Acrophobia 36 - Gone Fishin' - FINAL BONUS ROUND!!

Jez Bell

4 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Can we get an extra day? I’m in Montreal for the Pokémon Go Safari, and I will be walking at least 30,000 steps tomorrow, then going to dinner with my fellow Pokémon players, then flying home at 4:30 pm. I could try to write something late Saturday night in the wee hours...

I've had another request for the same... I'm out all day tomorrow, so let's make it Monday morning. 

Revised Deadline for Round 3: Monday, Sept 23, 8am (GMT)

Just be aware that I won't be able to respond to PMs at all on Sunday, so please ensure that you all have clearly indicated your final entry.

2 hours ago, Jez Bell said:

I've had another request for the same... I'm out all day tomorrow, so let's make it Monday morning. 

Revised Deadline for Round 3: Monday, Sept 23, 8am (GMT)

Just be aware that I won't be able to respond to PMs at all on Sunday, so please ensure that you all have clearly indicated your final entry.

Yay! Glad to have an extra coupla days. :)

ROUND 2 (NED STARK) - RESULTS

1. Building Alliances. Lannisters in Agreement! - Emmit            1 (x3) + 0 (x2) + 0 (x1) = 3 + 2 (sub) + 1 (vote) = 6
  2. "There shall be justice"-corvid message. - redriver            1 (x3) + 2 (x2) + 1 (x1) = 8 + 2 (sub) + 1 (vote) = 11
  3. Meeting George, having words. - Dolorous Gabe            0 (x3) + 2 (x2) + 3 (x1) = 7 + 2 (sub) + 1 (vote) = 10
  4. Try sending birds, junked crappy machine! - Fragile Bird            3 (x3) + 0 (x2) + 0 (x1) = 9 + 2 (sub) + 1 (vote) = 12
  5. Terribly seriously busy - just covering murders. - Castellan            0 (x3) + 0 (x2) + 1 (x1) = 1 + 2 (sub) + 1 (vote) = 4
  6. Busy! Arrest, lawsuit, impeachment ahead. - Rhaenys Bee            2 (x3) + 3 (x2) + 0 (x1) = 12 + 2 (sub) + 1 (vote) = 15
  7. Touring Sept - Bastard's Justice calls me. - rocksniffer            1 (x3) + 0 (x2) + 1 (x1) = 4 + 2 (sub) + 1 (vote) = 7
  8. Tibia's snapped, blame Jaime, can't meet. - Howlin' Howland            1 (x3) + 3 (x2) + 3 (x1) = 12 + 2 (sub) + 1 (vote) = 15
  9. Beheaded. Awaiting life infusion, alas. - Count Balerion            1 (x3) + 0 (x2) + 1 (x1) = 4 + 2 (sub) + 1 (vote) = 7

Standings:

Rhaenys Bee:  14 + 15 = 29

Howlin' Howland:  11 + 15 = 26

Fragile Bird:  11 + 12 = 23

redriver:  9 + 11 = 20

Dolorous Gabe:  6 + 10 = 16

Count Balerion:  8 + 7 = 15

rocksniffer:  8 + 7 = 15

Castellan:  9 + 4 = 13

Emmit:  5 + 6 = 11

Honeyed Chicken:  0 + 1 = 1 (voting)

Fragile Bird snagged the most 1st place votes in this round, but it was Howlin' Howland who got the most votes overall.  He ties with Rhaenys Bee for top points.   Overall, a great showing by everyone.  I really thought this theme would be more of a challenge.

RB retains her lead, but for how long?  Anything can change in one round.

Thanks to everyone for fantastic entries, once again.

Round 3 (Varys) - Voting

1. Addicted. Gaming today. Sorry.

2. Debriefing important birds... moppet's news takes precedence.

3. Furlough.Can't handle nasal offense.Stench!!

4. A game to spin

5. Don't interrupt!!!
    Bird mentoring necessitates total privacy
  6. Debriefing; intelligence bird-mediated. Notifying Targ-pretender.

7. Dear itty-bitty birds, meetings neglected temporarily. Patience.

8. Alas, guys! Throat’s sore.
  9. Dear Illyrio, Besotted midget navigating toward Pentos!

10. Dratted insomniac birds! Must now take pause.

Vote for your top 3 in the thread.  Please remember to indicate the round # and entry # with your votes.

:) 

Round 4 - Tyrion Lannister

Tyrion would be so happy with a life full of sex and wine and books, dreaming about dragons and life beyond King's Landing.  Yet, not so.  There is so much to do, from pissing off the wall, to being a guest in one of the fabled sky cells, to masterminding the Battle of Blackwater.     

I'm sure there are times that he just wants to tell everyone to piss off, but he would surely do it with finesse.

I W E N

W M O E N

R D A G N O

E A R D G I N

Deadline: Tuesday, October 1, 9am.

Last chance for Round 3 (Varys) entries!  1 more hour.

For round 4, I will be travelling on Thursday, and won't be back until Monday.  

So ,we can have a quick round 4, ending Wednesday night (about 60 hours).  Then we can begin round 5, which will then have 5 full days.

Or we can have 8 days for round 4.

Thoughts?

An update on my ghost story...

We got rid of the Ouija board last week.  Today, I received an email from the great-granddaughter of the original owner.  We had met her a few years back when she wanted to visit her ancestral home.  He daughter wants to come and visit the house.  Me, totally freaked out, said no. 

Then we found that someone threw rotten eggs on our side door.

Also, she sent this.

I'm a bit hesitant now about leaving my kids alone at home for the weekend.

14 hours ago, Jez Bell said:

An update on my ghost story...

We got rid of the Ouija board last week.  Today, I received an email from the great-granddaughter of the original owner.  We had met her a few years back when she wanted to visit her ancestral home.  He daughter wants to come and visit the house.  Me, totally freaked out, said no. 

Then we found that someone threw rotten eggs on our side door.

Also, she sent this.

I'm a bit hesitant now about leaving my kids alone at home for the weekend.

Guess I'm missing something. Why are you freaked out about someone wanting to see their old family home? We've had that happen a time or two and it was no biggie. Is it the Ouija board in the secret cubbie - you think someone snuck in the house and put it there? Seems like an opportunity to find out what's going on and demystify the situation, maybe?

7 minutes ago, honeyed chicken said:

Guess I'm missing something. Why are you freaked out about someone wanting to see their old family home? We've had that happen a time or two and it was no biggie. Is it the Ouija board in the secret cubbie - you think someone snuck in the house and put it there? Seems like an opportunity to find out what's going on and demystify the situation, maybe?

It's just the combination of things.  Finding the ouija board, footsteps in the house getting louder, and then out of the blue we hear from the ghosts' great-great-granddaughter.  Also, I really did not need to know what the ghosts look like.

Archived