Westeros Experts League 2022

Jaime L

Can't really complain about Jace taking this one.  She has the best team in the league.

But I do wish I'd started Justin Jackson over Jeff Wilson.  Would have made the right call if they were both playing today, but when I had to put Wilson in the lineup on Thursday there was still a chance Ekeler could make it back off the Covid list, so was too risky.

37 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Can't really complain about Jace taking this one.  She has the best team in the league.

But I do wish I'd started Justin Jackson over Jeff Wilson.  Would have made the right call if they were both playing today, but when I had to put Wilson in the lineup on Thursday there was still a chance Ekeler could make it back off the Covid list, so was too risky.

Not a blowout, I won't be comfortable until it's over. I got lucky that your QBs played down to the competition, Kirk seemed dead set on killing me today.

5 hours ago, Babblebauble said:

Looks like this week I'll need Jonathan Taylor to come through more than any other. 

Good luck, Dunk. But not too much luck!

I’ll need it based on what your QB’s did last time they played each other!

I was about to say good luck to you both, but how about a pox on both of your houses!

Despite Joe Burrow hate fucking the Ravens' secondary, I didn't get enough production from my RBs to stay alive.  James Robinson rupturing his achilles after 10yds total was a blow.  And pour one out for him, instead of getting one solid RB contract he's got to hope to be the next Donta Foreman.  Overworked and underpaid.  But Pollard didn't eat much in that romp, and Melvin Gordon finally lived up to his draft price.

In the end, my decision to start MIA instead of DAL since who is Ian Book again?, didn't bite me in the ass.  Miami had one more point than Dallas.  Tough at the end of the year when you have 3 top 7ish d's to make the picks.

Well I hope that you all (who aren't getting jaxomed, sorry steve?) decide to include yourselves in the video chat next draft.  if Boiled Leather had something else to pay attention to besides how my other auction draft was going, that would have been fun, but it was just he and I.

Edited by mcbigski

Congrats to @Dunknegg on the Experts title. Along with Jace, had the best team all year and put up two monster scores in the playoffs. A deserving champ.

Regarding Jaxoming, if I'm reading the fantasy football thread we have two qualified entrants @grozeng (from winning W-A) and @Mudguard (from winning W-B and W-C). In addition @RaceBannon42 saves himself by winning Keeper. 

Groz and Mudguard, please weigh in if you intend to join Experts next year. 

Ok we have our Experts lineup for next year (assuming no one opts out): Dunk, Jace, mcbigski, WJ, Jaxom, BL, JJ, Race, Groz, Mudguard.

A new commissioner will need to be decided but probably can wait until closer to the start of the season to figure that out. Good luck all. 

• 6 months later...

@Dunknegg, @Babblebauble, @mcbigski, @Whiskeyjack, @Jaxom 1974, @boiled leather, @J.J. Lannister, @RaceBannon42, @grozeng, @Mudguard

Ok with another Experts season about to start the league needs a commissioner. WJ is the logical choice as he already runs most of the other board leagues and is willing to do this one as well unless anyone else has any interest in doing it? Otherwise will toss him the keys and y'all can go ahead and figure out a draft date and all the rest.