Jaime L

Westeros Experts League 2019

Starting a new thread as the last is well over 400 posts and because I checked the calendar and apparently it's actually 2019. 

Week 1 Power Rankings

1) Jaime L - 9-0
2) Lord Dracarys - 8-1
3) Mya Stone - 7-2
4) boiled leather - 6-3
5) Dunknegg - 5-4
6) JJ Lannister - 4-5
7) Fuentez - 3-6
8) RaceBannon - 2-7
9) Whiskeyjack - 1-8
10) Jace, Balissa - 0-9

Biggest surprise of the week has to be Mya's autodraft team putting up a 190+. Also got 60 points out of the 3 players she traded for and all of a sudden looks like a scary team instead of a tragic autodraft team. Can do the sliding doors thing, but it doesn't appear the couple trades affected any week 1 outcomes as there weren't terribly close matchups in week 1. 

Beyond that was a very high scoring week in general. Can't recall a week with 3 teams over 190, and the 233 my team put up looks to be the highest score in several seasons. I'll take it compared to how I started the last couple seasons. 

Week 1 had some extreme boom/bust performances. I'm expecting week 2 to be a return to a more normal, more competitive, less extreme week...but we shall see. 

Edited by Jaime L

1 hour ago, Jaime L said:

Beyond that was a very high scoring week in general. Can't recall a week with 3 teams over 190, and the 233 my team put up looks to be the highest score in several seasons.

Circa 2018, week 1 (#154)

24 minutes ago, Dunknegg said:

Circa 2018, week 1 (#154) 

True, didn't realize how much week 1 last year was like this year. And week 2 last year had 3 teams over 184, Still haven't mentally adjusted to the new normal. 

The defenses will adjust to the changes at the beginning of the year once they get film to study :dunno:

Trade with Jace.

I get Leveon Bell + Allen Robinson
She gets Tyreek Hill, Malcolm Brown, + Raheem Mostert

Have no idea what to think or expect from most of these players right now.  Honestly just trying to survive all the injuries to my team and not get Jaxomed.

Also Jace mentioned that if she doesn't get back online before the games to set her lineup, she'd like to start Dion Lewis in place of Bell.

Week 2 Power Rankings

1) Jaime L - 18-0
2) Lord Dracarys - 15-3
2t) Mya Stone - 15-3
4) Dunknegg - 8-10
4t) JJ Lannister - 8-10
4t) Fuentez - 8-10
7t) boiled leather - 7-11

7t) Whiskeyjack - 7-11
9) RaceBannon - 4-14

10) Jace, Balissa - 0-18

Like America, the power rankings are starting to reflect a steep divide between a small cabal of coastal elites and a large underclass. So far Dracarys, Mya and I are looking like early contenders though 2 weeks does not a season make. Of note, Mya's autodraft is looking deeper than it did at first glance and her trade with JJ netted her 3 solid starters that have filled the gaps. Sanders alone almost pulled out the week for her in a tight one against me. The trick will be sustaining this when the byes start but already has built a strong base of power ranking wins. 

On the other end of things, think it's already time to worry for Jace. Just a brutal week of injuries and no shows in the starting lineup while her bench went off. At the last the latter provides hope to turn things around, but it needs to start now to get out of this early hole. 

My season of trying to react to major injuries with huge trades continues.

I get J.Allen, D.Cook, J.Williams, D.Robinson
Dunk gets M.Trubisky, L.Bell, C.Herndon, A.Robinson