Small unworthy things - as you were

BigFatCoward

9 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

I 60% approve of the pre-edit post.

Not the pub part.

Bars are terrible.

haha. Thought I was quick enough that no one would catch it. Though the tax conversation above has indeed made me laugh.

I like pubs/ bars, especially when you can sit outdoors, but won't be doing that here because of the current risks with the pandemic.

On 6/28/2020 at 11:07 AM, DMC said:

You seem to look at something as basic as doing your taxes as some type of skill.  I was complaining about the steep drop in my refund this year compared to previous years when I made pretty much the same amount of money.  I was on fellowship last year, or the 2018 returns, so I didn't have much income.  Thus, this was the first year I encountered how Trump's tax bill screws over lower income people like myself.

But did you clearly articulate this? 

You'll be fine in a few years. Sometimes I really think you grossly undervalue your skill set. The value is limitless, even if you're a jerk now and then.

Um, is this directed at me?  Seems like you're in the wrong thread, and I don't know what you're responding to.  

Just smart strategy. Tag this in the U.S. politics thread if it's a conversation that interests you. And if not, life does move on my friend. 

On 6/28/2020 at 11:44 AM, Raja said:

Speaking of jobs - I'm starting a new job in a new country and city. Been working on it for the last couple of years so there is certainly some satisfaction but it has been strange moving to a completely new country/ continent in the middle of the pandemic.

I was supposed to start a couple of months ago, but covid 19 delayed that, but I'm finally here and I'm looking forward to it even though I'm a little nervous.

Good luck! I hope the job turns out better than expected!

2 hours ago, larrytheimp said:

Well we've discussed fruitarianism and raw food ism here before, in a similar vein here is beanatarianism:

My favorite comment was something to the effect of "if you just ignore it for awhile he'll forget all about the beans".

Hard to ignore the continual farting. 

Artwork, even as simple as painting your stairs, is very difficult for me.

Why can I hit jump shots with my eyes closed, but can't even draw a straight line?

Oh well, I think I'm like 60% done now, but I'll be trapped here until it dries. As I descend.

How have I gotten paint on my face? Ugh. 

18 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Why can I hit jump shots with my eyes closed, but can't even draw a straight line?

Oh well, I think I'm like 60% done now, but I'll be trapped here until it dries. As I descend.

Because painting straight lines is impossible.

The people who actually do it?

They're cheating! How? I don't know how.

44 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Because painting straight lines is impossible.

The people who actually do it?

They're cheating! How? I don't know how.

I'm not sure that's exactly the correct answer. But everyone says it's a good job.

(I just hope they don't notice too soon that I may have knocked some grey paint onto a white wall though)

13 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

No DIY project is so simple, that I would do it myself rather than pay someone else to do it for me.

Archived