Acrophobia 36 - Gone Fishin' - FINAL BONUS ROUND!!

Jez Bell

5 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

I like the idea, hc. It's quite different from what we've done before so it should inspire some interesting entries.

I can see the logic in waiting till January but if you want to get going that should be your prerogative as host.

5 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

You could start now and give lots of time between rounds, maybe?

I'd be willing to start now and give plenty of time. I'll be away Nov. 27 - Nov. 30, so I'd give you all a week then.

So far, three of you are in - maybe four with Jez. I'll just start Sunday (Nov. 17), set a week long deadline and see who jumps in?

1 hour ago, rocksniffer said:

yes, i am in...however...

...i would like to make a plea for a rousing game of acrophilia come the new year, 'eh @Dolorous Gabe

:smoking:

I'll see what I can rustle up in the next month or so. A little something to enliven the month of January, perhaps :)

It takes me a while to find interesting theme ideas and it gets harder the longer time goes by since I last read the books.

3 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

I'll see what I can rustle up in the next month or so. A little something to enliven the month of January, perhaps :)

It takes me a while to find interesting theme ideas and it gets harder the longer time goes by since I last read the books.

hey i am with you brother...i have to use the a search of ice and fire website to refresh my one active brain cell

13 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

hey i am with you brother...i have to use the a search of ice and fire website to refresh my one active brain cell

My plan is to dig out the books as soon as Winds is announced as finished.

I'll see if I can create a 5 round game.

7 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

@rocksniffer @Dolorous Gabe How exactly does acrophilia work, gentlemen? I don’t think I’d ever played that one during my years on the Forum.  

Acrophilia is somewhat akin to self-flagellation, not that I have ever taken it upon myself to partake in the latter. But I imagine them to be quite similar ;)

Very basically, the idea is that players will be given a few acronyms, just as in Acrophobia, but they will also privately be given a character from ASOIAF. You use one of the acronyms to create a clue to the character you are given. When the round starts, the clues are posted much like the entries in Acrophobia but players must work out the characters presented in the clues. There will be a theme linking the characters, which - if you can find - helps with any clues you might be struggling with.

That's the basic gist of it anyway. We've had many variations of rules and format.

If you decide to play with us, i must preemptively apologise for my equally abominable and magnificent creation :lol:

8 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

Acrophilia is somewhat akin to self-flagellation, not that I have ever taken it upon myself to partake in the latter. But I imagine them to be quite similar ;)

Very basically, the idea is that players will be given a few acronyms, just as in Acrophobia, but they will also privately be given a character from ASOIAF. You use one of the acronyms to create a clue to the character you are given. When the round starts, the clues are posted much like the entries in Acrophobia but players must work out the characters presented in the clues. There will be a theme linking the characters, which - if you can find - helps with any clues you might be struggling with.

That's the basic gist of it anyway. We've had many variations of rules and format.

If you decide to play with us, i must preemptively apologise for my equally abominable and magnificent creation :lol:

Thank you for the detailed explanation, sounds like something I would try. Also, acrophobia has been doing wonders to my vocab so maybe the philia version would also help to give it another much needed kick. 

ah come on, both your creations are magnificent without being abominable :lol: 

7 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

you will be good at it, Rhaeny...

:smoking:

Thanks for the trust :lol:  Well we shall see. It will most likely take a few rounds to get the hang of it. 

Archived