Westeros Experts League 2022

Jaime L

So when is the draft?  I have cash league drafts on the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday before the first game.  Need to schedule this one and my cousins' league.  I'd be great with the Thursday before opening day.  Unless they're still working on BL's kitchen.

Guess everyone is okay with me being the commissioner.

Need to figure out the draft date.  Sounds like mcbigski is out for September 5-7.  I've got conflicts on August 23, August 29, August 30, and August 31, unless we draft pretty late (i.e. start at 9:45 central or later).  Lots of late kids soccer practices this year.  August 26-28 and September 2-4 could also be issues for me, but won't know until later.

That leaves us with these options:

Monday August 22
Wednesday August 24
Thursday August 25
Friday August 26 (maybe)
Saturday August 27 (maybe)
Sunday August 28 (maybe)
Thursday September 1
Friday September 2 (maybe)
Saturday September 3 (maybe)
Sunday September 4 (maybe)

My preference is definitely the day mcbigski mentioned (Thursday September 1), since its the closest to the start of the season.

Please post here with a list of the days that will not work for you.

@Dunknegg, @mcbigski, @Jaxom 1974, @boiled leather, @J.J. Lannister, @RaceBannon42, @grozeng, @Mudguard, @Firebrand Jace

Alright, lets tentatively plan on having this draft on Thursday September 1st.  If Race or Dunk have a conflict, we can maybe revisit that date, but I think its the best option.

If anybody is in contact with Race, can you reach out to him and ask him to check in?

Final cuts are Aug 30, waiver claims due on Aug 31, not sure when they are processed.  First game at 8:20 EST on Sep 8.

I’m definitely out from Aug 26-Aug 31 as I will be out of communication with the world…i.e. no cell or internet connectivity.  If my flight on the afternoon of Sep 1st is not delayed or cancelled, a risky proposition lately with the forced retirement of pilots, I may be available after 9pm EST in time to wing it with no prep, but better than Auto-Jaxing. Honestly, any date between Aug 24-25 or Sep 2-7 works best for me, but I’ll go with what works for the most parties.

7 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Alright, lets tentatively plan on having this draft on Thursday September 1st.  If Race or Dunk have a conflict, we can maybe revisit that date, but I think its the best option.

If anybody is in contact with Race, can you reach out to him and ask him to check in?

What time? 

Would the 24th be possible for Experts? I know it's early but there's only one more preseason game and I don't think it conflicts with anybody.

Alternatively I offer the 4th or 5th, a Sunday and Monday respectively.

Just trying to help gather momentum towards a consensus, not making demands.