Westeros Experts League 2022

Jaime L

As far as I can tell, the current scenarios look like this:

Bronn is in if Van Jefferson scores more than 25.1 points.

Jaime is in if Matthew Stafford outscores Zach Ertz by more than 41.34 points.
(he could theoretically lose this spot if James Conner scores something like 50 points for BL, but its very unlikely)

If both of those things happen, then BL, Jaxom, and Race are all out.

If only one of Bronn or Jaime advances, then there is one spot remaining for BL, Jaxom, or Race.  In that situation -

BL is in if James Conner outscores AJ Green + Arizona Defense by more than 4.74 points.

Race is in if James Conner does not outscore AJ Green + Arizona Defense by more than 4.74 points AND AJ Green + Arizona Defense outscore Kyler Murray + Christian Kirk by more than 17.3 points.

Jaxom is in if James Conner does not outscore AJ Green + Arizona Defense by more than 4.74 points AND AJ Green + Arizona Defense do not outscore Kyler Murray + Christian Kirk by more than 17.3 points.

If neither Bronn nor Jaime advance, then there are two spots remaining for BL, Jaxom, and Race.  In that situation -

Jaxom is in if he wins, which is basically a 99% lock. 
(if Jaxom somehow loses and Jaime loses and one of BL/Race loses then this spot defaults back to Bronn making the playoffs based on record)

BL is in if James Conner outscores AJ Green + Arizona Defense by more than 4.74 points.

Race is in if James Conner does not outscore AJ Green + Arizona Defense by more than 4.74 points.

19 hours ago, Babblebauble said:

Good luck @Jaime L, it looks like it'll be close. And that means fun.

:cheers:

You think football is still fun? 

On 12/10/2021 at 5:10 PM, Tywin et al. said:

Two first place teams and 4 outta 5 are looking playoff bound.

I'm coming to fuck all of yous up next year. @Jaime L, your bitch ass better not get Jaxomed. 

As you can see from WJ's post above, if Stafford scores less than around 50 points and I don't win W-A I'm Jaxomed. Maybe you can have my spot, that would be poetic. Though in the past your trash talk usually signaled your imminent elimination from the playoffs. Be better! I don't want you to be the guy in the PG-13 movie everyone's *really* hoping makes it happen. I want you to be like the guy in the rated R movie, the guy you're not sure whether or not you like yet. You're not sure where he's coming from. Okay? You're a bad man, Tywin. You're a bad man, bad man. 

Final Power Rankings 

1) Dunknegg - 91-35, 10-4, 2263.38 points 
2) Jace - 90-36, 10-4, 2349.50 points
3) WJ - 74-52, 8-6, 2161.44 points
4) BL - 65-61, 6-8, 2013.42 points
5) Mcbigski - 60-66, 10-4, 2086.64 points
6) JJ - 55-71, 4-10, 1958.06 points
7) Jaime - 54-72, 5-9, 2022.64 points
8) Jaxom - 51-75, 6-8, 1940.74 points
9) Race - 47-79, 5-9, 1909.62 points
10) Bronn - 43-83, 6-8, 1835.32 points 

Byes:
(1) - Jace
(2) - Dunk

First Round playoffs:
(3) - Mcbigski vs. (6) Jaxom 
(4) - WJ vs. (5) BL

Jaxoming Order:
 Bronn
 Race
Jaime

Saved by Power Ranking:
JJ

A characteristically wild last week with BL and Race's matchup and a playoff berth/Race's elimination on the line flipping late during the MNF game before James Conner finally locked it down for BL. Jaxom meanwhile slides into the 6th seed based on his win and Bronn and I losing.

Additionally JJ survives by a single power ranking win over me (and by outscoring Mcbigski by 2.34 points) and was teetering on a knife's edge throughout the Monday nighter with the potential of being passed by any of the 3 teams he ultimately outscored. But the end result is JJ lives on to survive for another season. Once again, every last point matters.

