is delicious)

I have also been meaning to make pancakes au gratin (I hope that is the right word?) with whipped cream + cottage cheese one of these days. Mmmmmm.

Re: third nipples

Witchfinder sergeant Shadwell has a lot more work to do in this life than we thought.

Now I realised "sergeant" is a very weird word. Difficult to spell, too.

4 hours ago, ljkeane said:

You’ve got to go with the classic lemon and sugar on pancake day. I’m fine with other options the other 364/65 days a year. 

I second this (but agree this has to be with the thin kind of pancakes not the American or Scottish style) - there's something extra special about the lemon and sugar combo - bittersweet and delicate.

Archived