Small unworthy things - as you were

BigFatCoward

5 hours ago, Sophelia said:

I think I'm more likely to garrotte myself!

I'm a total convert to wireless headphones because I was always crossing the room to find something then getting my head yanked back kind of like having a dog on a lead (if you had the lead attached to your head...umph!) - or else having them fly off and crash to the floor.  Nowadays the worst that happens is I lose a few moments of music.

Also good in the gym as I can just put my phone in my bag and move around freely, removing the risk of getting the wires caught around projecting bits of weight machines etc. (believe me, I can manage that!).

Same here. There was also those annoying moments where the wire caught on something and violently yanked the earphones from both the device and my head. I was always having to replace them too, thouh this was likely my own fault because i was one of those fiends who coiled the wire around their device. Anyway, they would rarely last longer than 3 months. Current wireless ones have lasted 1 1/2 years and counting

My billing for this quarter is going to be shit. Thankfully my boss is understanding of it and calls it normal. The problem is that I keep ending up with clients who drop on me. I don't think the problem is me. The majority our clients have varying brain-related disabilities and most of the cancellations had to do that. Hopefully I will have motivated, reliable clients soon.

16 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

They look so likely to fall out and down a drain? 

Not gonna lie, I worry when I have them in while dropping a duce. But otherwise they’re great. On top of what’s been mentioned above, you can just walk around your place without having your phone on you. I can have my phone in my office on the second floor and still get connection while I’m in the basement doing laundry.

Getting this cult started is really hard.  I think I picked a bad time of the year to start it though, everyone is in 'holiday mode', but better times are coming I think.  Hopefully once they are broken by the inevitable disappointment of the new year, with its failed resolutions and lack of natural lighting, they'll be more amenable to forking over all their assets, lovers, and decision making to me.  

I made the poor decision - I make so many of those - to have my written qualifying exam scheduled over thanksgiving. And, it wasn't strictly my decision - there's a really tight timeline to get it done this term and the department is doing me a favour. And, I mean, the set up is fine - its not a family holiday for me, its less distractions to get this thing done (an intense three-day essay writing marathon) and I spent the first evening of it at a party in a bar anyway (did write two pages while drinking though). But now I have full on cabin fever and there's still almost two days to go.

On 11/26/2019 at 5:07 AM, larrytheimp said:

Getting this cult started is really hard.  I think I picked a bad time of the year to start it though, everyone is in 'holiday mode', but better times are coming I think.  Hopefully once they are broken by the inevitable disappointment of the new year, with its failed resolutions and lack of natural lighting, they'll be more amenable to forking over all their assets, lovers, and decision making to me.  

You gotta delegate more. Where's Allison Mack when you need her?

On 11/26/2019 at 5:07 AM, larrytheimp said:

they'll be more amenable to forking over all their assets, lovers, and decision making to me.  

Since I'm a swell guy I'll give you some practice at this one.

Ahem:

Dear Leader!* Right now I have the ingredients to make either Tacos or Enchiladas for dinner tonight. The people I invited over prefer Enchiladas. But I myself would much rather have Tacos.

What should I do?

*Currently unaware of what title you are assuming for your cult. Using this generic one as a stand in.

(edited after receiving advice)

12 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Ahem:

Great Leader!* Right now I have the ingredients to make either Tacos or Enchiladas for dinner tonight. The people I invited over prefer Enchiladas. But I myself would much rather have Tacos.

What should I do?

*Currently unaware of what title you are assuming for your cult. Using this generic one as a stand in.

Dear Leader sounds better. 

1 hour ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Ahem:

Dear Leader!* Right now I have the ingredients to make either Tacos or Enchiladas for dinner tonight. The people I invited over prefer Enchiladas. But I myself would much rather have Tacos.

What should I do?

Enchiladas, you must learn to set aside your own desires for the good of the group.  Sacrifice is holy.

10 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

Enchiladas, you must learn to set aside your own desires for the good of the group.  Sacrifice is holy.

Kudos for trying to get me to do something I would rather not do by using a religious motivation.

But I'm not a zealot yet. You gotta get newcomers used to following your commands by telling them to do things they already want to do. At least until you're able to brainwash them.

I think I'll go join a cult that doesn't force me to eat foods I don't like.

In actuality, I'm splitting the ingredients in half and making both.

5 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Ahem:

What should I do?

THe answer is to make both. JUst make sure those greedy whatnots don’t invade your tacos.

(Also, who the hell prefers tacos over enchiladas?)

5 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

1) THe answer is to make both. JUst make sure those greedy whatnots don’t invade your tacos.

2) (Also, who the hell prefers tacos over enchiladas?)

1) Damn straight! You know how to bring members into a cult. (As long as you didn’t already see the reply earlier) I’m gonna trust your integrity here. 

2) What can I say? American cuisine and all that. Once  again, I’m not apologizing :P .

37 minutes ago, Raja said:

I have been told Lin Manuel Miranda does an amazingly bad Texan accent on His Dark Materials and nothing has made me want to watch the show more than that fact.

Time to find where I can find this show.

The accent is not good. 

Archived