Westeros Experts League 2022

Jaime L

Well, even taking that damage from that long TD pass to Mike Williams, and in spite of my rather low total this week, (Dames are going to double me up, win or lose), it looks like I'm about to go on a 9 game winning streak.  Which henceforth, when you beat every other team consecutively, shall be known in Experts as either the mcbigski or perhaps the PG 13 Cleveland Steamer.  (in honor of the bowl of brown).

On 11/21/2021 at 10:39 PM, mcbigski said:

Well, even taking that damage from that long TD pass to Mike Williams, and in spite of my rather low total this week, (Dames are going to double me up, win or lose), it looks like I'm about to go on a 9 game winning streak.  Which henceforth, when you beat every other team consecutively, shall be known in Experts as either the mcbigski or perhaps the PG 13 Cleveland Steamer.  (in honor of the bowl of brown).

Yeah. I think that needs to go to committee before anything is declared...

And it's nice to be back in the playoff hunt...even if it'll likely only last a week...

Power Rankings Week 11

1) Dunknegg - 69-30
2) Jace - 65-34 
3) WJ - 55-44 
4) Mcbigski - 51-48
5t) JJ - 47-52 
5t) BL - 47-52 
7) Jaxom - 44-55
8) Race - 43-56
9) Jaime - 41-58
10) Bronn - 33-66

Jace putting up a historically monster score. Everyone from JJ on down looks to be on the Jaxoming hot seat. Think we're officially at the point to start considering getting your commissioner applications ready. 

On 11/21/2021 at 9:39 PM, mcbigski said:

Well we've already had, I believe, 3 teams in Experts go on 13 game win streaks so don't think we can name it that. I am open to naming the act of bragging after a low (i.e. 2-7) power ranking week "pulling a mcbigski" which continues our tradition of naming things after league members (see: Jaxoming) :p 

3 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Feel like we went the entire season without any trades, and now all of a sudden have 2 pending. 

Most exciting day of the Experts season.

Idk I sent wentz to BL for Hollywood Brown and Drake to the Ponies for the Phins.  Not blockbusters but curious to see what comes through now.

Power Rankings Week 12

1t) Dunknegg - 74-34
1t) Jace - 74-34
3) WJ - 61-47
4t) Mcbigski - 55-53
4t) BL - 55-53
6) JJ - 47-61
7) Race - 46-62
8) Jaxom - 45-63
9) Jaime - 43-65
10) Bronn - 40-68

The Jaxoming block is now clear. JJ, Race, Jaxom, me and Bronn are all on it. Bronn has the best chance to avoid it entirely by making the playoffs. Jaxom and Race could also make the playoffs if they win their last two games. JJ and my fate very likely depend solely on power rankings. JJ at least has the power rankings cushion and can control his own destiny if he finishes strong. 

On 10/12/2021 at 12:02 PM, Jaime L said:

Power Rankings Week 5

1) Dunknegg - 33-12  
2) Jaime - 26-19
3) WJ - 24-21
4) JJ - 23-22 
5) Mcbigski - 22-23
6t) BL - 20-25
6t) Race - 20-25
6t) Bronn - 20-25
9) Jaxom - 19-26
10) Jace - 18-27

:pimp:

Was planning on swapping out TB DEF for Dallas, since NO was down two starting tackles, but left the poker room to meet some friends from one of my cash leagues and was agonizing about starting Taysom Hill or Handsome Jimmy in that league, and didn't come back around to it until about 3 minutes in.  Such is life.  

I went with Jimmy G in that league, since I'm also starting Mitchell and Aiyuk there. As SF goes, so goes my nation.  90+ rushing yards isn't quite as tasty with 4 INTs so likely a wash.

Got to say that miscounting my budget when bidding for Trey Lance worked out really well (simultaneous auctions are suboptimal in general though).  If I had only one or two one dollar players left, I wouldn't have drafted Patterson.  Yes I cut him either first or second week, but that put him higher on my radar than he would have been and I picked him back up right away.  And since I can slide him over to RB, I have room for TY Houston this week.

On 12/3/2021 at 12:31 AM, mcbigski said:

Was planning on swapping out TB DEF for Dallas, since NO was down two starting tackles, but left the poker room to meet some friends from one of my cash leagues and was agonizing about starting Taysom Hill or Handsome Jimmy in that league, and didn't come back around to it until about 3 minutes in.  Such is life.  

I went with Jimmy G in that league, since I'm also starting Mitchell and Aiyuk there. As SF goes, so goes my nation.  90+ rushing yards isn't quite as tasty with 4 INTs so likely a wash.

