NFL 2019: Wake Belichick Up, When September Ends...

Jace, Extat

56 minutes ago, Rockroi said:

Okay, this one I just made a mistake on; I thought you were saying I needed psychological counseling (as opposed to Antonio Brown), hence my snarky response.  This one is entirely my bad.  Sorry.  because, yes, I agree, that Brown almost certainly needs help, but that's hardly a hot take. 

Well to be fair you do too :P, as does everyone in general. I find it annoying that we have annual physical check ups but not annual metal health checks.

But even if it's not a court of law, even if its some other system where the burden of proof is not so high, I would not want a system where an accusation is akin to proof; where the mantra is always "Where there is smoke, there is fire."  Again, even to somebody like AB- a bad person who has exhibited troubling toxic, narcissistic tendencies, I think its unfair for him to have all this behavior, the league do nothing (not even issue a warning) and then say "Well, this one, largely uncorroborated accusation make sit so you can no longer play football."  That's not fair.  yes, he is getting paid, but payment now is not the issue; it's his long-term marketability which would be adversely affected.  Its also how he would be marked in this way.  Unfair and wrong. 

And just to point out- if he did it and if the evidence mounts it would not be wrong to suspend him later.  But now?  Not enough.  

Well to be fair this is largely a labor dispute, and if an employee acts up enough, the final straw can be a rape accusation. 

4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Well to be fair you do too :P, as does everyone in general. I find it annoying that we have annual physical check ups but not annual metal health checks.

Would that be going into a room and just listening to Motley Crue and Quiet Riot for an hour every year :)

Personally, I think the Pats should not play Brown this week and wait to see if anything else comes out.  Not like they need him and it would look good in the "public eye".  But that would require the Pats to do something ethical, so not very likely to happen.

1 hour ago, The Last Storm said:

Think the line for the NE-MIA game is 18.5 even though Brady doesn’t play well in MIA historically. I have a feeling MIA covers because you know NE won’t have the same conviction that had in week 1 against PIT.

I feel like it's 50/50 that he low key takes it easy on Flores, only aiming for the high 30s, vs being determined to outscore Harbaugh.

Pretty great story about how Scottish Browns' punter Jamie Gillan ended up in the NFL.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2853470-meet-scottish-hammer-jamie-gillan-nfls-long-shot-long-haired-rugby-punter

Some really funny stuff in there too, such as:

"Funny story," he said. "I actually had a pretty fun night with the boys, accepted the scholarship and woke up in the morning and forgot I did."

---

Gillan had never heard of the state of Arkansas, let alone the 2,800-student university located in the center of said state. He was on a flight to Little Rock before having a chance to Google his new school, and he was surprised to learn upon his arrival that he was now enrolled at a historically black college. 

---

Barely half a decade ago, he was drinking Irn-Bru while engulfed in Highland rugby, and American football was thousands of kilometers from his radar. Earlier this year, he had to break the news to Odell Beckham Jr. that the kilt the superstar receiver wore to the Met Gala was on backward. True story. 

"Yup, he wore that the wrong way," chuckled Gillan, who has a Browns kilt in his locker already. 

1 hour ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I feel like it's 50/50 that he low key takes it easy on Flores, only aiming for the high 30s, vs being determined to outscore Harbaugh.

I think there's a reasonable chance Belichick does take his foot off the gas against Flores, who really needs at least a moral victory or something. Why not another run-heavy game plan when the opposing offense is unlikely to do much and you have a surplus of cheap young RBs? Flores, by the way, looks even more obviously set up to fail by the Dolphins. He'll Byron Scott them through the years when they have to suck and stockpile assets, then he'll get dumped when they want to bring in a big name retread or the McVay of 2020 or 2021.

2 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

I saw somewhere that the Steelers were in on him. Would you want them to give up a first round pick for him?

I would.  I don’t get the value placed on first rounders.  You’ve got a known quantity in Fitzpatrick (who was a first rounder...) vs a virtual crapshoot in the draft.

35 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I would.  I don’t get the value placed on first rounders.  You’ve got a known quantity in Fitzpatrick (who was a first rounder...) vs a virtual crapshoot in the draft.

I somewhat agree with you with the known entity vs the draft crap shoot. But free agents who change teams sometimes don't fit in with the system and are a bust, not much different than the draft, plus you lose a year or two of the player being cheap. You get them right on the cusp of a big payday, ahem Amari Cooper.

Now if Dallas could trade Charlton even up for him I'd be all for it. I was all about Dallas drafting Taco but man he hasn't shown anything until the past preseason game.

Darnold is out for a while with mono. Think that actually helps Gace as he has an excuse for a potentially lost season. If they lose to the Browns Monday they could very well start 0-6 with that schedule. If the Giants lose to the Bills I’m gonna punch myself in the face. Tired of this goddamn coach and team. Schurmur doesn’t leave me feeling confident he can coach a winning team, and I know the D is trash but FFS they got manhandled by Dallas.

13 hours ago, dbunting said:

Now if Dallas could trade Charlton even up for him I'd be all for it. I was all about Dallas drafting Taco but man he hasn't shown anything until the past preseason game.

As far as I know, Fitzpatrick is still a well regarded player. So why would the Dolphins, who are apparently stockpiling picks, trade a top 10 pick from 2018 for a disappointing defensive end who was picked 28 the year before and thus has one less year left on his rookie contract?

Just now, DanteGabriel said:

As far as I know, Fitzpatrick is still a well regarded player. So why would the Dolphins, who are apparently stockpiling picks, trade a top 10 pick from 2018 for a disappointing defensive end who was picked 28 the year before and thus has one less year left on his rookie contract?

Because he's a fan of Dallas and thus wants that player. Reality is irrelevant. Not taking a shit on dbunting, just fans in general.

There are a lot of Colts fans who think Luck will be back in 2 years and that he only retired because he thought Brissette "looked so good in camp" and wanted to give his buddy a shot.

Like they actually believe that. They don't need evidence or facts. They have belief, brother.

1 hour ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Because he's a fan of Dallas and thus wants that player. Reality is irrelevant. Not taking a shit on dbunting, just fans in general.

There are a lot of Colts fans who think Luck will be back in 2 years and that he only retired because he thought Brissette "looked so good in camp" and wanted to give his buddy a shot.

Like they actually believe that. They don't need evidence or facts. They have belief, brother.

I do think it's possible that Luck comes back at some point, but if he does it'll be because he misses football, not because of some conspiracy to give Brisket a shot.

Archived