Small unworthy things - as you were

BigFatCoward

On 9/22/2019 at 3:40 AM, Triskele said:

Sort of reminds you of the "should we legalize weed" converts when alcohol causes so many problems.  

Right. Tobacco, guns, alcohol...those are all fine, but a statistically insignificant portion of the vaping population gets sick, after no known reported illnesses related to vaping in prior years, and they jump on the ban wagon.

On 9/24/2019 at 3:04 AM, BigFatCoward said:

I have a lot of time for chilled airports, I dont want to fly from a fucking shopping centre. 

Its pissing down here. I got all my waterproofs on for my cycle to the station, got to the station relatively dry. Took my stuff off and sat down. The train leaked all over me as it went round a bend, it was like taking a shower. The smart early morning business people seemed split on whether my 'you fucking cunt' was hilarious or inappropriate behaviour. 

I think it was hilariously inappropriate. 

9 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Does anyone else get driven crazy by people that watch stuff on their phones in public places?  For a more specific example, I mean like in a noisy cafeteria.  On the one hand, I can understand why people feel like they have carte blanche to do this.  People are talking everywhere.  On the other hand, there's something about it where it's uniquely annoying/distracting if someone's got a show going on their phone even if the volume is ballpark the same.  Hard to explain, but inside this one little ape brain, extremely noticeable and awful.  Makes me wonder if I have a condition or something.  

People watching videos doesn’t bother me.

But people FaceTiming does. 

:dunno:

8 hours ago, Triskele said:

Trump will save us all from the vaping epidemic.

Does anyone else get driven crazy by people that watch stuff on their phones in public places?  For a more specific example, I mean like in a noisy cafeteria.  On the one hand, I can understand why people feel like they have carte blanche to do this.  People are talking everywhere.  On the other hand, there's something about it where it's uniquely annoying/distracting if someone's got a show going on their phone even if the volume is ballpark the same.  Hard to explain, but inside this one little ape brain, extremely noticeable and awful.  Makes me wonder if I have a condition or something.  

Yes, put some damn earphones in

So I decided to clean my keyboard (had been a while and things can get a bit yuk, as you prolly all know), and now I am two keys short of a board, so to speak. TAB and in wheel of fortune I'd like to buy an E. Time for an Easteregg hunt. :bang:

Update. Found them, they tried to hide under the keyboard.

Phew. I just paid my semester of international student supplemental tuition fee here...in some ways its not that big a deal, since its just me moving funding I got for one thing into a different pot and not cutting into pre-existing savings, but strictly speaking, it is a real 'purchase' and if I didn't have to pay it, I could have kept the other funding as savings or poured it into other projects. So that's officially the most money I've ever spent on anything ever in my life.

Long story short, I found out an uncle lied about having a 9 year old son. I and other relatives only found out about the kid's existence last night also (we've been estranged from the lying uncle for awhile), so this not was not a fabrication I or anyone else was tricked into for ages. In that same night, I found this uncle's FB account and realized that he made up the story about the son. The kid and his mom are real, but their purported relationship to my uncle was fictitious. The kid was fathered by another man and it looks like the mom and my uncle didn't meet until 2016. The uncle said he'd had a DNA test proving paternity, and that he and the mom had been married.

Anyway, I sent my FB evidence to another uncle who originally reported the weird uncle's claims to me. So now we all know before we could have bought into the lie that we had another cousin for awhile. 

11 hours ago, Lizard Queen said:

Long story short, I found out an uncle lied about having a 9 year old son. I and other relatives only found out about the kid's existence last night also (we've been estranged from the lying uncle for awhile), so this not was not a fabrication I or anyone else was tricked into for ages. In that same night, I found this uncle's FB account and realized that he made up the story about the son. The kid and his mom are real, but their purported relationship to my uncle was fictitious. The kid was fathered by another man and it looks like the mom and my uncle didn't meet until 2016. The uncle said he'd had a DNA test proving paternity, and that he and the mom had been married.

Anyway, I sent my FB evidence to another uncle who originally reported the weird uncle's claims to me. So now we all know before we could have bought into the lie that we had another cousin for awhile. 

I had an Aunt that did the opposite. Everyone thought she had 2 children. But she has a 3rd, middle child between the 2 everyone knew about. No one learned about the kid until she was 7 y/o.

I just returned to the student dorm after a week away. I brought some additional dishes with me and wanted to put them in the kitchen after washing them. Obviously the first thing I had to do was to clean the sink because people are gross. :ack: Who the hell thinks it is okay to leave the whole sink full of rests of food? Also apparently nobody apart from me thinks taking out the trash is a good idea, so it looks like it wasn't done by anybody the whole time. I took out the paper and plastic, these bins were overflowing already. Didn't even take a look at the bio waste bin, I hope somebody remembers to do it before I have to go to the kitchen again.

Urgh. People. :angry: 

12 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

I had an Aunt that did the opposite. Everyone thought she had 2 children. But she has a 3rd, middle child between the 2 everyone knew about. No one learned about the kid until she was 7 y/o.

We had a similar situation with my great grandmother, she had one known child, being my granddad, and then she also had a “sister” who we all suspect was actually her daughter. For various reasons, including her age compared to my great grandmother, the relationship between them, and the positioning of her ahead of my granddad in my great grandmother’s will. Its all very peculiar but we could never confirm it

12 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

That's super strange... do you know why she hid the girl?

6 hours ago, Lizard Queen said:

That's super strange... do you know why she hid the girl?

I got this second hand.

But apparently when she got pregnant with the first kid and told her mother, they got in a huge fight. 

I guess she thought it’d be easier to just keep kid 2 a secret than start another fight. 

Archived