NFL 2019: Wake Belichick Up, When September Ends...

Jace, Extat

Not even a moral victory for the Dolphins. Not when you can't even score a touchdown and barely get past midfield at all. It looked like the Pats' offense had bogged down a bit in the second half, especially with Wynn out, which meant both OT spots were occupied by newly arrived backups, but then Fitzmagick helped with two pick-sixes in short order.

Antonio Brown got targeted on Brady's first three pass attempts and did pretty well, though I don't remember seeing him much after the first two or three drives. He finished with 4 catches for 56 yards and a TD. I wonder if he's going to get antsy about his stats. He might not make 1000 yards or 100 receptions this year.

Kyle Fuller picks off Flacco, after the Broncos got a few lucky breaks with tipped passes.  But can the Bears offense retain the ball to see out the win?  The TD drive was pretty good, but the possessions either side of it were abysmal.

I still don’t see any reason for the Bears to offer Trubiskey another contract. 

8 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

As far as I know, Fitzpatrick is still a well regarded player. So why would the Dolphins, who are apparently stockpiling picks, trade a top 10 pick from 2018 for a disappointing defensive end who was picked 28 the year before and thus has one less year left on his rookie contract?

I never said it would be a good trade! I said I would like it, and I am a Cowboys fan, so I would like a trade that benefited them.

1 hour ago, DanteGabriel said:

Not even a moral victory for the Dolphins. Not when you can't even score a touchdown and barely get past midfield at all. It looked like the Pats' offense had bogged down a bit in the second half, especially with Wynn out, which meant both OT spots were occupied by newly arrived backups, but then Fitzmagick helped with two pick-sixes in short order.

Antonio Brown got targeted on Brady's first three pass attempts and did pretty well, though I don't remember seeing him much after the first two or three drives. He finished with 4 catches for 56 yards and a TD. I wonder if he's going to get antsy about his stats. He might not make 1000 yards or 100 receptions this year.

Thanks to NE and Baltimore for pissing off the Dolphins, now Dallas faces an angry flipper next week. 

19 minutes ago, SkynJay said:

I know the Broncos will complain about that.  Still not sure who called a timeout after the catch. 

Trubiskey did.  It was a designed play.  The receiver knew he needed to hit the ground as soon as he caught it, and Trubiskey knew he had to simultaneously signal for a timeout.  

I'm kinda having a hard time trying to decide whether the Niners actually improved that much from their languishing offensive performance against the Bucs, or if the Bengals defense just really really sucks.  Seemed liked things looked way too easy all day, so I lean towards the latter.

Just now, DMC said:

I'm kinda having a hard time trying to decide whether the Niners actually improved that much from their languishing offensive performance against the Bucs, or if the Bengals defense just really really sucks.  Seemed liked things looked way too easy all day, so I lean towards the latter.

Our defense played really well last week in Seattle, and then today happened...

who the hell knows. I was worried about Kittle beating us all day, but i didn’t think you guys would be able to run on us that much. Our LB’s are terrible though. 

The biggest surprise for me was how well the 9ers protected Jimmy G. Our DL is supposed to be the strength of the team, and we did nothing all game. Even after Staley went out. 

As an avid Eli defender even I have to admit it’s time. I mean they have nobody to stretch the field even if Tate and Shepard played yesterday. I won’t talk about the defense, because the fact that they made Allen look like Unitas speaks for itself. Some of the post game comments were gold though. Jackrabbit calling out the pass rush bodes really well for the locker room. /punchmyselfintheface

I feel like I write the same thing year-in, year-out; I just MAd-Libs it at this point and just rehash things I wrote 4, 6 12 times before and just plug it into a different week.

This week is my "The-Pats-Played-A-College-Team-This-Week" Post.  And, much like Ryan Fitzpatrick at passing, my heart is just not in it.  I am exhausted already with the AB fiasco; bored-to-death with piling onto an obviously tanking Miami team; uninspired by a desolate schedule between now and the Sunday after November (when the Pats play the Chiefs); listless at the hangover that has been the last few years.

I have nothing to add to this dumb, dumb Miami game and that piss-poor team and the meaningless game it produced. Sony Michelle looked amazing; the D is playing like the best D in the NFL and we should all be pretty pleased with that.  But we were playing a team that, through two games, has been outscored 102-10.  

I think injuries are starting to mount on the Pats O-line; Wynn has a toe problem and who knows how long Cannon will be an issue.  That's something to be concerned with.  Otherwise, I swear, that 43-0 game WAS NEVER EVER THAT CLOSE! That game was 90-0 at the half.  

There were a few other games:

I want to talk about the only thing I really want to talk about this week: In all likelihood, Adam Vinatieri will announce his retirement today.  Adam Automatic was the best player on the most unlikely of Pats Super-Bowl winning teams - the 2001 team that dethroned the Greatest Show on Turf.  And with AV, the pats ALWAYS won its Superbowl by EXACTLY 3 points.  He was as reliable a force in the NFL;a true, pro who seemed to do everything right and come through in the clutch.  And it completely sucks that he goes out like this- shanking his last few kicks on a  marginally competent team.  As Deadspin said, if he was any other kicker OTHER than Adam Vinatieri, he'd have been cut by now.  The Colts cannot afford to leave ANY points on the board, even in a game they ultimately win.  AV left a few breadcrumbs around that appear to indicated that today he will announce his retirement.

If that's true it will be the first time since 1995 that an NFL game will be played without Vinatieri on a roster.  

Thanks for everything.  You were, in every way, the best. 

Archived