Westeros Experts League 2022

Jaime L

21 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

I'm curious, are reporters actually trying to figure out which players are and are not vaccinated for potential fantasy implications?  We found out this week that Kirk Cousins is not vaxxed, which is pretty disappointing. 

Would definitely be helpful information to know, but as of right now I think people are mostly just finding out when a guy is placed on the Covid list or when somebody makes a public statement (like Beasley).

15 hours ago, Maithanet said:

I'm curious, are reporters actually trying to figure out which players are and are not vaccinated for potential fantasy implications?  We found out this week that Kirk Cousins is not vaxxed, which is pretty disappointing. 

The universe in which Kirk Cousins can be counted upon to make logical and rational decisions...

... has a purple sky.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

I emailed BL.  I haven't got an invite yet.  Draft day works for me.

Appreciate you following up with BL, Bronn. Will give him until the end of the month for him to let us know he's playing Experts this year. If we don't hear from him by then, will open up the spot. Likely first come/first served unless someone has a better rationale. But can cross that bridge closer to the date.

And looks like the invite made it to you successfully so we're back to 10 teams (assuming BL is still in). 

Looking forward to this.  Got another auction draft that night, but doing them both from home.  And since there's a lot of west coast people in this league and none in the other, the later the better for start time.  (out to about 11pm eastern time).

But I can make pretty much whatever work that monday.  And thanks for accomodating me on the date.

7 hours ago, Jaime L said:

Appreciate you following up with BL, Bronn. Will give him until the end of the month for him to let us know he's playing Experts this year. If we don't hear from him by then, will open up the spot. Likely first come/first served unless someone has a better rationale. But can cross that bridge closer to the date.

And looks like the invite made it to you successfully so we're back to 10 teams (assuming BL is still in). 

Of course I’m in. It’s a given unless I’m dead. must not have hit submit earlier. Labor Day is fine

11 hours ago, boiled leather said:

Of course I’m in. It’s a given unless I’m dead. must not have hit submit earlier. Labor Day is fine

Ok, great. We now all have 10 confirmed.

I've set the Draft time for Monday September 6th 8:30 EST/5:30 PST. Hopefully that works for everyone but weigh in if there's any issues. 

• 2 weeks later...

I entirely endorse using the new chat option on the upper right for yahoo.  I think it improved my draft experience, but I'm by default more about the shit talk.  Not sure if you have enough real estate on  tablet or phone though.

Edited by mcbigski

Really like my team.  Very happy with the starting lineup and depth at RB and WR.  Only mistake was QB3.

QB - J.Herbert, J.Hurts (T.Taylor)
RB - A.Jones, A.Gibson, R.Mostert (A.Dillon, T.Sermon, R.Stevenson, T.Johnson, J.Patterson)
WR - D.Metcalf, AJ Brown, D.Johnson, C.Davis (D.Smith, J.Meyers, E.Moore, R.Moore)
TE - L.Thomas, A.Hooper
K - T.Bass
DEF - New England, Denver

Thought I got pretty good deals on a lot of guys, and a bunch of the players I was targeting. 

My WR depth is way better than I'm used to, and I'd be willing to trade Devonta Smith or Jakobi Meyers for a better QB3. 

Well BoiledLeather and I had a nice enough chat in the video chat side room.  I recommend it for next year.  We hardly snarked at all about you specifically.  And it was good to see his bride and hear his contractors.

I'm assuming Race didn't join in because he had to deal with my, after a long day of golf and drinking, knocking back a couple martinis and a bottle of wine during another league draft chat on Sunday night.  Though I was also in another auction draft at the same time today, so stayed off the hard liquor til now.  Reasonably happy with my team.

After getting Tua, the draft assistant I was using from fantasy pros didnt sync fast enough, so I ended up blowing all of my discretionary funds on Trey Lance.  Not a bad pick up, but I thought I had a few more dollars left than I actually did.  So I got sniped on Meyers, Firsker, Jarwin, and Lindsay in the late rounds.  For few dollars more...

Which means mcbigski's QB Emporium is open for trade offers yet again.  If it's for someone that I'm going to actually start.