Meanwhile Bronn, Race and I are now all Jaxomed in that order depending on how many qualified Experts applicants there are. Though each can regain life by winning another league. 

Good luck to all the playoff teams. 

58 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Well damn.

What he said.  Opposite reason.

From 5-1 to 6-8.  Eliminated in week 14 by a single pass from Justin Herbert to Jalen Guyton.  And only a single team left to reclaim my spot, after my 7-6 team in Keeper doesn't make the playoff cut.  That remaining team eventually has to go through Jaime - good luck there.

Edited by Bronn Stone

Jaime asked me to copy this over here too.

With games being delayed do to Covid, we're back to using the rules we put into place last year.  Seems especially important now, since we're in the playoffs. 

Here's the rule we're going to use -

If you want to start a player from a game that is scheduled for Monday or Tuesday, you will be given the option of posting in this thread that you are starting the player, but that if he ends up not playing due to Covid, then you are choosing to start a different player in his place.  You must specify the replacement player in the post, and you must post it before the replacement's game starts.  Also, if you want to make a change to any instructions, you must make a new post - please do not edit an old post you had already made.  If you change something, I'll rely on your last post in the thread.

Here's an example:
I am starting Derrick Henry at RB.  If he doesn't play due to Covid, I'm going to start Joshua Kelley instead.

As of right now, this covers the following games this week:
Las Vegas at Cleveland
Minnesota at Chicago
Seattle at LA Rams
Washington at Philadelphia

Yes, including the regularly scheduled Monday night game - try to capture any unforeseen issues that occur in any game after Sunday.  Let me know if you have any questions.

@Babblebauble
@Dunknegg
@mcbigski
@boiled leather
@Jaxom 1974

Currently starting Jalen Hurts.  If he doesn't play due to Covid, start Gardner Minshew.  If he also doesn't play due to Covid, start Cam Newton.

Currently starting Antonio Gibson.  If he doesn't play due to Covid, start Craig Reynolds.

Currently starting DK Metcalf.  If he doesn't play due to Covid, start Gabriel Davis.

Currently starting Devonta Smith.  If he doesn't play due to Covid, start Gabriel Davis - unless he's being used in place of DK Metcalf, in which case start Laquon Treadwell.

Currently starting Jake Elliott.  If he doesn't play due to Covid, start Robbie Gould.

Changed my mind at one spot.

Currently starting Jalen Hurts.  If he doesn't play due to Covid, start Gardner Minshew.  If he also doesn't play due to Covid, start Cam Newton.

Currently starting Antonio Gibson.  If he doesn't play due to Covid, start AJ Dillon.

Currently starting DK Metcalf.  If he doesn't play due to Covid, start Gabriel Davis.

Currently starting Devonta Smith.  If he doesn't play due to Covid, start Gabriel Davis - unless he's being used in place of DK Metcalf, in which case start Laquon Treadwell.

Currently starting Jake Elliott.  If he doesn't play due to Covid, start Robbie Gould.

Maybe it's hubris, but I'm not going to bench Matt Gay.  I mean what are the odds he has 13 fumbles and no kicking points?

Still, you did manage to not only avoid the ax in our match up last week, you took away my bye and made Jace the Queen of Blunts and Ponies.  

I'm on to Mole Town, looks like.  Though if Tyreek and Kelce are both out due to covid this week, can Mahomes be far behind?

I said it last year, and it feels even more true this year, it's really unfair that people are getting knocked out of this league when it's all burning down at the most important time. Jace and I just had our playoff game in C, and combined we missed our total projected scores by over 110 points (with me accounting for 70 of that), with basically half our players scoring less than five points. That shit kinda happened in the other two playoff games I had this week (0-3, awesomesauce) and one of my two first place bye teams barely broke 100 (Dynasty juggernaut not surprisingly was unphased). If I win B and Dynasty I'm not going to turn down the invite, but something about it just feels wrong. I want to kick your asses on a level field. Whatever happens going forward, this isn't that.