Westeros Experts League 2022

Jaime L

We have our finals contenders. BL puts up another monster score (189) to defeat WJ and considering how he's finished the year, has to be considered the favorite. In the other semi, Drac edges me out by 5. 

Finals - (2) Drac vs. (4) BL 

Good luck, both. 

Edited by Jaime L

Just got back from traveling abroad so delayed on this but wanna congratulate @boiled leather on a well earned title. Scoring between 189-194 points every single weeks of the playoffs is for sure the most dominant playoff performance we've ever seen in Experts. Basically unbeatable. Having the #1 player in fantasy in L-Jax is a big part of it but scoring to that level showed some depth as well. Congrats, man. BL becomes the 11th person to win Experts.

Regarding 2020 Experts;

Reviewing the FF thread, it appears @mcbigski and the patron saint of Experts himself  @Jaxom 1974 have earned spots this year. Sounds like Mcbigski is in for next year. Jaxom are you? 

Every other league champion is already in experts so we don't have a 3rd qualified team. Think we've previously decided in such circumstances to allow the 3rd Jaxomed team a stay of execution so big day for @Jace, Basilissa

Edited by Jaime L

• 7 months later...

As said previously, I have money league drafts on the Tuesday and Wednesday before opening Thursday, but have cut out a couple other leagues so can make almost any other day work besides Monday Aug 31st.  Fleabottom ain't nothing to fuck with.

@boiled leather @Lord Dracarys @Whiskeyjack @Dunknegg @J.J. Lannister @RaceBannon42 @Jace, Basilissa @mcbigski @Jaxom 1974

Sounds like they're at least going to try to have an NFL season so figure we should at least try to have an Experts season. Want to make sure each of you plans to play this season so please weigh in. Race, Drac, Mcbigski already have. 

We also need to figure out a draft day. Honestly I want it as close to the season as possible considering the possibility that any of these teams can end up like the Marlins or Cardinals at any time and would rather know that before drafting if at all possible. If Mcbigski has drafts the Tuesday and Wednesday before opening day (Thursday, September 10th) then why don't we shoot for Monday, September 7th as the next best alternative? Does that work for everyone? 

That date would be grand, my normal 7AM meeting that Tuesday is off.  I just bought a new fryolator so I need to decide if my draft strategy this year is going be my usual unconstrained alcoholism, or a more refined sort of gluttony.  The alcoholism leads to issues.  I mean last year I managed to pick up Carlos Hyde for my RB 3 about 4 hours before he signed, and I grabbed Tannehill for a dollar after blowing my budget.  (Though I think I waived him around week 6, oops.) But since you all are Experts, those shenanigans may not fly.  Though I'm not going to be one of those people that avoid Jaxoming only by winning a lesser league at the same time.  Daddy don't need protection.

What are the actual scoring rules and roster spots and sizes?  Somehow I'm under the impression that Experts's rules are what C is based on, including $200 auction draft, standard scoring (non PPR), 6pt passing scoring, 2QB 3RB 4WR 1TE DEF K, and ten bench spots (IIRC) with FAAB free agency Wednesday morning and open waivers after that, but would be helpful to know for sure.

1 hour ago, mcbigski said:

What are the actual scoring rules and roster spots and sizes?  Somehow I'm under the impression that Experts's rules are what C is based on, including $200 auction draft, standard scoring (non PPR), 6pt passing scoring, 2QB 3RB 4WR 1TE DEF K, and ten bench spots (IIRC) with FAAB free agency Wednesday morning and open waivers after that, but would be helpful to know for sure.

Yep. All the same except we start 2 TE's.