Small unworthy things - as you were

BigFatCoward

On 5/25/2020 at 11:30 PM, Ramsay B. said:

My right upper eyelid has been twitching on and off for like the last 3-4 months, everyday. Very odd. This might be my new normal. It could be worse, but just a weird thing to start happening out of nowhere.

Do you spend a significantly more time working or in front of your computer screen? I had this all throughout spring 2019, then in fall 2019 then in the first month of quarantine due to 12 hour workdays. It went away all three times once the workload eased. 

So I’ve been thinking about my grandma a lot lately, last weekend my mum had a meltdown said she missed her so much because she could always comfort her so well. And that same thing had been in my mind a lot during the virus thing. All the morbidly silly stuff my grandma would say to cheer us up. She had this sarcastically and morbidly funny sense of humor and you found yourself crying with laughter over topics that wouldn’t on the first thought indicate laughing at all . And I could never tell if she really had that take it easy and see the sunny side grasp on life or she just loved to shock us and the humor was what she decided to remember from tough life experiences.

I still have the transcript of an interview I did with her for some school project for a revolution commemoration day and I read it when I was at my mum’s. The description of how the head of Stalin (his statue, not literal head, obviously) was rolling on the street like a cabbage as people kicked it while she And her friend made their way to the train station because the shooting had already started is just something that needs to be in a museum some day. (They found the train station closed and decided not to walk 16 hours home but go back to their workplace, which was converted into a soup kitchen, where they cooked for the Russians for great pay - that was the first time she got to buy nice clothes and start dressing properly. Disclaimer: That’s not Anybody being disrespectful, it’s just her own personal experience as a teenager, it was obviously a very tragic event historically) Boy, I can hear her comparing the virus panic shopping to running to the farm bunker from the bombers. The amount of laughs she could gives us....

she also taught me how to multi task, by the way. I had to braid three scarves together while simultaneously reciting a Virgin Mary prayer. And she let me paint her face green when I wanted to play Oz. And later she covered for me when I skipped extra curriculars (I was a wiiiiild teen, I know) or invited over friends to a parentless house or sneaked out at night to have a Bacardi breezer (like I said, I was wiiiiild). So long and controversial story short, these past weeks have really made me miss my grandma. 

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

So I’ve been thinking about my grandma a lot lately, last weekend my mum had a meltdown said she missed her so much because she could always comfort her so well. And that same thing had been in my mind a lot during the virus thing. All the morbidly silly stuff my grandma would say to cheer us up. She had this sarcastically and morbidly funny sense of humor and you found yourself crying with laughter over topics that wouldn’t on the first thought indicate laughing at all . And I could never tell if she really had that take it easy and see the sunny side grasp on life or she just loved to shock us and the humor was what she decided to remember from tough life experiences.

I still have the transcript of an interview I did with her for some school project for a revolution commemoration day and I read it when I was at my mum’s. The description of how the head of Stalin (his statue, not literal head, obviously) was rolling on the street like a cabbage as people kicked it while she And her friend made their way to the train station because the shooting had already started is just something that needs to be in a museum some day. (They found the train station closed and decided not to walk 16 hours home but go back to their workplace, which was converted into a soup kitchen, where they cooked for the Russians for great pay - that was the first time she got to buy nice clothes and start dressing properly. Disclaimer: That’s not Anybody being disrespectful, it’s just her own personal experience as a teenager, it was obviously a very tragic event historically) Boy, I can hear her comparing the virus panic shopping to running to the farm bunker from the bombers. The amount of laughs she could gives us....

she also taught me how to multi task, by the way. I had to braid three scarves together while simultaneously reciting a Virgin Mary prayer. And she let me paint her face green when I wanted to play Oz. And later she covered for me when I skipped extra curriculars (I was a wiiiiild teen, I know) or invited over friends to a parentless house or sneaked out at night to have a Bacardi breezer (like I said, I was wiiiiild). So long and controversial story short, these past weeks have really made me miss my grandma. 

