Westeros Experts League 2022

Jaime L

17 hours ago, mcbigski said:

Commish moved a draft.  Thursday sep 1 won't work.  Labor day is now open.  Got one more draft to nail down with the family league but will see about half the league by Monday and figure it out.

We'll see if another day works for people, no promises.  

7 hours ago, Firebrand Jace said:

Would the 24th be possible for Experts? I know it's early but there's only one more preseason game and I don't think it conflicts with anybody.

Alternatively I offer the 4th or 5th, a Sunday and Monday respectively.

Just trying to help gather momentum towards a consensus, not making demands.  

Thanks Jace, appreciate it.

Everyone - 

I think these are our options.  Even if you've already posted, please check in again to acknowledge that we might need to change the date and let us know which ones work for you.  

Wednesday August 24
Thursday August 25
Sunday September 4 (maybe)

Monday September 5

@Dunknegg, @mcbigski, @Jaxom 1974, @boiled leather,  @RaceBannon42, @grozeng, @Mudguard, @Firebrand Jace

@JJ Lannister

I think I can make thr 4th or 5th work at the moment.  The 24th is probably best.  I'm at work on the 25th, and while I'll likely be able to draft while doing things (I'm just on duty manager, so unless something happens, my nights are quiet), I might be in and out.  

Okay so if we change the date, it would need to be one of these:

Wednesday August 24
Monday September 5 (but late enough for JJ)

Sounds like those would work for me, JJ, Jaxom, and Jace.  Mudguard said on another thread that those days are good for him.

@Dunknegg @RaceBannon42 @boiled leather @mcbigski

Need you guys to check in, especially with one option being as early as this week.

6 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Okay so if we change the date, it would need to be one of these:

Wednesday August 24
Monday September 5 (but late enough for JJ)

Sounds like those would work for me, JJ, Jaxom, and Jace.  Mudguard said on another thread that those days are good for him.

@Dunknegg @RaceBannon42 @boiled leather @mcbigski

Wednesday 24 works.  Monday 5 works.  Would prefer later like 10pm est.. for that Monday but if we nail this one down I ll schedule my league around it.  Sorry if I've been a pita.

8 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

I scheduled my family draft for 7pm on labor day.  12 team snake so still clear for that Monday night by 9 30 Eastern time.

Okay.  In order to move this to the 5th, we need Race and BL to post and say if it works okay for them.  If you're in contact with them, might be worth reaching out to ask them to check in.

On 8/21/2022 at 5:15 PM, Whiskeyjack said:

Okay, the 24th is out now, because we're having the Westeros A draft that day. 

Still waiting to hear from Race and boiled leather on if they are okay moving the draft to September 5th.

That works for me, unless I have a long flight delay.

1 minute ago, boiled leather said:

the 5th?  I fly out of chicago too early on the 6th, so hopefully not too late Central time

Groz can't start earlier than 9 eastern, so would guess it'd be around that time.

Of course, he also told me he needed to drop out of the league if the draft stayed on September 1st and then hasn't responded to any of my messages since then.  So no clue if he can do September 5th and/or if his spot is going to Jaime instead.

Alright.  So we're officially changing this draft to Monday September 5th at 9 eastern / 8 central.

@Dunknegg, @JJ Lannister, @mcbigski, @Jaxom 1974, @boiled leather,  @RaceBannon42, @grozeng, @Mudguard, @Firebrand Jace

Groz - let me know if you are staying in or dropping out.  I need to know by August 27th, because if you give your spot to Jaime then he doesn't want to also play in W-C, and that league is drafting on the 28th (and I'd need to find a replacement for it).

Also Mudguard -  I sent you an invite to the league on August 17th, using the gmail address you've used to signup for leagues in the past.  Let me know if you got it or if I need to send another one.  Another person mentioned that his got sent to his spam folder, so please check there too.

21 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Also Mudguard -  I sent you an invite to the league on August 17th, using the gmail address you've used to signup for leagues in the past.  Let me know if you got it or if I need to send another one.  Another person mentioned that his got sent to his spam folder, so please check there too.

Yeah, it went to my spam folder this time.  Thanks for letting me know.