NFL 2019: Wake Belichick Up, When September Ends...

Jace, Extat

5 minutes ago, The Last Storm said:

Besides Brady, Ty Law and AV were the only HOF caliber players on the early NE teams. His kicks in the snow will be shown as long as football has kicking. Hats off to the dude.

Don Cheatle did this run of NFL commercials and he does one where he attempts (and fails miserably) to recreate Adam's 2001 playoff-winning kick v. Oakland in the Snowbowl (erroneously called the "Tuck Rule" game by people who don't know how rules work).  He attempts the kick on a regular field with a snow-making machine on full blast.  He then misses the kick (it's not even close) then turns to the camera and says "And this isn't even real snow!

Its one of those incredible things thats gone to our collective understanding (I can not even find the clip on YouTube).  Because to know that whole chain of events it was as if the snow DIDN'T EXIST AT ALL to Adam.  That he became an utter legend in an impossible situation under impossible circumstances and didn't flinch.  

Because to Adam... it wasn't even real snow.  

54 minutes ago, The Last Storm said:

Cook is top 5 for sure but I’d ease up on  #1 in NFL. 

Well he is leading the league by a good margin and didn’t even play in the fourth quarter last week. I think people forget that he was great his rookie year before tearing his ACL, and was considered a top prospect coming out of college. He only fell to the second round because of character issues.  

This Big Ben injury might be a good thing in the long run. They have a chance to see what Mason Rudolph can do in a season where the Steelers really weren't going anywhere anyways. If he's good, they know that have Ben's replacement. If not, they probably will have a top 10 pick and maybe a chance to pick a top qb. It's not just the first round pick. They have holes to fill and picking in the early part of the round is of course better than picking near the end like they usually do.

My own beloved Cowboys saw this when Romo was hurt most of 2015 and they finished 4-12. In the 2016 draft they were able to draft Zeke, MLB Jaylon Smith, DT Maliek Collins, Dak, nickel CB Anthony Brown, and S/ST Kavon Frazier. That draft saved their franchise. Pittsburgh isn't a horrible team but they do need a talent infusion given who they have lost.

I'm hoping the Steelers already found their next QB in Mason Rudolph. Except for Donte Moncrief he would have been 12-18 for 112 and 2 TDs. Although Landry Jones had a great game the first time he ever started when Ben was injured and now he's the face of the XFL, so who knows. 

Good job Snyder. It took 20 years but you've finally irrevocably broken one of the most passionate, diehard fan bases in the NFL. Even if the team got good, think a lot of these fans are gone for good. And it's the Snyder Redskins....even if they got good it would only be a one year flash in the pan. 

16 minutes ago, Trebla said:

This Big Ben injury might be a good thing in the long run. They have a chance to see what Mason Rudolph can do in a season where the Steelers really weren't going anywhere anyways

Agreed.  I was only half (if that) watching the game at a bdubs, but Rudolph looked pretty good.  Definitely had a better game than Ben before the injury.

7 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Good job Snyder. It took 20 years but you've finally irrevocably broken one of the most passionate, diehard fan bases in the NFL. Even if the team got good, think a lot of these fans are gone for good. And it's the Snyder Redskins....even if they got good it would only be a one year flash in the pan. 

:grouphug:

22 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Check's 49ers schedule...

Yup... still playing the Steelers next week.  :smug: 

Your team is weird!!!

35 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Don't be ridiculous, they have a home game against the Dolphins in a few weeks.  And that game is on MNF!  That'll be some compelling television.

I guess there can’t be two -16 teams?  

17 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

And both of us are among them, yes?  I'm not at all surprised by these numbers.  When I see friends from growing up, it used to be (as recently as five years ago) we were all Redskins fans and we'd discuss the usual fan shit like how the various rookies are developing and the need for another pass rusher, etc.  Nowadays, it's an even split between the people who have given up on the team and those who are still hanging on, and the discussion is just "why are you still doing this?"  Even the die hard fans acknowledge that there is no reason for hope, the team will be terrible as long as Snyder is there, and there's a real possibility Snyder will own the team for another 20-30 years.  It's just some people are totally committed to their abusive relationship. 

With that as the general temperature of the room, it's no surprise that ratings are tanking. 

Archived