Small unworthy things - as you were

BigFatCoward

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I just read an article and found out genital grabbing in rugby is apparently a thing and used as an "intimidation tactic" but is totally NOT sexual assault because players just see it as "banter." 

Someone obviously taking cues from the US Presidents locker room talk... 

There’s a lot of stuff that happens on a rugby pitch that would clearly be assault off it. I think there’s a general acceptance that it’s not acceptable behaviour and Marler was going to get a reasonably significant ban but not many rugby players or former players that I know are particularly up in arms about it either.

Air Canada have really fucked me over with the refund for a cancelled flight. All the other flights I've had which have been cancelled have given me a full refund. They gave me the option of credit or £33 refund out of the £250 I paid for the ticket. Fuckers.

My roommate said she flew from here (Minnesota) to Maryland for $20 each way. Looks like I could fly home for $68 less than usual. 

I hoped to study well while sitting at home, but my drive seems to be down now that I'm furloughed and don't need to budget my time. Sigh.

I'm getting caught up on Better Call Saul.  About two weeks behind the US schedule.  There was just a Capitol One bank commercial.  Previously they had actual Sam Jackson and actual Jennifer Garner as spokespeople.  But this commercial had either someone I didn't recognize at all or a splattered like crazy after hitting the wall Bradley Cooper. 

Was that really Bradley Cooper or am I just suffering from cabin fever?

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'm going to withdrawn from my MS program. What makes this seem absurd is that I only have to finish my senior project and then defend it. Long story short, health problems flared up in grad school (I might have a GI disorder that flares from stress and I didn't realize it until then) and I didn't finish my project by commencement and also I ended up postponing work on it to help the health symptoms.

I've had a change in mind about what I want to do for a career over this postponement. After calling school programs of interest for the new career, it appears that withdrawing from the current program honestly won't hurt me. The schools all generally seem to look at your grades on relevant prerequisite courses and your score on a designated test. My program will have no bearing on anything. Lastly, my heart's just not on the program anymore. I wasn't that interested in it and have no interest in pursuing it further. I think I'll feel negatively in the short term after withdrawing, but I don't see myself regretting it in the long term. 

Yay - the board is back!  Missed it so much in these times of isolation. 

(So not a small unworthy thing really - a large worthy thing, this board!)

Thank you Ran and Linda for all your work maintaining and updating it - must have been a long day today.

Hmm - my picture has gone - will wait and see if that returns.

50 minutes ago, Sophelia said:

Yay - the board is back!  Missed it so much in these times of isolation. 

(So not a small unworthy thing really - a large worthy thing, this board!)

Thank you Ran and Linda for all your work maintaining and updating it - must have been a long day today.

Hmm - my picture has gone - will wait and see if that returns.

My avatar picture was missing as well, so I uploaded it again.

10 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

It may be gone forever...the image was saved on whatever the site was that we used. Imgur? I have no idea how to get it back...

Maybe not, there are always ways to recover stuff.

But you could steal Jace's old avatar and become the new Pony Queen. ;)

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

It may be gone forever...the image was saved on whatever the site was that we used. Imgur? I have no idea how to get it back...

If anyone wants their old avatar back and don't have it backed up they could try using the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine to look for an archive of their profile page.

For example,

https://web.archive.org/web/20170701233656/https://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/profile/34667-fragile-bird/

Archived