Got to say that miscounting my budget when bidding for Trey Lance worked out really well (simultaneous auctions are suboptimal in general though).  If I had only one or two one dollar players left, I wouldn't have drafted Patterson.  Yes I cut him either first or second week, but that put him higher on my radar than he would have been and I picked him back up right away.  And since I can slide him over to RB, I have room for TY Houston this week.

It's gonna be close. It'll be a helluva thing if two Everett fumbles lose me this. 

Good luck

Edited by Babblebauble

On 12/1/2021 at 1:46 AM, Jaime L said:

JJ and my fate very likely depend solely on power rankings. JJ at least has the power rankings cushion and can control his own destiny if he finishes strong. 

The very likely condition is not always the happening condition.

You still have to beat Jace - but Jace with the Colts on bye and her TE situation dire.  As with so many things in life, your fate may depend on Deebo Samuel's groin.

Power Rankings Week 13

1) Dunknegg - 83-34, 9-4, 2069.24 points 
2) Jace - 81-36, 9-4, 2157.62 points
3) WJ - 69-48, 7-6, 2014.22 points
4) BL - 61-56, 5-8, 1873.94 points
5) Mcbigski - 58-59, 10-3, 1949.60 points
6) JJ - 52-65, 4-9, 1818.68 points
7t) Race - 47-70, 5-8, 1777.70 points
7t) Jaime - 47-70, 5-8, 1846.82 points
9) Jaxom - 45-72, 5-8, 1784.36 points
10) Bronn - 42-75, 6-7, 1700.40 points 

Ok here where we're at:

Top 4 playoff seeds

Byes:
Will comes down to mcbigski, Jace and Dunk. Mcbigski gets the 1 seed and a bye if he beats Jaxom. However if he loses and Jace beats me and Dunk beats JJ he could miss out on a bye entirely.

WJ has also clinched a playoff spot but has no shot at a bye.

Then the shit really hits the fan.

Playoff seeds 5 and 6 and Jaxoming order

Roughly:

(If someone wants to do the exact math of all the scenarios, I'd appreciate it. I'm still too jetlagged to try. And please correct me if I'm off on anything) 

2 of the 5 below can make the playoffs. 

Bronn - Makes the playoffs with a win over WJ. Becomes the 5 seed.  Otherwise likely to be near the top of the Jaxoming block.
BL - Makes the playoffs with a win over Race. Is the 5 seed if he wins and Bronn loses. Is the 6 seed if Bronn wins and either Jaime loses or Jaime wins but doesn't outscore him by 26.12. If he loses, he's on the Jaxoming block though is guaranteed safe due to power rankings.
Race - Makes the playoffs with a win over BL AND either Jaime loses OR Bronn loses AND Jaxom either loses or wins but he outscores Jaxom by 6.66. If he wins but the AND conditions don't occur or loses he'll be somewhere on the Jaxoming block.
Jaime - Makes the playoffs with a win over Jace AND either Bronn or BL loses OR BL wins but Jaime outscores him by 26.12 points. If he wins but the AND conditions don't occur or loses, will be somewhere on the Jaxoming block.
Jaxom - Makes the playoffs with a win over Mcbigski AND 2 of the 3 of Bronn, Jaime and BL all lose and he maintains his 6.66 point edge over Race. If he wins but the AND conditions don't occur or loses, will be somewhere on the Jaxoming block. 

Basically everyone in this tier (other than Bronn presumably) is rooting for WJ to beat Bronn to really open things up. 

JJ - No chance at the playoffs. But has a good chance to be saved by power rankings if BL isn't on the Jaxoming block and doesn't shit the bed in week 14. Will definitely be rooting for BL. 

What I'm saying to every single person in the league - there's a chance. 

Edited by Jaime L

9 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

The very likely condition is not always the happening condition.

You still have to beat Jace - but Jace with the Colts on bye and her TE situation dire.  As with so many things in life, your fate may depend on Deebo Samuel's groin.

Yeah genuinely can't believe I have a chance at the playoffs after being 4-8. This league is batshit. I'm not saying I'll be coming after Kamara and Deebo with poisonous blow darts this week. But I'm also not not saying that. 

Edited by Jaime L

Dames needed a TE. I needed a QB who gave me the whisper of a chance at scoring points, even if I lose this week...and even though I'd like to repeat as Champ, wouldn't you all love that!...even getting into the playoffs, running the gauntlet looks dire.  This was a move meant to generate real points this weekend.  So I'll probably score under 100...