Westeros Experts League 2022

Jaime L

Jace and I have a trade.

She gets James Robinson
I get Adam Thielen

However, since Robinson has already played this week, she is going to get Joshua Kelley for this week (and can use him if she wants).  Then we will trade Kelley for Robinson next week.  I checked with Jaime and he said it was okay, as long as we posted the full trade now to be transparent.

I don't regret pulling the defense as much as I regret that Lamar looked atrocious. My logic for doing so was sound. That if Mahomes and friends played well enough to win, the defense would be giving me negative points. I simply failed to account for how lackluster Lamar might play. 

Live and learn.

Talked through with WJ and agree the approach he outlines below is the fairest way to handle a situation we find out too late that a game will not be played for the week. Here's what he wrote up in the W-A thread and which will apply to Experts as well:

With the way things are playing out for the Pittsburgh-Tennessee and Minnesota-Houston games, I'm going to put a rule in place for this week.  I saw that the Pitt-Tenn game in particular might be moved to Monday or Tuesday, or pushed back to a later week.  I don't want to run into an issue where somebody waits to start somebody from one of those games, and then things get worse and its canceled, leaving the person with a zero in their lineup.

So, if you want to start a player from any of those 4 teams, you will be given the option of posting in this thread that you are starting the player, but that if he ends up not playing due to Covid, then you are choosing to start a different player in his place.  You must specify the replacement player in the post, and you must post it before the replacement's game starts.  Also, if you want to make a change to any instructions, you must make a new post - please do not edit an old post you had already made.  If you change something, I'll rely on your last post in the thread.

Here's an example:
I am starting Derrick Henry at RB.  If he doesn't play due to Covid, I'm going to start Joshua Kelley instead.

Let me know if you have any questions.

On 9/30/2020 at 1:15 PM, Jaime L said:

Talked through with WJ and agree the approach he outlines below is the fairest way to handle a situation we find out too late that a game will not be played for the week. Here's what he wrote up in the W-A thread and which will apply to Experts as well:

With the way things are playing out for the Pittsburgh-Tennessee and Minnesota-Houston games, I'm going to put a rule in place for this week.  I saw that the Pitt-Tenn game in particular might be moved to Monday or Tuesday, or pushed back to a later week.  I don't want to run into an issue where somebody waits to start somebody from one of those games, and then things get worse and its canceled, leaving the person with a zero in their lineup.

So, if you want to start a player from any of those 4 teams, you will be given the option of posting in this thread that you are starting the player, but that if he ends up not playing due to Covid, then you are choosing to start a different player in his place.  You must specify the replacement player in the post, and you must post it before the replacement's game starts.  Also, if you want to make a change to any instructions, you must make a new post - please do not edit an old post you had already made.  If you change something, I'll rely on your last post in the thread.

Here's an example:
I am starting Derrick Henry at RB.  If he doesn't play due to Covid, I'm going to start Joshua Kelley instead.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Jaime asked me to post this update here -

The above rule now applies to KC vs NE.  If you want, you can post here and have a backup for KC/NE players according to those rules.  If you do not post about it here, then you are starting or benching KC/NE players at your own risk.

Pitt vs Tenn has been moved to a later week.  Those teams are officially on bye, so take their players out of your lineup.

Looks like Minn vs Houston is happening as normal.

@Jaime L @RaceBannon42 @JJ Lannister @Jace, Basilissa @Lord Dracarys @boiled leather @mcbigski @Jaxom 1974 @Dunknegg