Small unworthy things - as you were

BigFatCoward

27 minutes ago, DMC said:

And I haven't been a jackass to you for, like, a whole two days now.

Not sure you'd clear 48 hours, but I'm grumpy batting zero percent right now with cute women with big tits.

Red, as she calls herself, makes me a bit sad. The other four, whatever. 

ETA: But I've had a few drinks, and want to watch this stupid movie. 

Stomach also hurts like hell. I'll probably vomit in a bit. Ugh.

30 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Civilized countries manage without aircon, and just sweat like fuck and moan their tits off about how hot it is.

You try living in tropical Florida without AC and get back to me.  Here in Pittsburgh?  Yeah, could do without, at least 50 weeks of the year, but my apartment complex is on a shared thing anyway.  I'm no green martyr if I'm gonna have to pay my share anyway.

30 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Red, as she calls herself, makes me a bit sad.

That's because gingers have no souls.

5 hours ago, DMC said:

That's because gingers have no souls.

Eh. She's cute and has these great eyes, and other assets, to say the least. But I got the impression her and her husband started....let's call it swinging, and that went poorly for him, and she started having a lot of fun without him. And tempted as she was, she wants to try and fix things. 

The shitty part for me is that she is like one of the coolest women I've ever met. But hey, you play with fire when you're with a woman who says she's down to try anything once and you take it too far. 

12 hours ago, DMC said:

Thankfully it wasn't too bad tonight.  Was down in the low 70s shortly after it went out a little after 5:00, it's at 65 now.  Anyway, just got it back...I hope for good.  It turned on a couple times only to go back out of the first couple hours.  Then I got a decent nap out of it.

Great. That's great sleeping weather.

And yeah, the states in the USA near the equator are definitely on the warm/hot side often. I've managed without AC in Minnesota, but if I were in Florida (I'm also from there)? No way.

New job update: I am just soooooo glad it is weekend.

I have a newfound respect (that I always knew I had, I just didn't feel it that strongly before) for @Toth, @Rippounet and anybody else who has to deal with "barbaric hordes" on a daily basis. After my first full day on the job, I thought I couldn't last a whole month (which, incidentally, is also how long my contract here lasts) like that. A group of 12-year-olds almost broke me psychologically, I felt so powerless against them.

Two days later, it is slightly better - I learn quickly. I am still exhausted, but I even managed to send in another application for a similar job starting in a few months. Maaaaaaybe I will even survive this month.

EDIT: Also, forgot to mention it, but fuck wearing masks. I mean, I know it is necessary, and I do it. It just sucks having to have it on your face the whole day, makes it harder to be heard in the classroom and everything is so impersonal and it is just annoying.

On 6/5/2020 at 6:47 AM, BigFatCoward said:

Civilized countries manage without aircon, and just sweat like fuck and moan their tits off about how hot it is.

I literally don't know a single person in the UK with it.  That being said, when I convert my loft into our master bedroom in a few years i'm definitely, 100% having it.  I just wouldn't tell anyone in case they thought I had gone soft.

Put plenty of insulation in the loft or it’ll be freezing in winter and roasting in summer. Our house had an attic conversion done late 90’s according to the paperwork, and when we can afford it I plan to get it reinsulated.

7 hours ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Put plenty of insulation in the loft or it’ll be freezing in winter and roasting in summer. Our house had an attic conversion done late 90’s according to the paperwork, and when we can afford it I plan to get it reinsulated.

Not just insulation but try to have a white roof. We had our roof redone last year with the lightest colours shingles possible and we are now finding a reduced electric bill as a result in the summer. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Why so late, dude? I always file mine within a few days of it being possible. 

No special reason, I'm lazy and procrastinate.  Hell, I usually don't end up doing them til a couple days before they're due, so technically I'm early this year.

14 minutes ago, DMC said:

No special reason, I'm lazy and procrastinate.  Hell, I usually don't end up doing them til a couple days before they're due, so technically I'm early this year.

I know you're not the type that tries getting rich or die trying, but I mean, you could put some effort into these things. It really doesn't take any time at all and you can have the entire process done very quickly, and then you don't need to think about it again for 11-12 months. It's much more relaxing.

Speaking of jobs - I'm starting a new job in a new country and city. Been working on it for the last couple of years so there is certainly some satisfaction but it has been strange moving to a completely new country/ continent in the middle of the pandemic.

I was supposed to start a couple of months ago, but covid 19 delayed that, but I'm finally here and I'm looking forward to it even though I'm a little nervous.

5 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

It really doesn't take any time at all and you can have the entire process done very quickly, and then you don't need to think about it again for 11-12 months. It's much more relaxing.

Um, yeah, it's not like I'm ever stressed about doing my taxes.  It takes like a half hour.  Which is why I always put it off until I'm like, "oh yeah, gotta do that."

4 minutes ago, DMC said:

Um, yeah, it's not like I'm ever stressed about doing my taxes.  It takes like a half hour.  Which is why I always put it off until I'm like, "oh yeah, gotta do that."

You're the prefect example of someone who is great at somethings, and meh at a lot of others, but only because you choose to be.

That's probably why I like you, even if you can be an awful bastard now and then.

Also, it's Demings or Harris. Don't waste your time with anyone else.

How do Congressional special elections go, with a Republican Governor? That could be the deal breaker because Harris would be easy to replace. CA has a lot of qualified minority women and that would be an easy swap. I would love to see Loretta Sanchez on the ticket. And I think she would win easily, and be highly deserving of the position. 

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

You're the prefect example of someone who is great at somethings, and meh at a lot of others, but only because you choose to be.

You seem to look at something as basic as doing your taxes as some type of skill.  I was complaining about the steep drop in my refund this year compared to previous years when I made pretty much the same amount of money.  I was on fellowship last year, or the 2018 returns, so I didn't have much income.  Thus, this was the first year I encountered how Trump's tax bill screws over lower income people like myself.

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Also, it's Demings or Harris. Don't waste your time with anyone else.

How do Congressional special elections go, with a Republican Governor? That could be the deal breaker because Harris would be easy to replace. CA has a lot of qualified minority women and that would be an easy swap. I would love to see Loretta Sanchez on the ticket. And I think she would win easily, and be highly deserving of the position. 

Um, is this directed at me?  Seems like you're in the wrong thread, and I don't know what you're responding to.

Archived