Jump to content
Jez Bell

Acrophobia 36 - Gone Fishin' - FINAL BONUS ROUND!!

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

I like the idea, hc. It's quite different from what we've done before so it should inspire some interesting entries.

I can see the logic in waiting till January but if you want to get going that should be your prerogative as host.

 

5 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

You could start now and give lots of time between rounds, maybe?

I'd be willing to start now and give plenty of time. I'll be away Nov. 27 - Nov. 30, so I'd give you all a week then.

So far, three of you are in - maybe four with Jez. I'll just start Sunday (Nov. 17), set a week long deadline and see who jumps in?

Edited by honeyed chicken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

And I am curious whether there's enough interest for another game of Acrophobia as we head into the busy holiday season?

I'm in!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rocksniffer said:

yes, i am in...however...

 

...i would like to make a plea for a rousing game of acrophilia come the new year, 'eh @Dolorous Gabe

 

:smoking:

I'll see what I can rustle up in the next month or so. A little something to enliven the month of January, perhaps :)

It takes me a while to find interesting theme ideas and it gets harder the longer time goes by since I last read the books.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

I'll see what I can rustle up in the next month or so. A little something to enliven the month of January, perhaps :)

It takes me a while to find interesting theme ideas and it gets harder the longer time goes by since I last read the books.

hey i am with you brother...i have to use the a search of ice and fire website to refresh my one active brain cell

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

yes, i am in...however...

 

...i would like to make a plea for a rousing game of acrophilia come the new year, 'eh @Dolorous Gabe

 

:smoking:

Yes, please.  I need a puzzle to re-align my brain cells.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

hey i am with you brother...i have to use the a search of ice and fire website to refresh my one active brain cell

My plan is to dig out the books as soon as Winds is announced as finished.

I'll see if I can create a 5 round game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

@rocksniffer @Dolorous Gabe How exactly does acrophilia work, gentlemen? I don’t think I’d ever played that one during my years on the Forum.  

Acrophilia is somewhat akin to self-flagellation, not that I have ever taken it upon myself to partake in the latter. But I imagine them to be quite similar ;)

 

Very basically, the idea is that players will be given a few acronyms, just as in Acrophobia, but they will also privately be given a character from ASOIAF. You use one of the acronyms to create a clue to the character you are given. When the round starts, the clues are posted much like the entries in Acrophobia but players must work out the characters presented in the clues. There will be a theme linking the characters, which - if you can find - helps with any clues you might be struggling with.

That's the basic gist of it anyway. We've had many variations of rules and format.

If you decide to play with us, i must preemptively apologise for my equally abominable and magnificent creation :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

@rocksniffer @Dolorous Gabe How exactly does acrophilia work, gentlemen? I don’t think I’d ever played that one during my years on the Forum.  

you will be good at it, Rhaeny...

:smoking:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

Acrophilia is somewhat akin to self-flagellation, not that I have ever taken it upon myself to partake in the latter. But I imagine them to be quite similar ;)

 

Very basically, the idea is that players will be given a few acronyms, just as in Acrophobia, but they will also privately be given a character from ASOIAF. You use one of the acronyms to create a clue to the character you are given. When the round starts, the clues are posted much like the entries in Acrophobia but players must work out the characters presented in the clues. There will be a theme linking the characters, which - if you can find - helps with any clues you might be struggling with.

That's the basic gist of it anyway. We've had many variations of rules and format.

If you decide to play with us, i must preemptively apologise for my equally abominable and magnificent creation :lol:

Thank you for the detailed explanation, sounds like something I would try. Also, acrophobia has been doing wonders to my vocab so maybe the philia version would also help to give it another much needed kick. 
 

ah come on, both your creations are magnificent without being abominable :lol: 

7 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

you will be good at it, Rhaeny...

:smoking:

Thanks for the trust :lol:  Well we shall see. It will most likely take a few rounds to get the hang of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies! I forgot to put a link here to the new game. It's up and running and 'm taking sentences already. The deadline is Sunday, November 24, but it's not a hard deadline - I'll slide any late comers in that I get.

here's the new game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×