Trade with dunk.

He gets Sanders, Kelley, mclaurin, aj green, hockenson

I get Taylor, fournette, Metcalf, k.allen, hooper

Hopefully Jaime is around to process it.  If not, I'm starting

Taylor for Sanders

Metcalf for mclaurin

Allen for p.williams

L.thomas for hock

@Dunknegg you might want to post your starts here too.

There's nothing quite like having a huge (unsupportable) hunch on a guy on the wire but being unable to justify dropping anyone else for him. I just spent fifteen minutes frowning at my TE group for having too much potential and not enough production. Trouble is the guy I'd drop one of them for is, uh, a deep scout kinda situation. Maybe I should just Pony Up and drop Randall Cobb.

:idea:

• 3 weeks later...

Wait, was I the only one to bid on Goedart?  I know I'm thin at TE, but once I saw he had the highest rest of year projection at the position, and suspecting that Ertz is not only injured but over the hill, I had to go large.

Also looked at Jace's lineup recently when I was looking to ship a QB and looking at her WR corps how did I lose to that team?  (I know, bad QB play mostly, but still...)

On 10/10/2020 at 5:15 PM, Jace, Basilissa said:

There's nothing quite like having a huge (unsupportable) hunch on a guy on the wire but being unable to justify dropping anyone else for him. I just spent fifteen minutes frowning at my TE group for having too much potential and not enough production. Trouble is the guy I'd drop one of them for is, uh, a deep scout kinda situation. Maybe I should just Pony Up and drop Randall Cobb.

:idea:

How did that work out?  If it's not too early to say i hope.  Also, was looking at trade options and how ever did I lose to your WR corpse? as BHO once said.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Took a few minutes and put together the Power Rankings up through week 11.  Just for fun, since it doesn't matter this year.

1) Whiskeyjack:  66-33  (7-4)
2) Boiled Leather:  63-36  (7-4)
3) Jace:  59-40  (9-2)
4) Mcbigski:  54-45  (5-6)
5) Jaime:  51-48  (4-7)
6) Race:  47-52  (4-7)
7) Jaxom:  46-53  (7-4)
8) JJ Lannister:  45-54  (5-6)
9) Dracarys:  39-60  (4-7)
10) Dunk:  28-71  (3-8)

Looks like Jaxom has been lucky and Jace has been a little lucky.  Mcbigski, Jaime, and Race have been a bit unlucky.

On 9/7/2020 at 11:13 PM, Whiskeyjack said:

Draft would have been even better if Mcbigski didn't save his last reserve of money for Antonio Gibson.  At that point, he was sitting there with an $8 max, I had a $7 max, and next highest was Jace at $4 max.  I had two guys way above everyone else on my list - Gibson and Diontae.  Mcbigski had 2 roster spots left, so my hope was he'd blow them on some okay but not great players.  If he did, I could have gotten both guys for $4 each.  But he threw down a $7 on Gibson unfortunately, so I just ended up with one.

I forget who I'm playing this week, but Gibson did OK.  And I ended up with Diontae too!

2 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Do I get to nominate Andy Dalton as my Lamar replacement? I didn't know the latter had covid until, uh, now.

Thanks for the heads up.  Perhaps unfortunately, I'm in the same pickle in my superflex league.  Benched Dalton in favor of Jones and now I need to figure something out unless Lamar has a couple negative tests.  Gotta check the waivers in that league, but Dalton didn't do that much.  Maybe I'll beat the 2nd best team in that league with Glennon lol.