She sounds like a wonderful grandmother! My dad’s mom died just after I was born and my mom’s mom lived to 86. I met her when I was 14 and visiting Poland, spending one whole day with her. She was tiny like a bird, maybe 4 feet tall. And my God she loved me.

11 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

She sounds like a wonderful grandmother! My dad’s mom died just after I was born and my mom’s mom lived to 86. I met her when I was 14 and visiting Poland, spending one whole day with her. She was tiny like a bird, maybe 4 feet tall. And my God she loved me.

Awww that’s sweet, I’m certain she loved you fiercely! My grandma was quite small too, and grew smaller with age, but she was strong as a bull till the very end. I knew all grandparents as a child though only one of them is left by now. They all passed relatively early, though my great grandma lived to be 92, which is impressive. 

4 hours ago, Rippounet said:

So I learned that apparently Biff Tannen from Back to the Future was based on Donald Trump, and I'm not sure how to process this information.

I can't wait for the debate when Trump tells Biden to make like a tree and get outta here. 

Trying to study for the TEAS exam. I took a practice test for the math with the program I'm using and gave the first question a deer-in-the-headlights look if that tells you anything about where my math skills are at this time...

These math lesson videos are so boring :P. Never have been a fan of math. Oh well. Back to it lol.

8 minutes ago, Lizard Queen said:

Trying to study for the TEAS exam. I took a practice test for the math with the program I'm using and gave the first question a deer-in-the-headlights look if that tells you anything about where my math skills are at this time...

These math lesson videos are so boring :P. Never have been a fan of math. Oh well. Back to it lol.

What type of math do you need to study? 3Blue1Brown YouTube videos are quite informative and quite well done. I don't know if they are relevant to your subject though. 

14 minutes ago, maarsen said:

What type of math do you need to study? 3Blue1Brown YouTube videos are quite informative and quite well done. I don't know if they are relevant to your subject though. 

Thanks for the suggestion... It's high school math. Looks like I've forgotten a lot of it.

4 hours ago, Lizard Queen said:

I hope it's not really hot where you are...

Thankfully it wasn't too bad tonight.  Was down in the low 70s shortly after it went out a little after 5:00, it's at 65 now.  Anyway, just got it back...I hope for good.  It turned on a couple times only to go back out of the first couple hours.  Then I got a decent nap out of it.

On 6/2/2020 at 8:28 PM, Tywin et al. said:

You just learned this?

Whaaaat? Really?

2 minutes ago, DMC said:

Thankfully it wasn't too bad tonight.  Was down in the low 70s shortly after it went out a little after 5:00, it's at 65 now.  Anyway, just got it back...I hope for good.  It turned on a couple times only to go back out of the first couple hours.  Then I got a decent nap out of it.

But you can still drink in the dark...

Just now, Fragile Bird said:

But you can still drink in the dark...

I did!  ...Enough to take a nap without the TV or any other device on, which is saying something for an insomniac like me.  Power outages never bother much as long as I'm stocked up on booze and weed.  This time, though, I was worried what the hell'd we do tomorrow because even though I believe places open here, I'd really rather not hit up a bar right now.  Also worried about the fridge.

4 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Whaaaat? Really?

Silly bird.

1 minute ago, DMC said:

I did!  ...Enough to take a nap without the TV or any other device on, which is saying something for an insomniac like me.  Power outages never bother much as long as I'm stocked up on booze and weed.  This time, though, I was worried what the hell'd we do tomorrow because even though I believe places open here, I'd really rather not hit up a bar right now.  Also worried about the fridge.

We really do have all the same hang ups.

Now stop being a fucking jackass, and take a shot with me.

Air Force One is free on Netflixs!!!!!!!! 

5 hours ago, Lizard Queen said:

I hope it's not really hot where you are...

Civilized countries manage without aircon, and just sweat like fuck and moan their tits off about how hot it is.

I literally don't know a single person in the UK with it.  That being said, when I convert my loft into our master bedroom in a few years i'm definitely, 100% having it.  I just wouldn't tell anyone in case they thought I had gone soft.

Archived