Small unworthy things - as you were

BigFatCoward

2 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

The accent is not good. 

This is entirely the reason I'm going to find & watch this show.

( To be fair, I've been debating it for weeks wondering if I should read the books first but this has pushed me over the edge)

4 hours ago, Triskele said:

I'm totally confused by the last sequence.  Is the question whether LML does a bad Texan accent the point or the it doesn't matter whether he does is the point?  

My take is that he doesn't even really attempt to do that accent, so it comes down to whether a reader/viewer cares about that point and think it needs to be a recreation of Sam Elliot or whether it should be wholly new.  

Debatable in all kinds of directions.   

I'm not from Texas so I dont know if it's a good Texan accent or not, just that it sounds bad full stop, whatever he was going for. 

14 hours ago, Triskele said:

Line cutter is almost always clueless rather than totally intentionally cutting, but I think to some extent the obliviousness needs to count as a rudeness of its own.  

Some of the most clueless people are 'cant find my seat at the theatre people'. How can you not find a row that corresponds to a letter and a seat that corresponds to a number? 

20 hours ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

I hate Christmas shopping. All my social energy and patience is depleted from yesterday.

I don't really do Christmas shopping, but today I had to go to the shopping centre to choose a par of shoes because two of mine fell apart. The traffic was terrible, I was waiting so long in the car first to part and then to get out of there afterwards.

It also reminded me of how I hate shoe shopping.

15 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Some of the most clueless people are 'cant find my seat at the theatre people'. How can you not find a row that corresponds to a letter and a seat that corresponds to a number? 

Or people getting on their train carriage from the wrong side and then pushing in the opposite direction of the crowd in a busy carriage to the very opposite end. The seat numbering is indicated outside of the train so you avoid this very issue!

23 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Wife's family dont have yorkshires with Christmas dinner. Fucking pisses me off every other year. 

You can’t have yorkshires with turkey, that’s crazy talk.

If you’re having beef for Christmas dinner you can disregard the previous section of my post and you’re entirely in the right.

1 hour ago, ljkeane said:

You can’t have yorkshires with turkey, that’s crazy talk.

If you’re having beef for Christmas dinner you can disregard the previous section of my post and you’re entirely in the right.

Yorkie with every roast. That's my rule. 

Double post because I posted this in the wrong thread -

Today I learned that Mira Nair was asked to direct Harry Potter & The Order of the Pheonix  but she declined and I am very disappointed that that did not happen 

Archived