BigFatCoward

Small unworthy things - as you were

15 hours ago, kiko said:
On 1/25/2020 at 9:15 AM, A Horse Named Stranger said:

The following strategy has always served me well in getting rid of those people 

Problem is that the vast majority of these trespassers will not leave until your rude to them. It's the height of inconsideration.

Spray them with the garden hose, just as you would deal with any other yard strays.

Edited by DireWolfSpirit

8 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Problem is that the vast majority of these trespassers will not leave until your rude to them. It's the height of inconsideration.

Someone deserves to be yelled at for all this Cyrus the great horseshit in USA. It might as well be them.

My normally reliable train that should take 44 mins is now at 3 hrs 15 mins and counting, with no end in sight, I really wonder whether its even worth going in today.

4 hours ago, Teng Ai Hui said:

@BigFatCoward What caused the long delay?

Not been able to verify, definitely someone under a train, but not sure if suicide or accident. 

Finally got to work 4 hrs and 25 mins after I left the house. I could work on the train though. My inbox has never looked better. 

I don't know anything about athletics - I found this really depressing ( It's about Salazar, the oregon project and this particular athlete)

Edited by Raja

I’m on a Buffy rewatch, and just hit graduation day. And something occurred to me. Why the hell are graduation outfits a thing? I shoulda just graduated in jeans and T-shirt. 

Instead my parents split the cost for a hat and a robe I only ever wore once. What a scam. 

2 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

I’m on a Buffy rewatch, and just hit graduation day. And something occurred to me. Why the hell are graduation outfits a thing? I shoulda just graduated in jeans and T-shirt. 

Instead my parents split the cost for a hat and a robe I only ever wore once. What a scam. 

Most people in the UK will rent their graduation robes (there is an option to buy i think). Even that is still stupidly expemsive so i am completely with you. Its quite telling i think that a lot of universities have a means tested Graduation Fund to offer bursaries to financially struggling students to help them cover the cost of graduation

7 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Awwww. In my country, we don't have the hat and robe thing tradition, but I actually wish we did. It would look so much fancier and important.

5 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Awwww. In my country, we don't have the hat and robe thing tradition, but I actually wish we did. It would look so much fancier and important.

Is..... is this sarcasm? I think it’s sarcasm. 

Edited by A True Kaniggit

2 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Is..... is this sarcasm? I think it’s sarcasm. 

What? No. I think the ceremonies in fancy robes look nice and I wish that I had that opportunity, but we don't do that, so I I wore just a normal skirt to the graduation ceremony. It was still nice, but not as nice as it would have been if everybody had a graduation hat.

4 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

What? No. I think the ceremonies in fancy robes look nice and I wish that I had that opportunity, but we don't do that, so I I wore just a normal skirt to the graduation ceremony. It was still nice, but not as nice as it would have been if everybody had a graduation hat.

Dang. Apologies then. (embarrassed emoji)

3 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Dang. Apologies then. :blush:

None needed. :) Different priorities. I don't think my degree is any less worth for that either!

Probably doesn't belong in the Corona virus thread, but the chronically absent masters degree student I'm (semi) supervising came up with the best excuse yet today:

There were more than 400 people on the last 2 flights into Australia with confirmed passengers with Corona virus on! Last week I was at Chinese New year, there was probably someone who was on one of those flights at Chinese New year! So afterwards when I thought I didn't feel well I didn't come in as I might have caught the virus.

All told while wearing the most ridiculous face mask I've ever seen. It was all I could do to keep a straight face. He then promised he'd get on with the work he missed and... promptly left for the day as far as I can tell.

In another student I may have taken it as just paranoia, but this is about the 5th excuse in the past month, all getting wilder and wilder. He's been in for all of 1 full working day this year.

Oh well it's not my degree.

Edited by Impmk2

Don't mind me, I just shoveled the driveway right before I have to go to class tonight. 

I can go for some hot chocolate right now.

1 minute ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

Don't mind me, I just shoveled the driveway right before I have to go to class tonight. 

I can go for some hot chocolate right now.

With those little marshmallows. 

5 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I’m distinctly disappointed you didn’t suggest making it irish. For shame

:blush:. I like hot chocolate with marshmallows.